UPDATE: UK Offensive Lineman E.J. Price Tweets he is Leaving UK Football

@joe_mussatto

@joe_mussatto

Kentucky offensive tackle E.J. Price says he is leaving the team.  After sitting out in 2017, the former USC transfer was poised to crack Kentucky’s offensive line rotation this fall.  That changed when he fired off a dozen Tweets this morning as UK completed its fifth spring practice.

huh lol don’t believe the hype the overpaid faculty doesn’t know what it takes to be great

Slushie cups in nutrition shakes get real it’s a reason guys aren’t gaining weight around here and it isn’t the players fault

Death before bondage

Inconsistent? I have 3 A’s and 1 B haven’t been late to anything since January but I am inconsistent…. and please try to down play my talent your best guys know who is the best they went up against

The thing is I know my worth is more than a football player but so many see this as a way out and it is but it has become so saturated with greed fueled rich Man U sit back and sell these kids dreams PARENTS JUST FACT CHECK THESE COACHES

The truth about is I went on my visit was in a mental hospital and told me he was declaring for the draft idk they had returned until I had already signed and was on campus so going across the country to be lied did something to my mental

I am stepping away from this is completely my decision I have great grades right now and look forward to continuing my academic career if possible. I want to thank UK for giving me this opportunity and being a man of his word. I WAS NOT KICKED OFF I AM LEAVING.

Respect is a 2 way streak period

I have overcame so much and my life and it’s time for me to overcome football

Let’s see what dirt gets thrown on my name next ???

Where Price goes from here, that is unclear, but best of luck to him in his future endeavors.

3:15 UPDATE

A UK spokesperson confirmed to Jen Smith of the Herald-Leader that Price has left the Kentucky football team, ending his UK career before ever stepping foot on the field.

4:42 UPDATE

Price just Tweeted an apology.  It appears to have been too late.  A UK official told Derek Terry that Price is still off the team.

5:37 (Hopefully the Final) UPDATE

Is he on the team or off?  Maybe patience is the best advice as the parties go back and forth.  I don’t believe the apology is taking Price over the top, but it appears Stoops is willing to give him one more chance.

Derek Terry was told by a UK official: “Mark Stoops spoke with and will continue to help him. A return to the team is a possibility.” We shall see.

[mobile_ad]

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

47 Comments for UPDATE: UK Offensive Lineman E.J. Price Tweets he is Leaving UK Football

1. Mathlete
    10:03 am March 22, 2018 Permalink

Doesn’t sound like he wants to be here, or maybe he’s upset that he’s not going to crack the starting lineup?

2. RealCatsFan
    10:04 am March 22, 2018 Permalink

Social Media for some people is like giving a loaded gun to a two year old.

3. SuperTroy18
    10:05 am March 22, 2018 Permalink

Whoa.

4. ClutchCargo
    10:07 am March 22, 2018 Permalink

It’s now not working out at the 2nd school; may be time to look in the mirror to find the problem. Glad he is flaking off now instead of during the season. I do sincerely hope he grows up and figures it out in time to take advantage of the opportunity he has been given.

5. bigbluebg
    10:07 am March 22, 2018 Permalink

Feel bad for this kid. As a former 1 semester athlete at UK I can attest, it isn’t for everyone. Not everyone can play, this isn’t high school. Get your degree kid, it’s the only sure thing you’ll get out of college athletics.

• RealCatsFan
      10:12 am March 22, 2018 Permalink

Words of wisdom here.

6. nybrasky
    10:12 am March 22, 2018 Permalink

I hope he gets help with his “mental”. Keep the grades up and good luck!

7. Willis talkin bout....
    10:16 am March 22, 2018 Permalink

Obviously its an emotional time in this kids life. At least it was a somewhat mature rant which ended with gratitude. Stick with the studies brother. Best of luck.

8. Duuuuuude
    10:16 am March 22, 2018 Permalink

I was not clear if part if his rant was directed at USC maybe? I never heard any person claim UK was an NFL factory program.

9. cats646
    10:18 am March 22, 2018 Permalink

Kick rocks dude. Don’t let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.

10. Well someone got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.

My mom used to say that to us all the time and I’m still not sure if I know what it means.

11. Actually, I think I know what his problem is:

12. CatsandPats
    10:35 am March 22, 2018 Permalink

How dare you try and steal the limelight from our basketball team right now! Be gone! We’ve got a sweet 16 game to focus on.

• gobble gobble
      3:58 pm March 22, 2018 Permalink

lol yes because I’m sure he was thinking “I’m gonna steal that sweet 16 limelight” just before he went on his twitter rant lol… not likely

13. UK Fan In Nashville
    10:42 am March 22, 2018 Permalink

Sounds like he was pissed off at USC and wanted to out them for lying to him. His quitting the team at Kentucky seems more like he’s quitting football altogether. Best of luck to him. Sounds like he’s a good student, and I hope he can graduate and do well the rest of his life.

14. DelrayCat
    10:54 am March 22, 2018 Permalink

Sounds exactly like Jonathan Martin.

15. Wade
    11:13 am March 22, 2018 Permalink

Don’t let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.

16. Smyrna_Cat
    11:21 am March 22, 2018 Permalink

Wish him the best … leave it at that.

17. david8577
    11:31 am March 22, 2018 Permalink

This isn’t personal. If you aren’t playing, then someone else is better than you. Man up and get better.

18. Bluebloodtoo
    11:54 am March 22, 2018 Permalink

Perception is reality. Who knows which perception is truth, though.

19. highway119
    12:07 pm March 22, 2018 Permalink

I disagree with your first comment in this situation, David8577. Deciding to transfer, or quit football altogether isn’t personal, but he just bad mouthed our coaches (“PARENTS JUST FACT CHECK THESE COACHES”), our player development and our program in general. I take that very personal. Get out and stay out!

• LaRueBlue
      12:24 pm March 22, 2018 Permalink

Clearly was directed at USC.

• Peas and Carrots
      1:08 pm March 22, 2018 Permalink

I agree, I think the majority of the rant was directed at USC. He thanked Kentucky and said he was leaving the team. Sounds like he’s just done with football.

20. BluKudzu
    12:12 pm March 22, 2018 Permalink

Everybody is going to say something they regret, specifically in the manner in which it was delivered.
    I hope he finds what he seeks. Thank you for the time you spent at UK.
    Get your degree, do not walk away from that.
    College athletics is difficult, requiring much sacrifice for very little opportunity for reward for most at the next level.
    Peace.

21. bailey000
    12:13 pm March 22, 2018 Permalink

Inconsistent could be speaking to your attitude young man. “Death before bondage”?????? This is why liberalism is killing our youth. Everyone thinks they are the greatest thing ever, and if they don’t succeed it’s someone else’s fault. Quit whining about your situation.

• StuckinLville
      12:44 pm March 22, 2018 Permalink

Amen! Kids are so entitled.

• DelrayCat
      12:59 pm March 22, 2018 Permalink

You cons crack me up. Don’t you think the parents deserve most of the blame? That is if there actually is any specific blame to your sweeping generalization. Plus, my guess would be that the vast majority of young people are far more educated and exposed to more things than prior generations. This is a good thing…especially considering how virtually everyone under 30 is patently rejecting your party’s backwards looking doctrine.

• bailey000
      6:49 pm March 22, 2018 Permalink

That’s funny you blamed the parents and so do I. It’s awesome how every generation thinks they are inherently smarter than the preceding one. There is nothing new under the sun. What our children are exposed to is everyone thinking that you are supposed to be happy all the time.

• antiquefurnitureandmidgets
      3:47 pm March 22, 2018 Permalink

Everyone is a dem until they grow up. That’s nothing new.

• cats646
      3:50 pm March 22, 2018 Permalink

Mod bot. Smh

• cats646
      3:53 pm March 22, 2018 Permalink

When these kids are taught there whole life “your special and deserve anything you want” when in fact they don’t, this is the result you have. Next he will be rioting in the streets because he was offended by someone.

• gobble gobble
      4:01 pm March 22, 2018 Permalink

cats646…. *you’re

• cats646
      4:12 pm March 22, 2018 Permalink

Gobble gobble IMO it’s spelled Your. I feel so attacked right now I can’t even believe you would tell me I’m wrong. Ha. Give me a break. Thanks for correcting me.

• cats646
      4:14 pm March 22, 2018 Permalink

I also used there instead of they’re. Didn’t catch that one did ya?

• bailey000
      6:50 pm March 22, 2018 Permalink

We understand… it was probably artist expression.

22. Realme
    12:14 pm March 22, 2018 Permalink

Hard to know how seriously to take his complaints, since his rant made him sound like a crazy person. Hope it works out for the best for him though.

• 2thepoint
      12:34 pm March 22, 2018 Permalink

I agree with you Realme. If that is a somewhat normal state for him, he needs help.

23. Drogon
    12:36 pm March 22, 2018 Permalink

Please, someone, get this young man the help he needs. He’s clearly dealing with some sort of mental breakdown. Get him help before its too late.

24. BBNBRIAN
    1:47 pm March 22, 2018 Permalink

I’ve never participated in a “…2 way streak”, but it sounds fun. I have driven down a couple of two-way *STREETS though.

25. ukwildcat1991
    2:33 pm March 22, 2018 Permalink

One thing that a lot of people don’t understand is college athletics is a business. It ain’t like back in high school where u were the best on the team. No matter what sport u play at the end of the day u have to perform, you don’t perform, u sit or potentially get your scholarship taken away from u. It’s not like the coaches don’t care but they look out for themselves as well to make sure they win to make sure they have stability in their jobs. I ran cross country in college for a athletic scholarship and even in that sport it was such a different experience compared to high school. If your heart isn’t in it don’t continue with it. I respect his decision and like where this kids head is at. Get that degree! That is more important anyways. May not have been the best way to go on twitter and say what he said but I totally understand and wish nothing but the best for him.

26. Bull Filmer
    5:46 pm March 22, 2018 Permalink

Clearly, this kid needs a mental health check. Someone from the University admin needs to do an intervention. He is going to hurt somebody or himself. The breakdown began.

27. ronnie78
    5:48 pm March 22, 2018 Permalink

Not surprising given his history. He would be a good fit at Louisville with the other head cases.

28. Alleykat16
    9:00 pm March 22, 2018 Permalink

I wish nothing but the best for him. I hope things get worked out for him.

29. kjd
    8:21 am March 23, 2018 Permalink

I hope this young man finds what he needs to become the best version of himself.
    It may or may not be at UK.