UK Fans of the Day Want 10 Most Important Things for Tomorrow

wku_vs_uk_mcdowell1

The ladies in Blue defending themselves from the Western blob

Tomorrow is a huge day (I don’t have to tell you), and so with that in mind, the ten most important things to remember for UK vs WKU:

1. The Game is on ESPNcNews: Chances are you have ESPN News, you just may not know it. If you have Direct TV, turn to the channels close to ESPN and it is there. If you have Time Warner and you have ESPNU, then you have ESPN News as well. Just find them and it will be close. If you have something else, just run around and scream in anguish. But chances are you have ESPN News…as a matter of fact, I am sure of it.

2. Jalen Whitlow will be Big: Tomorrow the chances are very high that Jalen Whitlow plays the majority, if not all, of the game. He now has a year under his belt and is best suited to run this offense with this current makeup of players. HE improved every game last season and Mark Stoops listed the QB position, along with Raymond Sanders, as the MVPs of the team so far. I like Jalen Whitlow and tomorrow, you should too.

3. Wear Blue and Be Loud: Nashville is going to have a lot of red, but I still estimate the crowd will at least be 2/3 UK fans. But the Blue needs to be loud and make their presence felt. Go to the Cat Walk, tailgate all day (be ready for hot temperatures) and when the game starts, give it all you got.

4. Get on the LIVE BLOG: The Live Blogs return tomorrow and we want you on it, whether at the game or not. We have two people at the game, me and Drew in NYC and lots of fun in between. Don’t miss it for whatever nonsense you were going to do.

5. Trey Lyles Will End up a Cat: Did I say that out loud?

6. Pray for Our Secondary: The UK secondary is going to be a concern all season. But it is what it is at this point. No new options exist. With the comments earlier today of Cody Quinn, it looks like UK has Fred Tiller, Nate Willis and hope at Cornerback. Be patient with the guys and pray…we will need it.

7. Take the Under: The over/under is 56…its the first game with two new coaches. If you have to bet the game (and I am staying away from it all the way…my play is LSU (-4) over TCU), take the Under.

8. Listen to the New KSR Pregame Show: It will be a new year for pregame with me, Drew and most importantly, Jared Lorenzen. You can hear it starting at 3:30 on WLAP 630 AM in Lexington and streaming online at
WLAP.com
. Join the fun

9. Don’t Talk Trash When We Win: We are going to win the game and get the season started on a positive note. But don’t respond to the weeks of Western trash talking by engaging in it yourselves. Western is our cousins that knows not what they do. Let’s just celebrate them after the game and move on…punch up, not down.

10. Have Fun: If this era is going to be what we think it can, tomorrow is the historic beginning of Mark Stoops’ time at UK. I think he is the real deal and am all-in on the Kool-Aid drinking. Enjoy this and watch closely so we can see how far we have come. It should be fun and tomorrow will be one to remember.

That is all. Before you go to bed, check out our day today for Tennis Channel on
“THE OUTER COURTS” blog
. We wrote about cheering against America, tennis taking too long and nipple rash. It was a very KSR day for Drew and me. Otherwise get ready, a Friday night wedding party to get us going on what should be a great 24 hours:

BS3V1oRCEAEoPYQ

Article written by Matt Jones

35 Comments for UK Fans of the Day Want 10 Most Important Things for Tomorrow

1. The Blue Goose
    10:05 pm August 30, 2013 Permalink

Go Big Blue.

2. Ridge Runner
    10:06 pm August 30, 2013 Permalink

Good points, Matt and hoping Lyles is Blue for sure! Yes.. no trash talkin’ when we win. I hear ya.

By the way, those of ya with DISH Network, it’s channel 142.

3. Rumpole
    10:13 pm August 30, 2013 Permalink

In Frankfort on Plant Board cable 141 or 641

4. Ridge Runner
    10:14 pm August 30, 2013 Permalink

Whoa… Either the background of the pages just turned white or I slipped too much moonshine in my coca-cola.

5. Catlogic15
    10:16 pm August 30, 2013 Permalink

Nipple rash??

Damn, son. Please.

6. SR
    10:16 pm August 30, 2013 Permalink

Good post, but fack tennis.

7. DrSayre
    10:20 pm August 30, 2013 Permalink

Dish Network has ESPN News on pretty much all of the packages (America’s Top 120 and above) and DirectTV has it on the Choice Package and above (all of them except the most basic package)

8. Ridge Runner
    10:21 pm August 30, 2013 Permalink

Catlogic, yeah it’s when they get hard..,ya sweat…shirt rubs against….oh wait, you were asking cuz –do we really need to go there. I gotcha.

9. Blake
    10:26 pm August 30, 2013 Permalink

Don’t trash talk…

That’s no fun. I know you’re going to have a lot of positive emotion if UK wins because you were nervous that UK’s weak secondary would give up a big play to a team that’s been inferior to UK your whole life.

Let out that positive emotion by trash talking. This is a rivalry.

10. CliffHaganstable
    10:32 pm August 30, 2013 Permalink

Come on guys, you are treating this game with WKU like its the SEC championship. Have a little more faith in your team. WKU doesn’t stand a chance. Joker, who would have ran the Patriots into the ground, is no longer at the helm. 41-14 Cats.

11. WRB
    10:34 pm August 30, 2013 Permalink

Dish Network on mine is channel 141. Adair Co. Duo_County cable Second tier package channel 193.

12. Blue Truth
    10:42 pm August 30, 2013 Permalink

Yeah I’m definitely going to trash talk.

13. Tard Site
    10:44 pm August 30, 2013 Permalink

Guy that runs one of the tard sites is saying to he is hearing Lyles to UK and Blackmon to uofl.

14. catsUK
    11:15 pm August 30, 2013 Permalink

I ignore any comments that start out with ” COME ON GUYS”, makes me feel like I’m back in middle school getting a pep talk from a male cheerleader. #10)

15. Matt
    11:17 pm August 30, 2013 Permalink

Once UK loses I am going to laugh at all the UK fans for thinking that they were going to win! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, good luck Kensucky, you will need it!

16. cotton nash
    11:26 pm August 30, 2013 Permalink

I hope you are right about Trey Lyles.

17. Matt
    11:35 pm August 30, 2013 Permalink

Trey Lyles, why would he go to UK, they go to NIT’s, UL wins championships!

18. Louisville1Cal4
    11:42 pm August 30, 2013 Permalink

@ 17 Hahahahaha That’s why UofL has more titles than UK right?
    Trey knows a title MIGHT come UofL’s way once about every 30 years, UK on the other hand happens much more often. Plus, he doesn’t want Pitino to diminish what talent he has or to have to spend 4 years in school being held back just to get drafted in the bottom of the second round.
    Nice try little brother, nice try.

19. schroeder
    11:49 pm August 30, 2013 Permalink

I am out of town and need a way to watch the game online…. Please BBN, help me out!!

20. Mc
    11:50 pm August 30, 2013 Permalink

17-UL has been to 2 NIT’s under Pitino. You conveniently left that part out.

21. Slade
    11:53 pm August 30, 2013 Permalink

Who gives a sh*t about your tennis blog? Stick to sucking up to UK and their fan base, Matt.

22. Wildcatsteeler
    4:23 am August 31, 2013 Permalink

Wow, I’m gonna have to go out to get this game on TV. That is beyond absurd. Just more proof of how backward this state is. TW takes over my cable and it goes out for 2.5 weeks. 3 visits by their inept, rude, 20-something “technicians” and nothing. ONLY after the huge wind storm that blew through knocked it out for 2 days did it start working right after they rewired everything. By then I was so disgusted with them I cancelled HBO, Showtime, digital, dvr box and everything but absolute basic as I tried to decide on Direct TV or Dish. So I don’t have ESPNn or whatever the f**k it is. The only thing keeping me in this ignorant, backward, rightwing state is getting to see all the UK games. This is obviously a sign from the baby jesus. There’s no reason to stay here anymore.

23. swampthang
    5:54 am August 31, 2013 Permalink

Don’t let the back door hit ya’ where the good lord split cha

24. Jimmy "Mouth of the South" Hart
    7:28 am August 31, 2013 Permalink

Hey, baby! Someone show this broke dick, Midwest wannabe (#22) the Ohio River. Then, throw his ass in it.

25. Mayor In Black Skintight
    8:18 am August 31, 2013 Permalink

Tip of the day for those of you going to the game: Buy your hot chocolate before you go into the stadium. Last bowl game they charged seven bucks for a small cup, probably eight or nine bucks by now. And, bring an extra for my boy Sturdy Dan.

26. Tired of Being 1 of 12 Games
    8:48 am August 31, 2013 Permalink

I say after UK wins, if they win by more then 17 pts, feel free to rub it in to any Western fan that has been talking sh!t. If UK wins by less then 7 pts. just be glad UK won.

27. Wi Tu Hi
    8:52 am August 31, 2013 Permalink

#25 It will be 94 degrees at game time today, why are you talking about where to get hot chocolate?

28. robuk
    9:30 am August 31, 2013 Permalink

I do not have espn news…but my son does!! PARTY TIME

29. The Real JD
    10:09 am August 31, 2013 Permalink

Does anyone have a link to stream it online??

30. Dennis Smith
    10:25 am August 31, 2013 Permalink

Sure TW has ESPNews, but it’s (normally) a premium channel and/or pay for view. TW offers little or nothing except commercial laden crap channels on their basic lineup other than the OTA network channels ABC, CBS, NBC, WXIX and those great PBS channels. But the thing IS – the OTA channels are FREE – so why the hell would anybody pay $100/mo to watch Fox News or Ice Road Truckers? I’ll tell you why – simply because their is always ONE program that you want or need to watch – so you pay it. And I’ll also tell you why TW offers their high priced packaged crap – First, your State & local governments decided 35 years ago to award perpetual Eminent Domain Rights on your property to the highest bidder giving the Cable companies a nich market that operates completely outside the Free Enterprise system (AKA Republicanism), and Second, the FCC refuses to allow the media providers to sell their programs individually, allowing the Cable companies to group their programing into their overpriced tier packages without choice. John McCain even proposed a Bill last summer that would break up the cable monopolies, but his own party refused to support him and John Boenher would not allow it to come to the floor. So the Cable companies keep right on overcharging and keep on sending a whole lot of what they are charging you to the Washington Lobbyists so they can keep right on fleecing you. Put and end to the cable company monopoly and the FCC control of media packaging and just stand back and watch the OTA (and all) providers start offering much better programming, with fewer commercials and at much less price. That’s my rant, I make it regularly. Some day the public will wake up and end this nonsense that makes a few people rich as hell, at the expense of everybody else – not by creativity or competition, but by political manipulation.

Part On and enjoy the game!

31. D
    11:10 am August 31, 2013 Permalink

Haha, that’s my wife in the pic with the blob!

32. Beavis606
    11:50 am August 31, 2013 Permalink

I bet the bf of the girl on the far right is happy. That mouth can open wide!

33. crazy_twat
    3:36 pm August 31, 2013 Permalink

I don’t have espn news…and im sure of it!

34. Wayne
    12:16 am September 1, 2013 Permalink

My number one wish would be for Matt Jones to go away forever. I believe that he is a Duke grad who has been hired by Duke to make us look stupid. There is no other explanation for his existence. He knows absolutely nothing about football and only enough abut b-ball to make him credible. Go back to Durham and maybe, just maybe, the UK Fan IQ might go up.

35. UKCincy
    8:08 pm September 1, 2013 Permalink

I bet the Over and WKU to cover. Thanks Matt.