VOTE: What was your favorite 2018-19 Kentucky Football Win?

We are almost two weeks removed from Kentucky’s dramatic season finale in the Citrus Bowl.  Now that we’ve had time to digest the Cats’ first ten-win season in 41 years, let’s reflect on Mark Stoops’ successful sixth season in Lexington.

Led by two of the best to wear blue and white, Benny Snell and Josh Allen, Kentucky won five SEC games to finish second in the Eastern Division.  Kentucky beat four teams in the final CFB Playoff Ranking.

A team that falls into each of the ;previous categories is Florida.  For most readers, the victory in The Swamp was the first time we ever saw a Kentucky football team defeat Florida.  The emotions that followed the win are unforgettable.

A few weeks later, Benny Snell saved his best performance for a rainy fight with Mississippi State, one that ended with a win and $100,000 fine.  It was fun to beat South Carolina for a fifth year in a row, but not as fun as it was to beat Missouri on an untimed down.  That sparked a matchup with Georgia for an SEC East Title and paved the way for Kentucky’s Citrus Bowl berth (one that was not official until after Kentucky beat Louisville by a measly 46 points).

The Kentucky football season was filled with many great moments.  Now it’s your turn to decide which ones meant the most.  From Penn State to Murray State, rank all ten of Kentucky’s historic 2018-19 season wins.

If you couldn’t tell where I stand in the preview, see my submission below:

1. Florida — Because The Streak, duh.

2. Penn State — A perfect exclamation point.

3. Missouri — If not for the other two, this might have been my favorite of all time.  Winning in that improbable fashion on the last play was magical.  Being on the field after the game was pretty dope too.

4. Miss. State — Kentucky fought fire with fire in the rain and won.

5. Louisville — Kicking the crap out of the Cards always feels good.  If only Bobby P stuck around a little longer…

6. South Carolina — Beating South Carolina is a new routine I’ve grown found of.

7. Middle Tennessee — It got a little too close near the end, but Mike Edwards’ hot start made Senior Day a joyful celebration at Kroger Field.

8. Central Michigan — Benny had a pretty awesome run, but that’s about it.

9. Murray State — Eat it, Racers.

[mobile_ad]

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

14 Comments for VOTE: What was your favorite 2018-19 Kentucky Football Win?

1. katfan33
    6:16 pm January 15, 2019 Permalink

I couldn’t got the Mizzou game very high because 1. We should have never been in a position to win on the last play. 2. We played horrible for 90% of the game.
    But UF and PSU are no brainers.

2. davis2319
    6:34 pm January 15, 2019 Permalink

If anyone ranks anything but the Florida game #1 you are lying to yourself lol

• catsfan1995
      6:45 pm January 15, 2019 Permalink

Idk, the Penn State game was pretty awesome. Undoubtedly though, Florida and Penn State should be 1 and 2, in my opinion. Go cats!!

• mashburnfan1
      8:06 pm January 15, 2019 Permalink

I had PSU 1 and UF 2. The PSU game was on a National stage with not much else on to watch and will mean more to the program. Obviously the UF streak made me think but also I was at the Citrus Bowl and did not make the trip to Gainesville. I had MSU 3rd as I think it was the best start to finish game we played all year. CMU game was last and Vandy low because it was a horrible game. Put Mizzou 5th I think, just had it high because of the importance it ended up being and that 2nd half D, not how we played on offense. USC game I had after Mizzou because of the 2nd half, it may have been the best half {the 1st} we played all year but that 2nd half was horrid. PSU or UF either could be number 1 but really I wish we were voting the top 12 wins, coulda beat A&M and shoulda beat UT. We will save that top 12 wins ranking for next year, lets hope. Still how awesome is it to be ranking the 10 TEN best wins, 10 wins and a nice trophy.

• makeitstop
      9:46 pm January 15, 2019 Permalink

Amen. It made us legit. It broke the spell. U can’t be a contender if can’t beat any team ahead of u and we couldn’t beat them until this year. It was like the Billy Goat curse was broken.

3. KayutsBy90
    7:56 pm January 15, 2019 Permalink

Hey Nick, you left vandy off your preview….

4. BluKudzu
    7:58 pm January 15, 2019 Permalink

F
    L
    O
    R
    I
    D
    A
    By Far

5. BluKudzu
    9:10 pm January 15, 2019 Permalink

Oh yeah, if the Florida Game did not turn out there would have been no Penn State win.
    FLORIDA

B
    Y

F
    A
    R

6. makeitstop
    9:49 pm January 15, 2019 Permalink

Florida and then either PSU or UL bc the Citrus Bowl was awesome – felt like a Final Four win to be there w the confetti going off… and beating the snot out of UL – not just winning – that’s a toss up for 2.

7. kelseyt
    12:42 am January 16, 2019 Permalink

I was at Florida, Missouri and Citrus Bowl. Florida was undoubtedly my #1 and Citrus Bowl #2. The Missouri game was miserable except for obviously the last minute.

8. clarks
    7:16 am January 16, 2019 Permalink

I had m Tennessee higher than most cause was able to attend with my two boys

9. RackEmWillie
    9:21 am January 16, 2019 Permalink

Florida is 1. For obvious reasons.

Penn State is 2. Because this win meant a lot for historical perspective and national views.

Miss. State is 2A. Possibly my personal favorite UK of the season. They did everything they had to do, and were able to coast at the end. Seeing a backup QB in for positive reasons for an SEC game is rare for UK.