WATCH: Benny Snell tells Paul Finebaum he has “some doubters to prove wrong”

Go figure, Benny Snell is ready to prove more doubters wrong.

In an interview on the Paul Finebaum Show this afternoon, Kentucky’s star running back talked about his team’s upset victory over Mississippi State and what he thinks about those choosing South Carolina to defeat his Wildcats on Saturday.

“Every week, every game, I’m chomping at the bit,” Snell said. “I’ve got a chip on my shoulder, this team’s got a chip. We’ve got some doubters to prove wrong.

Snell even got back to his third-person ways, talking about who he is as a person and what drives him to compete every day.

“Benny Snell, he’s a hard runner. He’s got the heart of a lion. I love football so much, it’s the love of my life. I like having fun. I’ve been doubted, I’ve been doubted ever since I came out of high school. Coming into college, me being overlooked, it’s nothing new for me. I forever have a chip on my shoulder, I forever have to prove haters wrong.”

Finebaum also asked Snell about his Heisman campaign, where he said he certainly hears the noise, though he’s going to continue to put his team and victories first.

“It’s a long time coming, a blessing,” he said. “But we have to keep winning games, we’ve got tough opponents. It’s all about those fourth quarters, that second half when you’re tired. Striving to fight to the finish.”

Check out his incredible interview below:

#Benny4Heisman

[mobile_ad]

Article written by Jack Pilgrim

Follow me on Twitter: @JackPilgrimKSR

8 Comments for WATCH: Benny Snell tells Paul Finebaum he has “some doubters to prove wrong”

1. shelby
    8:08 pm September 24, 2018 Permalink

I love this young man. I’m so thankful he’s playing for our Cats.

2. (Aixelsyd)0505
    9:06 pm September 24, 2018 Permalink

Thank god every day UK football has Benny SNELL!

3. NUM1UKFANFROMTHEVILLE
    10:02 pm September 24, 2018 Permalink

Love his confidence. Let’s go undefeated! #Benny4Heismen

4. michaelb
    10:11 pm September 24, 2018 Permalink

He’s good in interviews

5. maximumscott
    10:27 pm September 24, 2018 Permalink

Its funny when he said “Bill” haha forgot finbaums name like finbaum forget his number. Benny is slick

6. Urincatland
    3:49 am September 25, 2018 Permalink

Awesome Benny! Keep proving all the media that doesn’t give Kentucky recognition wrong. A great young man!

7. BBNBRIAN
    6:04 am September 25, 2018 Permalink

Love this kid! I just hope Stoops doesn’t screw it up for him and his teammates.

• Corder
      10:37 am September 25, 2018 Permalink

How is Stoops going to screw up this team exactly? I guess he hasn’t coached this team at all this year with great game plans and making sure our team is ready after halftime when the Kentucky of old usually took a huge dip from first half succes. It’s just doesn’t matter what Stoops does and how great he has been for our program people like you have hated him or hated on him since he got here. Just admit that will never change in your eyes because people like you will never admit to being wrong because you being right is more important then the program you say you’re a fan of having succes.