The wild news cycle is going to give you a break this afternoon when Kentucky takes on Eastern Michigan. Here’s what you need to prepare you for Kentucky’s third home game of the 2017 season:
- 12:00 — The KSR Pregame Show Starts in the Bluegrass RV Lot
- 1:00 — Lextran Shuttle Begins
- 1:45 — The Cat Walk
- 2:00 — Countdown to Kickoff with Freddie Maggard and Christi Thomas
- ~2:15 — A Pregame Concert after the Cat Walk with Paul Childers
- 4:00 — Kickoff on the SEC Network
How to Watch/Listen
Dave Neal, Matt Stinchcomb and Dawn Davenport are on the call for the SEC Network. If you haven’t memorized where to find America’s favorite television channel…
- Cable: 516, 517
- AT&T UVerse: 607, 1607
- DirecTV: 611
- Dish: 408
If you’re stuck on the road and can’t watch, there are multiple ways to listen to Leach and Piecoro.
- AM: 840 WHAS, 630 WLAP
- FM: 98.1 WBUL
- Satellite: XM-191 and Sirius-138
- Online: iHeart Radio
Nate Northington’s 50th Anniversary
On this day 50 years ago, Kentucky’s Nate Northington became the first African-American to play in an SEC football game. Today the conference will honor Northington’s legacy in a variety of ways. During every televised game there will be a one-minute salute to Northington, College Gameday will air a special package to pay homage to his legacy and Mr. Northington will be introduced to the Kroger Field crowd.
Since the University of Kentucky unveiled the statues that commemorated the contributions of Kentucky’s four African-American pioneers, many have heard their difficult story. Filled with tragedy and triumph, it was unknown by many until recently. Their contributions cannot be overstated. Before you hear Northington’s story again, take another look:
– Kentucky Football (@UKFootball) September 29, 2017
Don’t Forget Those Clear Bags
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Forget your clear bags three times and you’ve got to reevaluate your priorities. I think the BBN understands the new clear bag policy, but I must do my due diligence one final time.
EMU’s Uniforms are Cold
Cold as ice, cooler than ice cold, these all-white uniforms trump all the poor pop culture references. At least adidas got one thing right this week.
A Big Basketball Official Visitor
Normally I like to “Stick to Football” on Saturday mornings, but there’s a pretty big recruit in town the BBN must know about.
Top 20 swingman Quentin Grimes is taking his official visit to Kentucky this weekend. Considered a point guard, the 6’4″ talent shoots like a two-guard. He could complement Quickley well in UK’s 2018 backcourt. Kansas leads in his recruitment, but the Cats are also in the mix with Texas and Marquette.
College Football Schedule
- Noon: Vanderbilt at No. 21 Florida on ESPN
- Noon: Northwestern at No. 10 Wisconsin on ABC
- Noon: Maryland at Minnesota on FS1
- 3:30: No. 7 Georgia at Tennessee on CBS
- 3:30: Florida State at Wake Forest on ABC
- 4:00: Iowa at Michigan State on Fox
- 6:00: No. 24 Miss. State at No. 13 Auburn on ESPN
- 7:00: Troy at No. 24 LSU on ESPNU
- 8:00: No. 2 Clemson at No. 12 Virginia Tech on ABC
- 9:00: Ole Miss at No. 1 Alabama on ESPN
High School Football Results
- Butler 19, Manual 13
- Trinity 28, St. X 0
- Southern 29, Atherton 22
- Danville 27, Tates Creek 24
- Bourbon County 27, Mason County 26
- East Jessamine 30, Mercer County 27
- Bath County 24, West Carter 22
- Hazard 38, Pikeville 26
- Fairview 32, Phelps 30
- Edmonton County 27, Adair County 25
We Gone Swang, We Gone Ball
Because today is my birthday. I’ll gladly pat myself on the back, but all I really want for my birthday is a blowout win. Is that too much to ask for?