UK Football listed as underdogs in 4 games for 2020 season

It feels like if Kentucky Football went 15-0 and won the National Championship, they still wouldn’t receive the respect they deserve.

Coming off two of the most successful back-to-back seasons in program history, the betting lords are not optimistic in regards to UK’s upcoming 2020 schedule. BetMGM put out odds for 163 Divison I games for next season, including four Kentucky games. However, all four games have the ‘Cats as severe underdogs.

BetMGM released odds on UK’s matchups against Florida, Auburn, Tennessee, and Louisville. Against the Gators and Tigers, Kentucky is a double-digit underdog, while they find themselves as single-digit underdogs against the Volunteers and Cardinals. All four games will be on the road.

Florida and Auburn are expected to be two of the SEC’s premier teams next season, so the betting numbers on those games don’t seem all that unfair. There is a good argument to make that the UK-UT game will be closer than the odds project. But I would like to know how anyone could justify UL as a 4.5-point favorite. Kentucky has won the previous two Governor’s Cup trophy by a combined score of 101-23. Sure, the Cards are returning a bulk of their production, but so are the ‘Cats. That one feels hard to justify.

The national media and betting sites still aren’t on the Kentucky Football hype train, but that’s okay – they prefer it that way. It’s only going to make these “upset” wins all that much sweeter.

What are your thoughts?

Article written by Zack Geoghegan

Covering all things NBA and UK Hoops. Follow me on Twitter: @ZGeogheganKSR

32 Comments for UK Football listed as underdogs in 4 games for 2020 season

1. KYhammer
    12:10 pm May 17, 2020 Permalink

I don’t see any scenario where Kentucky loses to Louisville. That’s gotta be the bet of the year.

• Cletis75
      12:54 pm May 17, 2020 Permalink

I need to look at their recruiting class. Not sure who they picked up defensively to stop the run.

• BBN4LIFE03
      12:57 pm May 17, 2020 Permalink

Where is Georgia?

• ready4nineNOW
      2:09 pm May 17, 2020 Permalink

Those are just the four uk games they put odds on. Not they are predicting 4 losses with 8 wins

• BBN4LIFE03
      12:57 pm May 17, 2020 Permalink

Didnt mean to reply to you

• WKY Cat
      1:50 pm May 17, 2020 Permalink

Cletis……I doubt any true freshman can handle our very experienced and talented O line.

• csnailnrun
      8:28 am May 18, 2020 Permalink

Loserville needs to go back to their meaningless dump. CATS will do their part, hopefully the ACC will do their part which I do not much faith in.

2. UKinIN
    12:33 pm May 17, 2020 Permalink

Everyone is waiting for UK to come back down to earth. It’s safe to assume they will. That’s the program’s history. So here’s hoping that Stoops proves the oddsmakers wrong. And UK > L1C4 forever.

3. JTHinton
    12:42 pm May 17, 2020 Permalink

Agree with the first three; swap Lou for UGA

4. 2andToodleLoo
    12:46 pm May 17, 2020 Permalink

Never ever bet UK to beat UT. 35 years of history says so unfortunately.

• KyZoneBlitz
      1:39 pm May 17, 2020 Permalink

The Stoops era doesnt give 2-shits about history, we beat em in 17 and was a yard away from 2 out of the past 3 last season. Same with Florida, yeah history, blah, blah, blah…. Stoops should have a winning record against the gators and if not for what seems to be the literal hand of God giving them just enough ridiculously lucky bounces, we would have a 4 game winning streak going. Yeah, I’m a die-hard UK Football-First Fan, and I know all about the histories and all the other B.S. I’m tellin ya now, this staff isnt hearing it, and these players that are on our squad dont give a damn about it either, they came here to WIN. Were loaded with upper-level talent across the board from the starters to 2nd and even some 3rd stringers, but the difference is this staffs ELITE ability to develop the talent once it gets to campus. I’ll be dropping a Grand on the Florida line, the Tennessee line, and 5 grand on the dirtybird line, maybe $250 on the Auburn game, lol. I may lose some money, but I Go to Sleep and Wake up Daily in KY Blue-Tinted Glasses, and any team next to maybe Bama or Clemson or the suckeyes, I’ll take my Cats this season including against uga!! GO CATS – STOOPSTROOPS BABY!!

• bigbluebg
      11:02 pm May 17, 2020 Permalink

Just don’t drop 5 grand on UGA. At least until we know if the wake forest qb transfer is any good. I will not learn his actual name until the season begins.

• JASUN74
      6:33 pm May 17, 2020 Permalink

Kyzoneblitz, is this me with another account? Lmao. Yes Sir my brother. I’ll not be putting that kind of money down just because I don’t gamble on sports, but I’m with you 10,000.00% on the rest of your post. Kentucky is here to stay and Win football games! To me 8-4 would be a down record with this schedule. I’m saying 11-2 including our bowl game. Two loses from these three , Georgia, Florida, Auburn.

I understand why we’re not getting the love yet, we haven’t went out and took it, but it’s changing here in Lexington and we’re gaining on everyone quick. Go Cats

• Big Sexy
      9:58 pm May 17, 2020 Permalink

Yeah 2andToodleLoo. UK beat them 3 years ago and lost to an inferior Tennessee team the last 2 years. So……yeah I see your point. We’re Tennessee’s b!+¢#es as long as we can’t beat them when we’re better.

5. bkeith75
    12:54 pm May 17, 2020 Permalink

This ^

6. bbn606
    1:08 pm May 17, 2020 Permalink

I like our chances a whole lot more against Looserville than Ga.

• ready4nineNOW
      2:11 pm May 17, 2020 Permalink

Its the only four uk games they put odd on. They didnt do uk vs georgia or that would be another loss predicted

7. ScoggDog
    1:26 pm May 17, 2020 Permalink

I’ll take the Cayts and 4.5 in another game against Looserville that’s over by the 4th. That’s a dumb spread.

And I’ll probably take 15.5 against FLA. UK has played them tough the last few years. May piss it away again – but should be close.

• WKY Cat
      1:51 pm May 17, 2020 Permalink

Anyone noticing there’s more commenting on football articles than basketball.

8. ready4nineNOW
    2:11 pm May 17, 2020 Permalink

You should change headline. Makes one think they predicted us 8-4.

9. RAGE
    2:22 pm May 17, 2020 Permalink

I can’t see us not being underdogs against Georgia… In the same breath I can’t see us favored against Louisville… Tennessee I can see them being favored against us on just history alone… They own us sadly but in talent alone I can’t see them being better than us or favored by much… I ain’t as high on our team as most but I only see 3 games on our schedule as sure losses Florida Auburn and UGA.. Yet I can make an argument that we can win those as well… This ain’t your parents Kentucky football…

• RAGE
      2:23 pm May 17, 2020 Permalink

Not being favored against Louisville… Is what I meant to say

10. RAGE
    2:29 pm May 17, 2020 Permalink

My dad always told me that when you are a gambler.. You better not bet with your heart or you will soon be broke.. He always said that you shouldn’t bet on the games of your favorite team cause most of the time you can’t think about it rationally…

• RAGE
      2:30 pm May 17, 2020 Permalink

This comment was meant to be a reply to KyZoneBlitz

• Skooms
      7:47 pm May 17, 2020 Permalink

My dad always told me to bet against your favorite team. That way if they win, you’re happy, but if they lose you at least have money coming to soften the blow.

11. Thetruthshallsetbennyfree
    7:08 pm May 17, 2020 Permalink

If they said UK would beat Louisville everyone would be like no duh, doing it this way gets far more views.

12. 502ownsLexghanistan
    9:36 pm May 17, 2020 Permalink

Louisville’s getting better ding dongs. Yes, you beat our worst football team ever, the 2-10 team, and the rebuild team with a first year coach that had 20+ players graduate or enter the transfer portal. Defense was garbage, it’s only going to get better, especially keeping the same staff. Offense will be deadly this year. LOL @ counting Louisville as an automatic dub.

• AreJ
      8:54 am May 18, 2020 Permalink

I mean I see your point but to say last year was a rebuild is kind of misleading. They went 8-5, finished 2nd in there division, and the favorites going into the week. Whenever ANYBODY beats you by over 100 points in two season and you are the beating favorite it should raise eyebrows. The fact last years team did so well should amplify how embarrassing the 2018 thrashing is lol they quit period.

• Thetruthshallsetbennyfree
      2:45 pm May 18, 2020 Permalink

Kentucky will be better both offensively and defensively so the game will be closer but they should still win. To AreJ it was a rebuilding year because every good team they faced killed them, the issue is most of their fans don’t realise is it will still be a rebuilding year this year as well. Their classes aren’t great and will take time to develop, Stoops first few years have each brought in equal or better talent and his last few definitely have. Sure Louisville beat Virginia but that was it. MSST sucked and only beat us because we had no healthy qb and the Bowden option hadn’t arrived yet.

• Thetruthshallsetbennyfree
      2:52 pm May 18, 2020 Permalink

Another thing AreJ 502 is a troll account, his name comes from the fact 502 owns Lexington in per crimes, STDs, drug use, hookers having an on campus home base, and low iq and generally miserable individuals. I seriously believe it is a real fan who just gets on here to make Louisville fans look stupid but still smarter than they actually are.

13. BigBluSoTru
    12:05 pm May 18, 2020 Permalink

SEC Atlanta is our year this year we have arrived BBN.

14. satcheluk
    5:17 pm May 18, 2020 Permalink

I would expect to be road dogs with everyone expect Ls down. Though I’m inclined to take the cats and the points.