UK Fans of the Day want the latest bowl projections

The Cats are 4-1 and the path a bowl game looks very promising. I bet these ladies and Dancing Guy would like to know where the Cats could be bowling in the postseason. I aim to please, so here are the latest bowl projections from the national media.

ESPN’s Mark Schlabach: Birmingham Bowl vs. Cincinnati (Wednesday, December 30, noon, ESPN, Legion Field, Birmingham, AL)

ESPN’s Brett McMurphy: Belk Bowl vs. Duke (Wednesday, December 30, 3:30 p.m., ESPN, Bank of America Stadium, Charlotte, NC)

CBS Sports’ Jerry Palm: Texas Bowl vs. Oklahoma State (Tuesday, December 29, 8:00 p.m., Reliant Stadium, Houston, TX)

SB Nation’s Jason Kirk: Liberty Bowl vs. Kansas State (Saturday, January 2, 3:30 p.m., Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium, Memphis, TN)

Saturday Down South’s Brad Crawford: Liberty Bowl vs. Kansas State (Saturday, January 2, 3:30 p.m., Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium, Memphis, TN)

Thoughts? The Belk Bowl against Duke could be fun, but selfishly, I want the Liberty Bowl just so I can eat some good BBQ and visit the goats at Silky O’Sullivans on Beale Street.

16 Comments for UK Fans of the Day want the latest bowl projections

1. Coloradocat
    6:49 pm October 5, 2015 Permalink

Is there a bowl hierarchy anymore? Which is considered better- Liberty, Texas, or Belk?

• CardFan502
      6:55 pm October 5, 2015 Permalink

I don’t know about them other to, but the Belk Bowl is considered a very prestegious bowl among bowl experts.

2. UKnowMe
    6:55 pm October 5, 2015 Permalink

Anywhere but Birmingham and I am good.

3. SCCat
    7:03 pm October 5, 2015 Permalink

i have been trying to figure this out too – the Outback, Taxslayer, Belk, Liberty, Music City, Texas, and LIberty all have a tie in that reads “SEC 3-8” which means they could technically take any team from that pool. But what bowl picks first?

And what criteria do these bowls use to determine who picks first, and does it rotate?
    Sorry for the litany of questions to the group at large.

I’d like a NY Day bowl – I know the bowl season has changed but the NYD bowls just “feel” more prestigious.

4. Stormin'
    7:13 pm October 5, 2015 Permalink

Memphis, Beale Street, and BBQ after New Years sounds good to me!

5. Catcasey
    7:16 pm October 5, 2015 Permalink

R u kidding me the way they played Saturday it’s looking like a loosing season again should be 0 and 5 and everyone talking about a bowl. Really

• Ha!
      7:22 pm October 5, 2015 Permalink

Shouldn’t you be shitting your pants hoping all these sex scandal allegations aren’t true?

• Dude
      7:24 pm October 5, 2015 Permalink

We only have to win two more games, and we’ve still got Charlotte and Louisville on the schedule. 😉

6. scootercat
    7:27 pm October 5, 2015 Permalink

It’s losing, not loosing for crying out loud. Geez

7. Catcasey
    7:40 pm October 5, 2015 Permalink

There ain’t no guarantee win left if eku didn’t show you that you must have been watching the wrong team. You know they will let us down again so calm down

• Ha!
      8:16 pm October 5, 2015 Permalink

Your little scandal ridden program’s football team has a losing record. Shut your mouth.

8. Irememberharrylancaster
    7:57 pm October 5, 2015 Permalink

Are you serious? The Liberty bowl. Heck we are 4-1. You giving up on the second half of the season??? After we beat Auburn, everybody will forget the EKU game. I am looking higher……at worse an Outback bowl………Texas Bowl wouldn’t be bad. The Music City, Liberty and Belk Bowl are for Joker’s teams. I want MORE!!!!

• Catcasey
      8:04 pm October 5, 2015 Permalink

youre looking higher? You are high.

• Ha!
      8:33 pm October 5, 2015 Permalink

You’re talking shit when your school is facing MAJOR struggles? You must be on meth…..

#L1CWhore

2-3

😉

9. Catcasey
    8:46 pm October 5, 2015 Permalink

eku >> flordia> mizzoo > s car.

10. dukes_of_maggard
    1:22 am October 6, 2015 Permalink

Silkys closed down a year or so ago