UK Fans of the Day Want Tuesday Practice Notes

FullSizeRender

“We need to care a little less.”

It sounds bad on the outset, but reason with Shannon for a second.  He saw his players pressing, trying too hard to make the big play to win the game.  It happens to young guys everywhere, especially on a stage as big as the one that was set Saturday.  Instead of playing like they were in their backyard, they tightened up.

“We failed because we just tried too damn hard,” Dawson said.

Offense Remains Resilient

Even though much of the fan base is down on this group, they aren’t feeling sorry for themselves.  Dawson said today was one of their best Tuesday practices.  They’ve responded well.  They’re angry about Saturday’s result and excited to move ahead against Mizzou.

Pat had “Five or Six Chances to Change the Game”

The Cats simply didn’t take enough advantages of the opportunities they were given.  Some of the blame falls on Pat, some the OLine, and some on the receivers.  Instead, Florida took advantage of the open opportunities and that was the difference between a win and a loss.

Everyone on the OLine had some mistakes

It was a rough Saturday against Florida’s speed rush.  They aren’t piunning the blame to any one person, but they know Big George is going through growing pains.  “If you thought this was gonna be easy, you’re crazy,” Coach Schlarman told Asafo-Adjei.  Schlarman was proud of the way he bounced back, especially after seeing certain twists and stunts for the first time.

“He isn’t a Nintendo guy, he gets tired.”

Dawson probably would give the ball to Boom more if he could handle the heavy load.  Boom is probably the most consistent performer on the offense, even though he’s still just a sophomore.

Boom said “it sucks” dealing with the loss, but he isn’t too hard on himself, “I feel like it’s the best I’ve been in my career.”

Towles has Deleted Social Media from His Phone

You gotta do what you gotta do to block out the noise.  I’ve been hearing plenty of complaints about Pat and wouldn’t mind doing the same.  Patrick isn’t worried about what people think or if he’ll lose his job, he’s worried about having a little more fun playing football.  He knows they didn’t execute well and he’s still not over the loss, but he has to learn how to move forward and play loose so his team can succeed.

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

27 Comments for UK Fans of the Day Want Tuesday Practice Notes

1. Witch Queen of New Orleans
    7:09 pm September 22, 2015 Permalink

See that Crooked K behind Dawson?

You’re looking at the culprit.

We won’t win another game until they get rid
    of that Cursed Crooked K. It needs to go NOW.

2. BlueBloodtoo
    7:09 pm September 22, 2015 Permalink

That’s totally right Pat — short memory. And ignoring social media is also a good choice. Those people making the comments couldn’t do half the job you do on the field. You do you, let them be jerks passing judgment on stuff they couldn’t do anyway.

3. Bill Raftery's Personal Vallet
    7:25 pm September 22, 2015 Permalink

I hadn’t thought of it that way…but trying too hard kind of makes sense.
    That is probably why I haven’t won the lottery…..been trying too hard ! !

4. kes
    7:34 pm September 22, 2015 Permalink

Im beginning to think this dawson guy doesn’t have a clue. there is a reason he didnt call the plays at WVU

• Captain Obvious
      8:42 pm September 22, 2015 Permalink

Yep. They paid him $500k a year to sit with his thumb up his ass. Its ironic that their successful head coach, who was also an Offensive Coordinator, decided to bring him on as an Offensive Coordinator. Weird….

• Bluegrass
      8:49 pm September 22, 2015 Permalink

It’s true though. Dana Holgerson called the plays at West Virginia

5. Miggity Mike
    7:38 pm September 22, 2015 Permalink

That “Fan of the Day” pic is one of the best things ever posted on this sight! Wow!!

6. bbn4LIFE
    7:42 pm September 22, 2015 Permalink

I didn’t know Joe peschi was a uk fan! !

7. Tommy Cats Fan
    8:46 pm September 22, 2015 Permalink

Sounds right. I realize I have cared too much as a fan. I won’t aymore. Bet your house on Missouri getting points. UK will lose sure as shooting and but for a couple plays, should already be 0-3. But we’re better! You know, I’ve heard that my entire life. We will be a player in SEC. When? I ain’t gonna live forever.

• Dealdash
      10:24 pm September 22, 2015 Permalink

I’m surprised the hype police of the comments section haven’t crucified you and implied you are a UL fan, yet. I agree with you. I think I’ll curb my enthusiasm and pursue other interests.

• J-Dub421
      11:59 pm September 22, 2015 Permalink

If you are unhappy and want to “pursue other interests” then by all means, do so. Just quit being a UK fan. No need to announce it. You won’t be missed.

• John J
      7:34 am September 23, 2015 Permalink

Who asked you, anything, retard?

• J-Dub421
      7:35 am September 23, 2015 Permalink

Folks, I have an announcement. I’m so gay. So, so gay. Grove Street Party!!!!!

• J-Dub421
      7:52 am September 23, 2015 Permalink

Obsessed with me much?

8. Delores The Amazing
    8:52 pm September 22, 2015 Permalink

Female fans of every day would like to see some
    male biceps and tush on these posts. ‘Really tired
    of the “tan blondes” in various states of dress and
    undress whose tans and blondes came out of bottles
    that aren’t ales. Thank you, and goodnight.

P.S. Photos of Patty-Ice’s hair would also be
    adequate replacement for the constant
    barrage of T&A which is tiresome at best for
    a great number of your audience members.

• inside info2
      9:46 pm September 22, 2015 Permalink

you got a whole damn video of Coach Dawson. All we got was a picture. I demand Fan Of The Day videos of the “tan blondes” in various states of dress and
      undress whose tans and blondes came out of bottles
      that aren’t ales.of the “tan blondes” in various states of dress and
      undress whose tans and blondes came out of bottles
      that aren’t ales.

• Dealdash
      10:26 pm September 22, 2015 Permalink

I agree, Delores. How about we just never show any pictures? That’s much better. Isn’t it?

• Dolores the unattractive
      10:53 pm September 22, 2015 Permalink

Yep

• Towles' Man Bun
      8:39 am September 23, 2015 Permalink

Yeah, Dolores. It’s almost like this site never posts pictures of elite male athletes – often shirtless – or something. Totally unfair. Go home and read Jezebel.com, you’re drunk.

9. Not Delores
    9:42 pm September 22, 2015 Permalink

The one on the right,all night!

• Sisqo
      8:36 am September 23, 2015 Permalink

Yup. Dumps like a truck.

10. 8 god
    10:00 pm September 22, 2015 Permalink

Just occurred to me that failing to reach the end zone with 1st and goal from the 2 could be the second most painful failure in this millennium of UK football, behind only the “Where the hell was Cobb?” drive against Tennessee.

11. UK1SEC
    10:22 pm September 22, 2015 Permalink

2,3,4,5,1

12. jcatron
    8:01 am September 23, 2015 Permalink

2,5,4,1,3

13. Sam
    8:27 am September 23, 2015 Permalink

Anyone else notice that Nick Rousch is the new KSR creep. It used to be Matt Jones when he would post often. Every post of Nicks has a picture of college girls on it. Don’t get me wrong, I love looking at girls as much as the next guy. But at what point is it like whoa Nick, Chill out man, you’re starting to look creepy.

• Towles' Man Bun
      8:42 am September 23, 2015 Permalink

You do realize these pictures are sent to KSR – voluntarily – right? Usually with a note that says, “Hey, KSR! We’re from Tri-Delt and love our Wildcats! Please make us KSR Fans of the Day! Go Big Blue!”. It’s not like he’s pulling this stuff from Facebook without consent. Sheesh, some people.

• Booby Petrino
      8:50 am September 23, 2015 Permalink

lol all these newbies to the site are clueless. KSR has been posting pics like this since day 1. The writer has changed through the years, but nothing else.