UK Football schedules three-game series with Akron

What will the UK Football program look like in 2021? I’m not sure, but I do know they’ll play Akron. According to FBSchedules.com, Kentucky has agreed to a three-game series with the Akron Zips for 2021, 2023, and 2024. Two games will be played in Lexington and one in Akron.

Kentucky will pay Akron $1.3 million for the 2021 game and $250,000 for the 2024 game. The Cats won’t receive anything for the game at Akron in 2023.

Here are Kentucky’s future non-conference opponents as we know them just in case you really want to gt ahead on scheduling:

2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024
9/01 – Central Michigan 8/31 – Toledo 9/05 – Eastern Michigan 9/04 — Louisiana Monroe 9/03 — Miami (OH) 08/31 — Akron
9/15 – Murray State 9/07 – at Eastern Michigan 9/19 — Kent State 09/18 — Akron 09/16 — at Akron
11/17 – Middle Tennessee 11/23 – UT Martin 11/20 — Chattanooga
11/24 – at Louisville 11/30 – Louisville 11/28 – at Louisville 11/27 — Louisville 11/26 — at Louisville

KSR Road Trip to Akron in 2023??

[FBSchedules.com]

[mobile_ad]

29 Comments for UK Football schedules three-game series with Akron

1. bluegrassstu
    5:49 pm February 15, 2018 Permalink

Seriously? Tough opponent, wow

2. BigBlueOnYou
    6:55 pm February 15, 2018 Permalink

Great article! Really on topic for this time of the year! Goodness this is awful.

3. BBNstrive49
    7:04 pm February 15, 2018 Permalink

YES we might go 7-5 with these guys on the schedule!!!!!

4. ronzo
    7:05 pm February 15, 2018 Permalink

UK continues to build an impressive non-conference schedule while draining the athletic department budget. Quite a feat.

• UoKFB PHAN
      9:23 pm February 15, 2018 Permalink

You say the football team is ‘draining the athletic department budget’, Could you please back that statement up with some actual figures and links to web sites with the information.

I could be wrong but it is my understanding the football team and the basketball team are the only two revenue producing sports for UK (I’m hoping the baseball team is now a revenue generator or at least close to breaking even). Again, I’m not sure but I think a large portion of the football revenues come from revenue sharing with the other teams in the SEC.

• UoKFB PHAN
      9:53 pm February 15, 2018 Permalink

BTW… I agree with you on UK the non-conference schedule. According to what I found on-line the Mighty Zips finished 4th in the MAC daddy conference!

5. KYPIP
    7:21 pm February 15, 2018 Permalink

Forget Akron. Schedule Ohio State…wouldn’t that be a fun, hype game?

• BBNstrive49
      7:27 pm February 15, 2018 Permalink

No that would be awful. We would get hyped to get by 45.

• BradCalthegoat
      7:37 pm February 15, 2018 Permalink

Lol I agree we need to schedule more “Popcorn States” because we are terrible

• BBNstrive49
      7:40 pm February 15, 2018 Permalink

Then we might actually win 8 games, like a lot of these clowns think we can win now.

• My Dixie Wrecked
      8:32 pm February 15, 2018 Permalink

Ohio State schedules real football teams with their 3rd out of conference game. Teams like Oklahoma, Notre Dame, Texas, Oregon, etc.

• cats646
      9:54 pm February 15, 2018 Permalink

Sad you can’t use your own program as an example for playing difficult teams. Louisvilles schedule is waaaayy easier than any SEC schedule. As is most other schools.

• BBNstrive49
      10:22 pm February 15, 2018 Permalink

If I remember right louisivlle beat us by like……….a million. Sooooooooo this is awkward.

• cats646
      10:34 pm February 15, 2018 Permalink

Yes. That happened. We played absolutely awful and you all had a Lamar Jackson as one bright shining light of your school. Now that he’s gone….. Nope. Can’t think of nothing good about UofLittlebro

• BradCalthegoat
      12:12 am February 16, 2018 Permalink

They had Lamar Jackson ok that’s fine….. but what do we have? Lol

• BBNstrive49
      12:37 am February 16, 2018 Permalink

They had lamar and we have……..um I guess cal? I heard our cheerleading team is the shit. Speaking of lamar I think he’s still running.

6. BBNstrive49
    7:27 pm February 15, 2018 Permalink

Beat

7. drew_123
    8:27 pm February 15, 2018 Permalink

I mean hell even Vandy scheduled K-state and look how that turned out. Schedule at least 1 more power 5 non-conference game besides UofL please

• UoKFB PHAN
      8:59 pm February 15, 2018 Permalink

I agree with you. No, it doesn’t need to be Ohio State like KYPIP suggested but it could be one of the bottom feeders of the Big10. Indiana and Illinois are near or at the bottom of the B10. Perhaps scheduling a series with them might help the Cats with recruiting in those states. No, they do not turn out a ton of talent but according to 24/7 Sports Illinois did had 5 4 star players and Indiana had 1 5 star and 2 4 star players while the state of KY only produced 3 4 star players this year. And no, not all of the guys from those two states went to B10 schools.

I heard Stoops say he want to recruit more in the Washington DC metro area more. It that’s the case then the University of Maryland (last place Big10 east) or University of Virginia Cavaliers (next to last ACC coastal) would be weaker P5 schools in that area. Just some thoughts but it has to be way more difficult than any of us think when it comes to scheduling others non-conference schools.

8. Miller45
    10:56 pm February 15, 2018 Permalink

I wish we could play a regular season neutral site game

• BBNstrive49
      1:10 am February 16, 2018 Permalink

We gotta be big time to get to do that. We will never be big time.

9. BradCalthegoat
    12:13 am February 16, 2018 Permalink

We can’t afford to play bigger teams because we always have 4-7 wins and those “popcorn state” teams help us get to a bowl

10. SuperTroy18
    12:16 am February 16, 2018 Permalink

I’d like to see UC Bearcats or IU back in non-conf. schedule. I’m sure we can’t get Buckeyes on there? But would be nice to play an Ohio team with all the recruiting we do there.

• BradCalthegoat
      12:43 am February 16, 2018 Permalink

Yeah let’s schedule more L’s on our schedule so we won’t go to a bowl for another 10 years real good idea. I wouldn’t even schedule Trinity

11. Lip Man 1
    12:54 am February 16, 2018 Permalink

Those are some pathetic non-conference opponents…but I guess that’s the only way you can guarantee yourself seven wins.

Sigh…UK football, nothing every really changes.

• BBNstrive49
      1:11 am February 16, 2018 Permalink

I agree. We’ll be barley bowl eligible that’s our ceiling.

12. timer2
    8:52 am February 16, 2018 Permalink

This is sad….I’d much rather have a home/away series against Ohio State, Michigan, West Virginia or Purdue – even Indiana – than a bowl game in Nashville.

13. Howdy Doody
    9:49 am February 16, 2018 Permalink

PATHETIC. I’ll continue keeping my money in my pocket.