Skip to content

Kentucky Sports Radio

University of Kentucky Basketball, Football, and Recruiting news brought to you in the most ridiculous manner possible.

UK Fan Video of the Day Wants Evening Notes

We’re going with a Fan Video of the Day this week to headline the Friday random housekeeping notes. It’s from inside Faurot Field in 2018 when CJ Conrad caught the game-winning touchdown. @Smitty4UK shared the clip earlier today in response to Roush’s memories from that comeback.

Hopefully tomorrow’s game has a similar outcome, although we’d prefer it be much less stressful.

— To get you ready for the game, we will spread facts and fun on the KSR Pregame Show beginning at 1 p.m. Saturday afternoon. Matt Jones, Ryan Lemond, Freddie Maggard and I will talk Cats and Tigers for an hour on the Lexington airwaves or anywhere in the world via 630 WLAP on the iHeart Radio app. Tune in as you pregame.

— This week’s hype video is already out. Watch it here if you haven’t already. As always, ask someone to tie you to a chair before you watch.

Start your day with the UK/Missouri HYPE VIDEO

— Speaking of videos, “Tyler Herro,” the hit song by Jack Harlow, not the basketball player, is trending worldwide and has over 2 million views online in 24 hours. The song isn’t actually about Tyler Herro, as the title suggests, but the former Kentucky guard is referenced throughout the song and makes an appearance in the video here (language is for adults only).

— KSR is pretty bummed Kroger’s KSR Game of the Week got postponed until Saturday. However, the radio show still had fun at Bardstown High School and in downtown Bardstown after the show (we all bought candles at Making Good Scentz) and we’re still excited to learn the outcome of the annual Bardstown-Elizabethtown game when it is played tomorrow.

— For the KSR radio show listeners, meet the cinnamons rolls (and other things) from The Futile Bakery.

— Do you like good bourbon? If so, may I interest you in the Fayette County UK Alumni Club’s fall scholarship raffle? Over 300 bottles of various bourbons, tequilas, vodkas, etc. are up for grabs, including a 10-year and 12-year Pappy. The deadline to purchase tickets for this drawing ends tomorrow, so click here now if you’re interested.

— The line on tomorrow’s game is down to Kentucky -4 after opening at -5.5. 71% of the money is on Mizzou. Let’s hope the other 29% gets rich. Go Cats.

Article written by Drew Franklin

I can recite every line from Forrest Gump, blindfolded. Follow me on Twitter: @DrewFranklinKSR