UK Fans of the Day Want Kentucky vs. Texas A&M Picks

Shoutout to the Miller family, who is already in College Station for tomorrow’s game between the Cats and the Aggies.

Here’s a roundup of national picks to help them pass the time. Even though Kentucky is ranked and Texas A&M is not, it seems Kyle Field and the 12th Man are leading most to pick the Aggies.

ESPN: 6 Kentucky, 10 Texas A&M

CBS Sports’ Barrett Sallee: Texas A&M

It’s crazy to see a top-15 team as such a big underdog, but that’s where Kentucky is at the moment. The Wildcats are white hot on the heels of running back Benny Snell and superstar linebacker Josh Allen. But they’ve done their damage the last two weeks at home, not the hostile Kyle Field crowd. The dirty little secret is that Texas A&M’s defense isn’t just good, it’s really good. The Aggies lead the SEC in run defense (85 YPG) and defensive third-down conversions (24.56 percent), and that’s after playing Clemson and Alabama. The Aggies will shut down Snell enough to make Terry Wilson win a game with his arm on the road, and he won’t come through. Pick: Texas A&M (-5.5)

USA Today: 2 Kentucky, 3 Texas A&M

Stewart Mandel, The Athletic: Texas A&M

I’m a Kentucky believer. And it seems like A&M has come back to Earth quite a bit since that Week 2 Clemson game. But the Wildcats haven’t played on the road in a month, and Kellen Mond is due for a bounce-back game at some point. It’s no secret Kentucky wants to run the ball with Benny Snell Jr., and the Aggies are holding opponents to a respectable 3.32 yards per carry. Texas A&M 26, Kentucky 20

Bruce Feldman, The Athletic: Texas A&M

Can the ’Cats pull off yet another upset? They’ve won in a tough environment at Florida, but as great as Benny Snell has been this season, the Aggies and Mike Elko have the SEC’s top run defense, and I think they can derail UK. If this was in Lexington, I’d go with the ’Cats, but Kyle Field, at night, nope. Texas A&M 17, Kentucky 14

Sports Illustrated: 3 Kentucky, 4 Texas A&M

Laken Litman writes:

You know what they say, never bet against Kentucky football. Actually, maybe that’s the basketball team they say that about. Regardless, the Wildcats are off to a white-hot 5–0 start, and if they win in College Station, they’ll be 6–0 for the first time since 1950, back when the coach was Bear Bryant. Jimbo Fisher this week compared UK running back Benny Snell (639 yards, eight touchdowns) to Emmitt Smith, but he’s about to face the toughest run defense he’s seen this season as Texas A&M is holding opponents to 85 yards per game. On the other side of the ball, Aggies quarterback Kellen Mond hopes to avoid rush end Josh Allen, who leads the nation in tackles for loss (10.5) and is second in sacks (six).

CBS Sports: 1 Kentucky, 6 Texas A&M

Against the spread: 3 Kentucky, 4 Texas A&M

Ben Kercheval writes:

Though the Wildcats are nationally ranked, they’ve only been the favorite once against a FBS opponent: Week 1 vs. Central Michigan. They’re 3-0 as dogs and this spread has already come down from a touchdown. Between Benny Snell Jr.’s rushing production and linebacker Josh Allen being a presence on defense, the Wildcats should have enough to at least cover. Pick: Kentucky +5.5

[mobile_ad]

26 Comments for UK Fans of the Day Want Kentucky vs. Texas A&M Picks

1. cats646
    2:29 pm October 5, 2018 Permalink

They’re still sleepin on us Benny!! Go out there and prove them wrong!!!!!!

2. CKTermy23
    2:37 pm October 5, 2018 Permalink

People just don’t understand the impact Kyle Field will make I hope the cats pervail but I think we get blown out 31-17 A&M wins but we will bounce back and still have a shot at a New Year’s six bowl.

• satcheluk
      7:50 am October 6, 2018 Permalink

Highly unlikely. Running game and defense travels. You need to get with the program.

3. Parker_UKFanNC
    2:48 pm October 5, 2018 Permalink

Do people not understand we are 3-0 against eh spread as underdogs??? Also no one is respecting our defense Aggies won’t score 20.

• bigabes4uk
      3:36 pm October 5, 2018 Permalink

Yes thank you! You said just what I was thinking. Those predicting A&M scoring 30+ on us our fixated on UK of old. Not this team. No way they give up more the 3 TDs worth of pts.

• ClutchCargo
      4:06 pm October 5, 2018 Permalink

I think it will require turnovers and a lot of 3 and outs on our part for them to score that many.

4. ClutchCargo
    2:56 pm October 5, 2018 Permalink

Oh, Benny: “The Aggies will shut down Snell enough to make Terry Wilson win a game with his arm on the road, and he won’t come through.” Prove ’em wrong!

5. dhard
    3:06 pm October 5, 2018 Permalink

Almost without fail, every sec team we have played this year has a defense that will stop the run. How has that worked out from the “experts “?

6. highway119
    3:20 pm October 5, 2018 Permalink

Stop me if you have heard this one before; our team hasn’t been a consistent performer in previous years, and as a result, they are often doubted by others when they face an opponent with more prestige in their name. However, they end up going in and dominating the game. No way that happens this time. Our luck has run out, and this amazing D (*cough* MS St *cough*) will surely shut Benny down, along with his Heisman hopes. Plus, it is a hostile road environment, and there is certainly no way our new, JuCo QB could go into that hostile stadium and play with composure enough to win (*cough* FL *cough*).

P.S. KSR:
    Sorry if my sarcasm drips onto the posts below. I’ll clean it up with the tears of Aggie Fans tomorrow night.

7. KYjellyRoll
    3:37 pm October 5, 2018 Permalink

Some of these experts have A&M scoring 24-33 points…3 previous SEC. teams haven’t scored 34 combined! I understand that A&M has the top run defense, but have they played against U.K. Run game and O-line? I understand the stadium will be rocking, but U.K. Has some experienced players on this team, I just don’t see them folding under pressure. 24-17 U.K.

• ClutchCargo
      4:01 pm October 5, 2018 Permalink

Totally agree with this. Florida had talent, a home crowd out for blood, and 31 years of confidence working for them and we still beat their asses. The critics really need to come up with some new material.

• Catlogic15
      6:04 pm October 5, 2018 Permalink

Exactly. That league leading defense hasn’t faced an OLine that the Cats will bring.

8. ClutchCargo
    4:04 pm October 5, 2018 Permalink

My only concern with this game is whether we can play disciplined football and not shoot ourselves in the foot with silly penalties. We kind of reverted back to that a little against S. Carolina. If we play a clean game, we should absolutely win this one.

9. Bluebloodtoo
    4:28 pm October 5, 2018 Permalink

And they still don’t believe…. When will they learn? The argument about their rush defense is valid, but the other arguments are just plain horrible. They haven’t been favored against FBS opponents once after the first game? That’s correct, but they have won every dam one of them in convincing fashion. What the hell is your point?

10. SuperTroy18
    4:43 pm October 5, 2018 Permalink

“UK has never faced a QB yet like Phillipe Franks, I mean Nick Fitzgerald, I mean Jake Bentley, I mean Mond. And they’ve not faced a defense like Florida, I mean Miss. St., I mean A&M. And they’ve not faced a road environment like the Swamp, I mean Kyle Field. And they’ve not faced an overwhelming offense like the Gators, I mean MSU, I mean S. Car., I mean A&M.

It is the same every week. And every week we dominate. I am hoping the disrespect ends tomorrow night. I mean…SURELY we don’t have to hear this rinse and repeat mess if we are 6-0, heading into a home game versus Vandy, RIGHT?!?!

• runningunnin.454
      8:15 am October 6, 2018 Permalink

Hah, good one.

• yourfriendcasey
      9:30 am October 6, 2018 Permalink

I feel like all I read about with Miss. St is just how good their run defense is and how there was no way UK would run on them. Its the same story every week. Luckily we probably won’t have to hear it for Vandy, but it will be non stop for Georgia week (and Georgia has earned that praise).

11. CellarDoorx06
    4:39 am October 6, 2018 Permalink

Man it would be sweet to actually BEAT A&M…I mean handily. The talking heads wouldn’t know what to think. Heck, I wouldn’t either. GO CATS!!!

• satcheluk
      7:52 am October 6, 2018 Permalink

I’d be happy with a 1 point squeaker.

12. terwilliger
    9:01 am October 6, 2018 Permalink

Man I hope Lynn Bowden runs that same route he did against Fla and we convert again. Terry is doing disrespected. Need some big plays from Bowden, Baker, and Richardson!!!

13. W1ldCats4Life
    9:10 am October 6, 2018 Permalink

Aggie’s front 7 is good, and they held Bama in check, but Tua looked like a video game. This could be the break out we are waiting on from Terry TD. If he can burn the back 4 like he should, Benny will go for 100yds. And Cats will be 6-0. I personally think this “hype” has been more of a disrespect to Terry than to Benny and the run game. Time for Terry to play mad and possessed to prove’em all wrong. SnellYeah!!

14. Your Big Blue Daddy
    9:45 am October 6, 2018 Permalink

Love the spot we are in! Love the disrespect and hope it continues. It is high octane fuel for this team. Love the student vs professor angle! You know Stoops circled this game beginning of the year. He wont admit it but it is important to him. The tex am clemson game is not that impressive. Acc sucks from top to bottom. True colors came out vs a terrible Arkansas team. There will be some nerves but this team is good. Real good. We roll in similar fashion to the sc game. Jump out then grind it out. Cats Roll by 14. 31-17. Go Cats!!!

• SuperTroy18
      11:30 am October 6, 2018 Permalink

Sounds perfect.

15. Wade
    9:57 am October 6, 2018 Permalink

Can’t wait…. nuf said.

16. friendsofcoal
    10:51 am October 6, 2018 Permalink

TAMU 31 UK 10

17. friendsofcoal
    10:52 am October 6, 2018 Permalink

Win this one and I’m sold on our program. I know we are good but not sure about great.