UK will Play at Florida on CBS

boom-at-florida

Kentucky’s trip to The Swamp on September 10 will be the featured 3:30 “SEC on CBS” game.  It’s the first time the Cats have been the featured CBS game since Dak Prescott and No. 1 Mississippi State traveled to Lexington in 2014.

The last time Mark Stoops’ squad went to The Swamp, they took the Gators to the brink.  Quite frankly, it’s still a sore subject.  The Cats should have won in overtime after this fantastic touchdown from Boom Williams (and spectacular call from Brent Musburger).

If Kentucky snaps the 29-game losing streak to Florida in front of a nationally-televised audience, the program could take an unprecedented leap forward, leaving the doubts for Mark Stoops’ program behind.

Jeff Badet is excited to return home to Florida.

w

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

8 Comments for UK will Play at Florida on CBS

1. Blueblueblueblue
    11:12 am June 1, 2016 Permalink

UK will lose to Florida on CBS

There, fixed the headline for you.

2. Elwood BLU
    11:53 am June 1, 2016 Permalink

The negative football comments are always so witty and entertaining. When you have a plan and stick with it, things can turn around. See my Chicago Cubs this year…. Unless the program implodes we have to give Stoops two more years. #footballfirst #stoopstroops

• whatwasthat
      12:23 pm June 1, 2016 Permalink

Elwood, blublublu is a loserville troll, they live on this board, like ticks on a dog in summer. Football will be fine, the joke really left very little to work with.

• Blueblueblueblue
      12:40 pm June 1, 2016 Permalink

Was part of the plan to have his third OC in 3 years?

3. BluKudzu
    1:14 pm June 1, 2016 Permalink

“The Joke left very little to work with.”
    That was 4 years ago. Since that time, Barnhart hired a defensive genius, that was known for his ability to recruit (It did not take Franklin 3 years to turn around Vanderbilt). Here, it is somehow, different. We are supposed to accept it takes 6-8 years.
    We have no defensive line, we are thin at linebacker, give up both yards and points that can only be tallied by pinball machines, clueless on special teams, can’t get the right personnel on the field, or even 11 players on the field, and we have nothing but head cases on the offense, specifically at QB, while using the 3rd OC in three years. Please don’t even let me get started on our “Well, we did not prepare for a running QB” Defensive Coordinator.
    If this is the plan, and sticking to it gives you what we have got, you are guaranteed to get stuck with it, because Stoops has a contract worth 12 million over the next 4 years, and Barnhart both politically and financially can’t afford to fire this guy. Ineptness throughout. Nothing is going to happen, except, the chance to surpass Joker’s ineptness in running a program.
    Yeah, I am ready for that huge leap forward. I am sick of what I have seen thus far.
    I am begging Stoops to show me something this year. It took a miracle in OT to beat EKU at home.
    Not sure that is much of a sign for victory in the Swamp.
    I hope I am wrong. If so, I will be the very first on here to offer an apology.
    Until then, the reality is we are fighting to be the third best college football program in the commonwealth, behind both Western and Louisville.

4. Elwood BLU
    2:02 pm June 1, 2016 Permalink

The glass is always half full (not empty) for me when it comes to UK football because I want the team to be a mid level SEC team so bad but still…To have depth on the D line you need to be two deep with Juniors and Seniors in this league and that does not happen over night when you start on Empty. We may be thin at LB and the special teams need work but there are plenty of bright spots on this team. Our highly rated QB has matured and is ready to step up and lead, we are deep at RB with multiple guys that can get it done, help on the oline is coming from some country strong KY boys, Conrad will be an ALL SEC tight end before he is done, we have one of and eventually the best pair of CB in the league that will help our sack total with their coverage skills, the WR are talented and it will click for them soon, loved Patrick’s want to but a lot of balls were thrown late and behind the WR last year. It has taken a while to see the results in the win column but it is coming and when it does I will be front and center.

5. whatwasthat
    2:12 pm June 1, 2016 Permalink

Blukudzu you are either a loserville troll also or the most negative UK fan ever. Let me make it clear, the joke left nothing, the dummy didn’t even recruit linemen while as head coach, at least not the type capable of playing in the SEC or even good mid-major. Coach Stoops has made some questionable hires at assistant coach, but I think he has finally hired some adults that will help him run the program. In the microwave society will live in results are expected right away, but it doesn’t work that way in football especially not in such a hard conference. Yes, there have been a lot of bad plays that have cost a victory, but that is football, see Ironbowl field goal return or Michigan St and Michigan punt play, I would say all those teams are very well coached. There are many examples of bad plays by well coached teams that cost them a victory, not just UK. Bottom line coach Stoops has two more years to show progress regardless of the buyout.

• BluKudzu
      2:58 pm June 1, 2016 Permalink

Whatwasthat – Just a season ticket holder, after graduating and being on the team. Now make it clear for me, if you will, obviously I know nothing about college football. You obviously must be the expert.
      I will respectfully argue, Joker was not a Dummy. The Dummy was the guy that put him in the position of head coach to fail. It makes me angry, that Barnhart allows everyone to crucify Joker, without stepping up and telling the rest of the story; that he made the hire and he is to blame. Joker had zero support. None. Joker had no head coaching experience, and had no idea what it took to run a program. No, the issue is not Joker did not recruit effectively, he was in above his head. He was put in a position to fail.
      My issue has been, why repeat the same type of hire, and expect anything different. UK has spent millions to upgrade the program. Millions, and instead of getting someone with experience as a head coach, someone that has experience in building a competitive program, someone who has head coaching experience in a tough conference, he just did the same thing; get another person with zero experience, and now expect something different.
      The hire of Billy Clyde was all I needed to know about this guy. Callipari has saved this man’s career.
      I am not a Louisville Troll, or negative. Just concerned about the program and the wasted opportunity forged by poor decisions of the AD.
      Stoops is not the guy. Barnhart has set this football program back 10 years.