Two of ESPN’s 16 experts pick Kentucky to beat Georgia

Predictions are rolling out for Saturday’s game and two of ESPN’s 16 college football experts picked Kentucky to beat Georgia for the SEC East.

David M. Hale and Sam Khan Jr. have faith the Cats will pull off the upset, with Hale predicting a score of 17-14 and Khan 20-17:

Even if the Cats lose, there’s no way Georgia’s scoring 30+ points.

[ESPN]

[mobile_ad]

13 Comments for Two of ESPN’s 16 experts pick Kentucky to beat Georgia

1. meeksfor3
    11:44 am November 1, 2018 Permalink

Anyone who thinks UGA will score 35 points probably hasn’t even watched UK play this season.

• blueblue
      11:48 am November 1, 2018 Permalink

You bet me to that. That was exactly what I was going to say.

• Duff86
      1:36 pm November 1, 2018 Permalink

Precisely, among the analysts who picked GA to win, the median score for GA is 28 points. That’s ambitious. Not impossible, but ambitious. Now if the offense can just turn the corner, then we’re scary good. Terry Wilson is at his best when he’s thrown the ball to Bowden and Conrad. If Benny does Benny things and Wilson does what he did in the final drive, then GA should be on major upset alert. LET’s GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Han
    11:57 am November 1, 2018 Permalink

We’ve only given up 20 points twice, yet almost all of these experts have Georgia getting at least another touchdown past that.

3. VolsSuck
    11:58 am November 1, 2018 Permalink

Dun Murphy has not watched a second of Kentucky football

4. az1006
    12:24 pm November 1, 2018 Permalink

If you suggest UGA is going to put up 30+ on this defense, and with out style of play, then you don’t deserve to be picking these games. One of the top scoring offenses in the nation managed all of 14 points, and 49 total yards in the second half. Georgia scored 16 points at LSU (comparable to us defensively). We may not win the game (I think we do), but Georgia doesn’t have an ice cube’s chance in hell of scoring 30 points. I think it’ll be 20-17 Cats.

• SuperTroy18
      12:26 pm November 1, 2018 Permalink

Exactly. A LOT of these “experts” seem to know near-nothing about our Cats.

5. jorgepancho
    12:26 pm November 1, 2018 Permalink

Now we know why Mizzou was favored by a TD last week – because they put up 29 on UGA. Now we also know UGA’s defense is not anywhere near its hype. In three SEC road games, the Bulldogs have allowed 17, 29, and 36 to SC, Mizzou, and LSU. Of course, UK has only allowed 7, 10, and 7 at Kroger Field to State, SC, and Vandy. Great seeing comments here calling out so-called “experts” who have UGA scoring upwards of 30 or more. Laughable, really.

6. Eazy19035597
    1:36 pm November 1, 2018 Permalink

To me its really simple. Kentucky scores 3 TDs(plus maybe a field goal to put some distance) they win. No way the defense chokes when they’re needed the most. 24 20 Cata

7. Wade
    1:55 pm November 1, 2018 Permalink

Sam khan with the upset picks I see uk and penn state. I Like this guys mentality!

• runningunnin.454
      6:14 pm November 1, 2018 Permalink

I think he’s got the UT-WVa game right, ,too. I’ll take the Mountaineers in that one.

8. KYjellyRoll
    2:07 pm November 1, 2018 Permalink

I just don’t understand why they think GA will score 20-30…I say 17-10 cats

9. Brad
    9:36 am November 2, 2018 Permalink

Georgia is the best team we have played all season if we hold them to 20 I’ll be happy and think we have a great shot