Wandale Robinson on Kentucky: “There’s a need for me with their offense”

@Robinson_era

@Robinson_era

Are you worried that Kentucky’s focus on the power run game will push high-level offensive weapons away from Lexington?

At least one prominent playmaking recruit doesn’t see it that way in the slightest.

2019 four-star athlete and Frankfort product Wandale Robinson is making his final decision on Thursday, and the Kentucky Wildcats are one of the five schools he’s considering. Even despite the offensive struggles, specifically in the passing department, Robinson says he sees a “need” for him in the lineup.

In an interview with Woody Wommack of Rivals.com, Robinson broke down his five finalists and why he might choose each school, where he included a pretty in-depth response in favor of his home-state Wildcats.

“I’m a hometown kid and I see that there’s a need for me with their offense,” he said. “They need playmakers to add explosiveness and they’ve made it an emphasis that they need me to fill that role.”

Robinson sees the opportunity for local networking and preparing for life after football if he were to stay home and play for Kentucky.

“To be able to stay in Kentucky, it would set me up with a great network of alumni because everyone in the state would know me and it would make life after football easier,” he said.” That’s what Kentucky has been telling me, stay home, represent my home state and enjoy life after football here as well. That’s really big for them, the life after football aspect.”

He wasn’t a huge fan of any team in particular, including the Cats, growing up. He just wants to to find the best fit for him going forward, which may or may not be in Lexington.

“Growing up, I wasn’t a fan of any team, I just liked football, so I wasn’t a fan of Kentucky or anyone else,” said Robinson. “I just liked watching great players play so that fan aspect isn’t a part of my decision. A lot of people around here wanted me to commit when they first offered me and everyone is still trying to pull me in. I’m just trying to take it all in and make my own decision. Their season has been a little bit surprising to me with how well they’ve done but that’s not a big thing for me. I’m trying to find the best fit for me. The record or the season this year doesn’t have a whole lot to do with that.”

For his reasoning for each school in contention, take a look here.

We’ll find out his final destination on Thursday.

[mobile_ad]

Article written by Jack Pilgrim

Follow me on Twitter: @JackPilgrimKSR

13 Comments for Wandale Robinson on Kentucky: “There’s a need for me with their offense”

1. bankshot
    8:41 pm October 29, 2018 Permalink

I dont feel like he is very loyal to his community and state. Would have every opportunity to excel at Kentucky as Nebraska.

2. Shidler8684
    8:53 pm October 29, 2018 Permalink

Him saying the win/loss record doesn’t matter seems like rationalization for Nebraska.

• mashburnfan1
      9:09 pm October 29, 2018 Permalink

Based on his team talk I think Purdue. UK he says “that is big for them” about staying home and life after football, not big for me. The Purdue talk he says big for me a couple times and with what Moore is doing he has to like that. Maybe if Bowden would have had more games like Saturday he could see his use potential here. Based on how Gran calls plays no way a big time WR comes here.

• jimmer
      9:24 pm October 29, 2018 Permalink

Thought the same thing Shidler.

• unbridled
      10:43 pm October 29, 2018 Permalink

He’s crazy if he chooses Purdue. Brohm will likely not be there next year. Too many programs are going to be backing a money truck up to his door.

• Justin
      9:01 am October 30, 2018 Permalink

Exactly, this is the year for Brohm to land an elite coaching job. With that marquee win over Ohio State, Brohm is an easy sell to angry fanbases.

3. Gus Chiggins
    8:55 pm October 29, 2018 Permalink

He’s going to Nebraska and I have no idea why. If UK putting together the greatest season in 40 years and a bright future with TW, Lynn, and Oline doesn’t entice him to stay home, then dude never wanted to represent KY anyway.

4. bluegrassstu
    9:22 pm October 29, 2018 Permalink

Nebraska bound. Crystal ball leans heavily in the Huskers favor.

5. CombatMedic_98
    9:26 pm October 29, 2018 Permalink

Welcome home kid…! Can’t wait!

6. Skooms
    9:43 pm October 29, 2018 Permalink

Medic, you’re actually a Nebraska fan??

7. Wade
    10:25 pm October 29, 2018 Permalink

We have a lot of guys ready to go smoke rodriquez aj Tisdale and Bowden. He would be used for sure but we’re not what we were years ago when we needed guys. He needs to do what he wants and I don’t think that’s in ky but why Nebraska. Purdue I get they’re surging and a good school. Maybe it’s all about his major since most football players get a degree since there’s no 1 and done! Either way we are good, I’d like to have hometown kids but he said he doesn’t favor any school and isn’t a fan of one team! There you have it! Also saw on 24/7 website just now to verify his position ,duke is ahead of uk and we have 0% of the picks.odd! Don’t follow him now! Meh!

8. unbridled
    10:48 pm October 29, 2018 Permalink

The kid is good but I don’t think he’s great. Uk most certainly does NOT. “need” him. Sheesh. In matter of fact, Im not sure the coaching staff has made this kid a priority.

9. Jesus H. Chrysler