Tom Jurich admits UofL received confidential information from WakeyLeaks mole

And now, for an update on an earlier story: Louisville athletic director Tom Jurich just released a statement admitting that offensive coordinator Lonnie Galloway accepted confidential information about Wake Forest’s game plan for their game vs. Louisville from Wake mole Tommy Elrod and shared it with the UofL defensive staff.

“Our offensive coordinator Lonnie Galloway and Tommy Elrod have known each other since 2007. Lonnie received a call from Elrod during the week of the Wake Forest game, and some information was shared with him that week. Among the communication were a few plays that were sent and then shared with our defensive staff. None of the special plays were run during the course of the game. Our defense regularly prepares for similar formations every week in their normal game plan.”

“Any other information that may have been discussed was nothing that our staff had not already seen while studying Wake Forest in their preparations for the game and the material was not given any further attention. I’m disappointed that this issue has brought undue attention to our football staff as we prepare for our upcoming bowl game.”

This morning, Bobby Petrino went on Mike & Mike and denied having Wake Forest’s game plan, telling the hosts, “I don’t know what they’re talking about.”

So, Petrino lied. Again.

And Louisville cheated. Again.

And they’re trying to pretend this is not a big deal. Again.

And they’re probably going to get away with it. Again.

Got it.

65 Comments for Tom Jurich admits UofL received confidential information from WakeyLeaks mole

1. KYcats11
    3:35 pm December 14, 2016 Permalink

So, Petrino lied. Again.

And Louisville cheated. Again.

And they’re trying to pretend this is not a big deal. Again.

And they’re probably going to get away with it. Again

2. KYcats11
    3:36 pm December 14, 2016 Permalink

I feel like I need to pay louisville got providing me this much entertainment. Keep it up.

3. oruacat2
    3:42 pm December 14, 2016 Permalink

I love how Jurich tries to minimize the story – “oh sure, our guy received the insider information, but Wake Forest never actually ran those few plays, so it’s cool”
    What a weasel.

Someone should ask this follow up question – “was Wake Forest forced into last-minute changes to their game plan once the leaked playbook was found?”

4. ukgrad83
    3:43 pm December 14, 2016 Permalink

Yes, they used it, but did they INTEND to use it? If they didn’t INTEND to use it, then they’ve done nothing wrong. Since it was dropped in their laps, they didn’t intentionally go looking for it, so it’s all good. /sarc

• ukjaybrat
      7:38 am December 15, 2016 Permalink

don’t be an idiot. the fact that they had it and didn’t tell anyone force wake fresto scrap all of their “special plays” the day before their game, which means in invalidated a week maybe more worth of preparation for that game, which in and of itself gave louisville an advantage. you can’t be serious.

• ukjaybrat
      7:39 am December 15, 2016 Permalink

wow, keyboard fell asleep on me:

force wake fresto
      forced wake forest to

• satcheluk
      11:45 am December 15, 2016 Permalink

jay-there is irony in your statement and you having missed that it was clearly noted as sarcasm.

5. Booby Petrino
    3:44 pm December 14, 2016 Permalink

Ever since Cal came to UK, UofL fans have screamed “cheater, cheater, cheater…”
    Since Cal came to UK, Louisville has bought players/recruits hookers and used stolen play information. But that’s none of my business tho.

6. UKBlue1982
    3:44 pm December 14, 2016 Permalink

As I began reading, I was shocked that Mafia Tom was admitting that UofLOL received & used nefariously gained insider information. But true to his denial colors, states that Wake Forest didn’t use those plays (even though the Wake coach said they did).

7. secrick
    3:44 pm December 14, 2016 Permalink

Wasn’t wake leading at half time and i’m sure old Prick said give me that play book.

• ClutchCargo
      4:06 pm December 14, 2016 Permalink

My thoughts exactly, as this story was coming out.

8. Cat68
    3:46 pm December 14, 2016 Permalink

Explains why TJ was so grumpy last week over the Dum! Center. It’s unbelievable the amount of issues they continue to deflect and justify. Bad news day for the ville! Guess TJ goes home tonight and designs another stadium…ho hum!

9. CPACAT
    3:48 pm December 14, 2016 Permalink

My advice to UoLoL…”When you sleep with the dogs, don’t be surprised when you wake up with fleas!”..or in UoLoL’s case “hookers” and “STDs”

• Bluebros
      4:49 pm December 14, 2016 Permalink

an underrated post.

10. Bluebloodtoo
    3:50 pm December 14, 2016 Permalink

But Pitino didn’t know anything about it so he’s ok…. oooops. I meant Petrino.

11. secrick
    3:56 pm December 14, 2016 Permalink

L-ville should be playing in the Gutter Bowl, that’s where the sports program is headed.

12. Tej
    3:57 pm December 14, 2016 Permalink

Do the responses of Jericho and Petrino really surprise anyone. Their reputations for truth are not great.

13. Jude
    4:01 pm December 14, 2016 Permalink

Goodness gracious they’re a pitiful bunch!!

14. CATSby90.5
    4:01 pm December 14, 2016 Permalink

Can we start a GoFundMe in order to send Christmas presents to Jurich and Petrino?

15. WildcatMarkC
    4:04 pm December 14, 2016 Permalink

Can you get lack of institutional control for every sport program in the school having countless scandals of every sort? It’s crazy over there haha

The real question is if Jurich admitted to this to get the media off the subject of the players getting shot because they clearly don’t want people talking about that. Starting players taking bullets can’t help with recruiting

• secrick
      4:07 pm December 14, 2016 Permalink

You know hadn’t thought about that, could that be something else that’s going to hit them.

• UK Big Bored Update
      6:18 pm December 14, 2016 Permalink

uavel can only dodge so many bulletts.

16. az1006
    4:08 pm December 14, 2016 Permalink

What I can’t comprehend is how UofL fans continuously defend their sports programs and their AD as one of the best in the business. It truly is amazing. It is abundantly clear that the UofL athletic department has dived head first into the “win at all cost” mentality. When does it reach the point where fans are unable to support the program? I would be embarrassed to be a UofL fan the way things have gone the last year.

17. jaws2
    4:08 pm December 14, 2016 Permalink

Correction, that’s where it’s at, and that’s where it’s been.

18. ClutchCargo
    4:13 pm December 14, 2016 Permalink

If the NCAA doesn’t have the balls to stick it to USmell (and they don’t), might the ACC step up and take care of this? I mean, how many times does a new conference member get to embarrass the whole group before somebody says “enough!” Oh wait, I forgot UNC pretty much got everybody else a free pass with their BS.

• kvltclassic
      5:46 pm December 14, 2016 Permalink

I work with NCAA rules, there’s no rule that says you can’t buy/find/use another team’s playbook. So the NCAA can’t really do much about that.

• ukjaybrat
      7:40 am December 15, 2016 Permalink

don’t be an idiot. there’s also nothing explicitly in the rulebook about hookers. but that’s not exactly legit either.
      just because it doesn’t spell it out explicitly doesn’t mean it’s not against the rules.

19. jgreenewpb
    4:20 pm December 14, 2016 Permalink

Dear University of Louisville student-athlete,

In order to play at this fine university you must understand that we are here to win at all costs, regardless of the perception that may be created in the process. Also, please note that at U of L, we spell the word ethics as follows: e-t-t-i-c-s. That way if anyone should question our intentions, we can say that we meant something else other than ethics. Ok?

Sincerely,
    Tom Jurich

20. Mathlete
    4:21 pm December 14, 2016 Permalink

I can’t believe I never noticed before…

“Louisville” the word and Louisville the football team have something in common: 3 Ls.

21. John
    4:21 pm December 14, 2016 Permalink

Tom Jurich To The Media: Oh Yeah, I have Man-Boobs, and I don’t Mind Showing them. They’re out there. I don’t mind wearing Mock Turtle Necks either. I market myself and my crooked athletics department to be noticed.

I have also put the fear of God in all of the Media Outlets in The Ville, I am Jurich, The AD GOD.

It’s time for Stoops and Cal to destroy this bunch.

22. blueballs80
    4:23 pm December 14, 2016 Permalink

Can’t Polish the turd that is Louisville !! They should be forced to vacate that game.

• ukjaybrat
      4:43 pm December 14, 2016 Permalink

Dream scenario. Louisville is forced to vacate the whole year and takes away lamar’s Heisman… Not gonna happen, but that’s what their fans deserve.

23. John
    4:23 pm December 14, 2016 Permalink

Jurich is a Jerk-Off.

24. Biglaw Dawgin'
    4:39 pm December 14, 2016 Permalink

The lying by Petrino is the worst part. I mean, if someone calls you with inside information, it’s human nature to want to at least listen to it. But don’t go on national radio and lie to America like a scumbag. Worse still, he premeditated that lie. He knew that Mike & Mike were going to ask him about Wake–it’s the only reason they had him on. Don’t get up there and lie about it. Moreover, if you’re going to be a scumbag and lie about it, at least make sure your AD isn’t going to totally reveal your lie mere hours later. Petrino is a clown.

I halfway respect Jurich for at least admitting it. Yeah, he tried to downplay it, but it’s better than spewing out premeditated lies on national radio.

• 206Bones
      4:34 am December 15, 2016 Permalink

Why wouldn’t he lie?
      He has lied since he landed the first stint and NOTHING has ever been done to curb him or the program.
      Why change now?

25. Chef1205
    4:48 pm December 14, 2016 Permalink

I KNEW IT!!!

26. snarkster
    4:53 pm December 14, 2016 Permalink

Ratbird Speech – “I’m disappointed that this issue has brought undue attention to our football staff as we prepare for our upcoming bowl game.”

English Translation – “It’s a real b!tch we got caught.”

27. GMAN615
    4:53 pm December 14, 2016 Permalink

“Among the communication were a few plays that were sent and then shared with our defensive staff.” Jurich sounds like a Lawyer because I read there was an entire playbook. But hew just references what was “among” many other things shared? Where is the media on this?

28. UK Big Bored Update
    4:57 pm December 14, 2016 Permalink

The mission statement at uavel: Win….at ALL costs!!!
    Lie, cheat, steal, deny, deflect, obfuscate, and in the process….simply win.
    Year round – Damage control: 24/7/365.
    Manipulate the media; spin stories.
    Weave the web of deceit so the fans perceive a winner.
    Do the work of a Fixer, Tom Juraricheater & co.
    Pulling the wool over ‘bettor’ eyes.
    The world sees uavel for what it isn’t – and what it is:
    An unruly, shaky, unstable house of cards on the verge of collapse.

29. whatwasthat
    5:02 pm December 14, 2016 Permalink

Isn’t this par for the course for little bro, they sure do provide a lot of entertainment as a earlier poster stated. I haven’t seen cats paws, scorpiocard and other such loserville trolls since the pose and the fumble, thought they would be here defending old road rash petrino. I think this even puts more tarnish on the heisman that was won by LJ, though he probably deserved it, just a bad year for candidates when they give it to someone with a 1- 3 record against teams with a winning record.
    GO CATS, beat beat the wreck.

• dshwildcats
      6:54 pm December 14, 2016 Permalink

Whatwasthat,

I don’t know about the other Louisville clowns, but ol’ scorpiocard is hiding out over on Card Chronicle these days! The guy’s a weasel! I think the only way we see him on here anytime soon is if Kentucky loses to Georgia Tech, and Louisville beats LSU on December 31st. And maybe not then!

Louisville fans are busy circling the wagons after Jurich’s statement earlier today! After all the trash they’ve talked about Cal since his arrival in 2009, it seems like karma is coming back to bite them big time! First, we have “hooker/strippergate” with their basketball program. Secondly, you have everything they did, said/and didn’t say, leading up to the football game. Jurich says back in the summer that expansion on their stadium would begin right after “the Kentucky win”. Their players refusing to say the word “Kentucky” in the week leading up to the game. Their band going over to play the UofL fight song as the Kentucky players are getting off the bus at PJCS. And finally, their QB “showboating” in the endzone, in a game they would eventually lose!

Their arrogant AD, basketball and football coaches, and fan base deserve everything that is coming to them! Enjoy, Card fans!!

• whatwasthat
      11:39 pm December 14, 2016 Permalink

Yep, and by the way, GO CATS beat those others big time cheaters the dirty heels.

• UK Big Bored Update
      10:31 am December 15, 2016 Permalink

Him and his bitch BTA

30. Ridge Runner
    5:05 pm December 14, 2016 Permalink

and yet again… They make it sooooo easy.
    😑

• Ridge Runner
      5:11 pm December 14, 2016 Permalink

There comes a time in every family when the little brother is so bad and evil… you have to dismiss the urge to call them lil bro & turn them out for professional help inside a criminal institution.

31. FarmerBlue
    5:26 pm December 14, 2016 Permalink

Follow the money! I’m sure they had to pay for this information. I can’t imagine this was free. So…where did the money come from to receive this information? Just asking the question.

• Bluehound
      8:19 pm December 14, 2016 Permalink

exactly….you can bet it wasn’t free, might’ve got a discount tho, since they were pals …lol

32. BluKudzu
    5:48 pm December 14, 2016 Permalink

The State Auditor’s report was just released. It falls short of initiating a criminal investigation of the school and the association, however, it has been made available for legal action against both entities.
    It just never stops.

33. UK Big Bored Update
    6:28 pm December 14, 2016 Permalink

Jeff Hullinger on channel 11 (local ATL NBC affiliate) just baked Petrino. They had a photo in background of Petrino in his neck brace and ARKANSAS jacket. Hullinger is an huge Falcons fan. He basically advised the viewer that Petrino lacked credibility; that his assistants knew of the WakeyLeak but Petrino still denied it. Hullinger ended the lambast by saying (paraphrased, kindly): If your son was recruited by this guy, would you let him play for Petrino? No, I think not. I was like: WOW!

34. BBNBRIAN
    6:36 pm December 14, 2016 Permalink

Good thing this news story didn’t break a week ago because it could have cost Lamar the Heisman. On the flip side, two U of L players may not have been shot if he hadn’t won… I graduated from U of L and i would like to know when can I sue the Administration for devaluing my degree? I mean, if students can sue a hookers shouldn’t I be able to sue the school?

35. kykats
    7:00 pm December 14, 2016 Permalink

Here’s hoping they do get punished. BIG TIME!! They have hoes slush funds misappropriation of fpotentially state tax payer dollars inappropriate board activities. On and on.

36. GoKayats40_0
    7:19 pm December 14, 2016 Permalink

Well dag on man… this dag on cArdinals man. I swear, by everything StoopaPari, man, if they dag on just don’t get in truble one dag on time man… I mean, all I can do is just watch U of L things man.. I just can’t stop ab-sesting all over them, ya know man?

• ukjaybrat
      8:13 pm December 14, 2016 Permalink

ha ha ha … look guys, a very bad attempt at pulling out all the stereotypes and trying to troll…. normally this would be hysterical to me, but today it’s just really sad. go back to card chronicle young man and just cry it out with the rest of the moron fans that want to pretend blatant cheating is “no big deal”

• dshwildcats
      8:15 pm December 14, 2016 Permalink

GoKayats40_0,

Crawl out of your cave, Louisville troll!! The whole country is talking about this scandal right now, not just Kentucky fans! Just in time for the Holidays–Louisville Athletics, the gift that keeps giving! Now, be a good little birdie fan, and head on over to Card Chronicle to whine with your ‘Ville brethren about how everyone is out to get you! Lol!!

• GoKayats40_0
      8:37 pm December 14, 2016 Permalink

Hey man, whatever floats your houseboat. I’m just trying to see these here cardanals get in truble for a change. It’s all I can think about man. I swear, I had a dream Petrino went to jail last night. I dednt want to wake up!

• UK Big Board Update
      2:11 am December 15, 2016 Permalink

Awwww, GoKayats40_0 is really mad.

37. The Professor
    7:45 pm December 14, 2016 Permalink

UL should have their own reality TV show. They have everything you want hookers, lying, cheating, sleazy affairs, deceit, marital strife, extortion and monetary payoffs. Jurich, Pitino and Petrino could be bigger than the Kardashians!

• dshwildcats
      8:20 pm December 14, 2016 Permalink

The Professor,

Great idea, brother! The Kardashians ain’t got nothing on “The ‘Ville”!! That athletic department is one big dumpster fire!!

• UK Big Board Update
      2:12 am December 15, 2016 Permalink

The entire nation is laughing at them.

38. dshwildcats
    8:24 pm December 14, 2016 Permalink

I know I don’t post on KSR as much as some of you, but I do recall seeing some people posting on here about how Kentucky should’ve hired Petrino instead of Stoops. Who were those posters; and, I wonder what they think now??

• whatwasthat
      11:47 pm December 14, 2016 Permalink

There were plenty, on rivals too. I had my doubts about coach Stoops after the first two games and thought a change may be needed, but that slimy snake should never have been considered as a coach at UK ( 1 – 3 record against teams with a winning record ) some wanted Briles. Just have to hope most of those posters were actually loserville trolls.
      GO CATS, beat the wreck and dirty heels.

• ukjaybrat
      7:42 am December 15, 2016 Permalink

to be fair… the big vocal one calling for petrino to be our coach was cats paw, and he is a louisville troll in [a not very good] disguise.

39. dshwildcats
    8:37 pm December 14, 2016 Permalink

Got to love how Jurich treats this whole scandal as a minor inconvenience that is taking focus away from Louisville’s bowl game! What a joke!!

40. UK Big Board Update
    3:44 am December 15, 2016 Permalink

STILL no cats paw!!! LOL.

• dshwildcats
      6:43 am December 15, 2016 Permalink

UK Big Board Update,

Or, scorpiocard!! It truly is going to be a “Merry Christmas”!!