Two of UK’s first three games will be on SEC Network

The good people behind the Southeastern Conference and the good people behind ESPN have announced the schedule of football games that will be televised on the SEC Network during the first three weeks of the 2014 season. Your University of Kentucky Wildcats will see two of its games aired on the network, beginning with the home opener against Tennessee Martin on August 30. That game will have a noon kickoff.

The Cats will be back on SEC Network two weeks later when the team travels to Gainesville to upset Florida.  That game is set for 7:30 p.m.

Television coverage for the September 6th home matchup with Ohio will be announced at a later date.

Fans who do not have AT&T U-Verse, DISH, Google Fiber or the National Rural Telecommunications Cooperative, should request the SEC Network at GetSECNetwork.com.

Cats.

Article written by Drew Franklin

13 Comments for Two of UK’s first three games will be on SEC Network

1. Wow
    5:36 pm May 1, 2014 Permalink

Wait we’re going to upset UF? Awesome

2. Rei
    6:01 pm May 1, 2014 Permalink

Sounds like Time Warner, who is everywhere in SEC country, won’t carry it.

3. SoCal Will
    6:17 pm May 1, 2014 Permalink

So, is the SEC Network available throughout Ohio for the 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th grade ballers to see?

4. I ain't requesting ish...
    6:20 pm May 1, 2014 Permalink

Till I find out what the charges are going to be. All we’ve heard is REQUEST IT! REQUEST IT! How are they going to price this I’m already getting [rhymes with graped] with TWC and their ever inglating prices. Is this new sec network gonna cause me to raise to another channel tier? Currently my channels include espn & 2 but not the stupid U. Or is this gonna be like the nfl network that you can add to any package for some unreasonably absurd amount? Or will companies be nice enough to add it as a normal channel on the package that includes fsn and espn and other sporting channels as part of the package since it is in our region ( I could understand customers outside of any of the sec states having to pay full price)?

5. I ain't requesting ish...
    6:21 pm May 1, 2014 Permalink

*increasing

6. DT in DC
    6:36 pm May 1, 2014 Permalink

I’m in Northern Virginia and have Verizon FIOS.. So far, it doesn’t look like they will have it. I’m sure it’ll be on the top tier of programming, so it’ll be extra. I will probably suck it up and order that package during basketball season as it will still be cheaper than going to a sports bar and watching the games (with food and drinks) each month. I still don’t see what was wrong about ESPN showing all our games during basketball season to the entire nation that might not pay extra for a specialized conference channel.

7. What's The Point
    6:54 pm May 1, 2014 Permalink

I don’t understand what the point is in requesting the SEC network for several reasons.

(1) Upon going to the web site, entering in Lexington’s zip we have the Time Warner choice …but Time Warner is being acquired, and Lexington’s area is being sold Charter Communications, which is not an option on the web site and Charter is terrible so they won’t carry it regardless; nonetheless, we will be petitioning a provider who won’t be our provider anyhow.

(2) For some reason, being in Lexington, home of UK — a founding member of the SEC — we get the Big Ten Network as part of our cable sports package with the soon-to-be-gone Time Warner, but it is inevitable we will not get the SEC Network but Charter will probably keep the Big Ten Network for us.

And, finally, (3) the SEC Network will likely be so expensive it will be ludicrous.

8. UK Radio
    7:12 pm May 1, 2014 Permalink

Listening to the game > giving in to the SEC Network crap

9. BBN
    7:21 pm May 1, 2014 Permalink

You can tweet, phone and email Time Warner and they KNOW NOTHING. Some you talk with don’t even know what the SEC Network is. The thing I don’t understand is UK has no choice ..all basketball and football will be broadcast through SEC Network. Why hasn’t they city not start putting pressure on Time Warner. If basketball was to start Aug 30 there would be all kinds of concern…Don’t get me wrong, I love BBN Basketball but for the life of me cant see Lexington OK with only DISH Network carrying it. For those of us who live in apartment its not like you can hang a dish outside your window. .

• tyrus
      9:56 pm May 1, 2014 Permalink

Called Direct TV and they too were totally clueless about SEC Network, so stop with the “call your cable provider” for now. Oh well I sure as crap won’t miss Musburger calling any SEC game.

10. bluetooth
    9:44 pm May 1, 2014 Permalink

I don’t understand this crap not being able to view these games . I pay dish 100 plus every month . I want my cats

• BBN
      10:10 pm May 1, 2014 Permalink

Oh I understand, I want my cats as well, however cant have DISH at my apartment…so what is one to do? Move is a little extreme. Sad to think as big as Lexington is…you can only watch UK is on Dish Network…sad