Virginia Tech Trash-Talk Fuels Lynn Bowden in the Belk Bowl

Virginia Tech poked the bear.

Kentucky’s trip to Charlotte Motor Speedway featured plenty of laughs from their time flying around the track. As we mentioned Sunday, there was also a little mix-up between the two teams at the track. For Lynn Bowden, it was more than just a little jawing.

When Bowden was asked about the Hokies’ defense at Belk Bowl media day, he replied, “I ain’t got nothing to say about them. Nothing to say about them.”

They had plenty to say to him at the speedway. One player actually posted the video to Instagram. You can watch the altercation below if you can stand an excessive amount of cursing.

WARNING: Language Very NSFW

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Kentucky Basketball & Football (@kentucky.zone) on

“My trip was ruined a little bit, so I’m ready to play. I’ll just leave it at that,” Bowden said. “I’m just ready to play. That’s the only thing I really think about for real. Just ready to play.”

When Mark Stoops was asked specifically how Bowden’s trip was ruined, he did not add any comment either, opting to keep matters in-house. Logan Stenberg shared a similar sentiment.

“I have nothing to say about that whatsoever. I’m not the one talking,” said Stenberg. “If they want to talk, it doesn’t bother me. Honestly, we’ll handle it on the field.”

Stoops’ Kentucky teams have thrived as an underdog. Playing with a chip on their shoulder, they are fueled by the haters. The success over the last two seasons has silenced many of their detractors. If Lynn Bowden and the Wildcats needed any extra motivation for the Belk Bowl, Virginia Tech handed it to them on a silver platter.

“People talking to me. I don’t like when people talk to me because I don’t really talk stuff. I let my game do the talking for me.” Bowden said with a smile: “They gone see tomorrow.”

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

14 Comments for Virginia Tech Trash-Talk Fuels Lynn Bowden in the Belk Bowl

1. cats646
    11:38 am December 30, 2019 Permalink

They fuked up!! They’ll see about it tomorrow!! Best player in the country about to light’em up!! GO CATS!!!!

• sharpshooter81
      12:37 pm December 30, 2019 Permalink

Bowden is a really good player, but he is nowhere near the best player in college football. Let’s keep it real here.

• mashburnfan1
      2:29 pm December 30, 2019 Permalink

Agree. Best player I would say no but MVP I would say yes. Who is more valuable to their team.

• buzzard
      3:34 pm December 30, 2019 Permalink

They fuked up big time!

• cats646
      3:41 pm December 30, 2019 Permalink

*All purpose.

2. Blueballz
    11:49 am December 30, 2019 Permalink

Will our WR Coach be at the game after all this?

3. 4everUKBlue
    12:09 pm December 30, 2019 Permalink

Yeah come see about it!

4. J. Did
    12:29 pm December 30, 2019 Permalink

GO CATS!

5. Tom Bombadil
    12:50 pm December 30, 2019 Permalink

On like Donkey Kong!!
    #Catsby90

6. buzzard
    3:32 pm December 30, 2019 Permalink

Bowden may not be the best player in the country, but I guarantee you there is NOT a player with a bigger heart! BRING IT! I can’t wait to see my all time favorite Wildcat kick some ass!

7. dan1965
    9:14 pm December 30, 2019 Permalink

I hope we F’ork up their world !

8. CJKAssassin123
    9:45 am December 31, 2019 Permalink

Not unless they are trying to get Lynn to get himself ejected by throw a punch or something. Remember we are screwed if we lose Bowden in any sort or fashion.

9. CJKAssassin123
    9:46 am December 31, 2019 Permalink

However I agree they made a mistake by poking the wrong grizzly bear. I hope put 600+ rushing yards on them!

• CJKAssassin123
      10:08 am December 31, 2019 Permalink

I meant to say I hope we put 600+ rushing yards on them and if you say it can’t be done well then same was said about rushing for 500+yards and look how that turned out so if we can put up 500 rushing yards what makes you think we couldn’t put up 600+ rushing yards? Now I know it was against Loservile (L’s down forever and always) Virginia Tech is 10x better defensively than UofL that 4-2-5 scheme they use can be really really tough on Duo-threat QB’s because it’s designed to blow up outside screens and runs to the outside but they way Virginia Tech runs it is a little bit different than it’s normally used which is rare. Not many teams use it. What is different about they way They use it is that on blitzing plays they will drop a DT in exchange for an extra speed rushing DE to get more speed rushing up the middle. They at times will also drop the SS for an extra Outside linebacker who will be lined up in the SS spot but act like a MLB just to have better takling in the middle to help limit yards gained on inside runs or RPO QB fake and keeps like Bowden does very often. They will also go with an extra S in the 5th DB spot for similar reasond.They have a 5-2-4 package where they will bring in either an extra speed rushing OLB lined up on the line or and extra NT it depends if they are defending the run or the are blitzing. It’s going to be a fun challenge today.