Skip to content

Kentucky Sports Radio

University of Kentucky Basketball, Football, and Recruiting news brought to you in the most ridiculous manner possible.

Today on KSR: Blue Smith Decides, R.J. Barrett Deliberates

After a few days of collecting syllabuses (syllabi?), the “real” semester starts this week at UK, with students hitting the books hard enough to free up their weekends for football. And the football couldn’t come any sooner.

Countdown to Southern Miss

We’ve now officially entered prep week for Southern Miss this Saturday, and for those of you who’ve forgotten the unfortunate loss from last season, and I’m sure there aren’t many of you, here’s a bit of a recap:

The team can brush this weekend’s rematch off all they want as “just another game”, but I think most of us are out for a little revenge.

Blue Smith to Commit Today

Had Smith decided to commit two months ago, there is a better than average chance he would’ve wound up in Lexington. But Urban Meyer has seemingly more than closed the gap in the race for one of Ohio’s top 2018 stars. 247’s Crystal Ball gives OSU the nod with a 94% chance of landing Smith, with UK getting the remaining 6%.

“So you’re telling me there’s a chance?”

It’s a long shot, but I’ll take that over no shot.

Smith plays at 1:30 today on ESPN.

R.J. Barrett Plans His Visits

The newly minted 2018 star forward has laid out his schedule for visiting five top schools. Among them are Duke, Arizona, Oregon, and Michigan.

But it’s Kentucky that gets first crack at Barrett, as he’ll be visiting UK next weekend, September 1-3.

Barrett followed in the footsteps of Marvin Bagley III, who reclassified to 2017 and promptly committed to Duke less than two weeks ago. Hopefully Barrett decides to go another route.

Needless to say, I think he’s worth rolling out the blue carpet for:

Floyd Mayweather defeated Conor McGregor via 10th Round TKO

So now we can all stop hearing about it. From what I gather, if you bought the PPV, you saw a good fight. If you didn’t, congrats on saving $100.


Article written by Jay Winkler

Avid fan of UK Athletics, WWE, and chicken wings. Preferably at the same time.

1 Comment for Today on KSR: Blue Smith Decides, R.J. Barrett Deliberates

  1. Tony the Liger
    10:23 am August 27, 2017 Permalink

    Yes, it’s “syllabi.”