UK has 100/1 odds of winning the SEC Championship

Mark Zerof | USA Today
Mark Zerof | USA Today

Mark Zerof | USA Today

Mark Zerof | USA Today

Got plans for Saturday, December 3? Well, cancel them and book a hotel room in Atlanta, because the odds came out for the SEC Championship game today and your Kentucky Wildcats have a 100/1 shot of winning it. According to David Purdum, Kentucky has 100/1 odds of winning the SEC Championship, which is actually not the worst in the SEC (thanks, South Carolina!)

8 Comments for UK has 100/1 odds of winning the SEC Championship

1. empiremaker
    12:45 pm July 11, 2016 Permalink

also delicious ice cream cone @ mcdonald/burger king = $1.00

2. Le Docteur
    1:16 pm July 11, 2016 Permalink

In 2012, Missouri did not go to a bowl game. In 2013 preseason, they were predicted to finish 6th in the SEC East with a 5-7 record (1-6 in the SEC). They went to the SEC Championship game that year. I’m not saying that UK is going to do that, but I am saying that this preseason prediction business is governed by “what did they do last year” thinking.

3. Howdy Doody
    1:17 pm July 11, 2016 Permalink

” BET the farm !! It is going to happen !!”

Geezus people…

4. dale-in-orlando
    1:54 pm July 11, 2016 Permalink

I was thinking 5,000 to 1. Don’t think we are getting good enough odds.

5. Leroy Bird - 00
    2:20 pm July 11, 2016 Permalink

Here is what I glean from this, for what it’s worth.

4 of our SEC games are against teams with equal or slightly better odds than us (SC, Vandy, Miss State, Mizzou).

We should beat Southern Miss. If Shannon Dawson comes back to Lex and beats us in his first game, it’s a problem. NM State and Austin Peay are guaranteed W’s.

With these factors in mind, we should win at least 6 to 7 games.

Throw in UGA at home where we’ve competed with them in the past, and Lville as a rivalry game where anything can happen, and it could be a fantastic year.

I know, I’m a believer and that’s not popular on the internet…

• scorpiocard
      6:33 pm July 11, 2016 Permalink

• UK Big Board Update
      7:07 pm July 11, 2016 Permalink

A quick Twitter search for ‘scorpiocard’ will return these results (from UL fans, mind you):

Chug [email protected] 7 Mar 2013
      @ULhothot I swear to you, if I ever met Scorpiocard in real life, I’d smack the shit out if him. He’s the worst

Matt French [email protected] 19 Sep 2013
      @CardChronicle what exactly did you do to ruin Scorpiocard’s life? Dude lives to hate you.

doctorofdunk [email protected] 1 Feb 2013
      @CardChronicle [Makes template for ScorpioCard profile, waits patiently]

doctorofdunk [email protected] 1 Oct 2012
      Want to know more about this bar that ScorpioCard allegedly owned.

doctorofdunk [email protected] 18 Jul 2012
      @CardChronicle We pool some money via PayPal and get ScorpioCard to loan us some cash. We go to an auction, buy cheap 2YO. Stay w/ me…

gocardsattitude [email protected] 26 Jun 2012
      @CardChronicle Matt Jones’ trip to Final Four vacated… Scorpiocard to immediately assume his place. #LCPT

R.C. [email protected]_calhoun 15 Jun 2012
      @CardChronicle scorpiocard really is a buzz killer! Lancaster and billy T should be in front of rozier and crook

gocardsattitude [email protected] 13 Jun 2012
      @troydstout scorpiocard is 12.

Paul Peavler [email protected] 11 Jan 2012
      @ULhothot @cardscott5 Pretty bad. Clay Ables, scorpiocard, Whacker77, all the big name trolls suddenly make a return.

Chris Sohl [email protected] 16 Feb 2011
      Somebody please tell scorpiocard he’s got diarrhea of the keyboard. I can’t do it.

doctorofdunk [email protected] 10 Sep 2013
      @ULhothot I’ve already decided to live-yell my tweets at both road games in TX. Canned shout-out to ScorpioCard, #fth, etc.

6. Sentient Third Eye
    3:19 pm July 11, 2016 Permalink

I wonder what they odds are of the zika virus afflicting the SEC and causing the most-southern 13 teams to forfeit all their games?