A message from our friends at DRAFT:
DRAFT is the only place where you can play in daily fantasy football snake drafts for real money!
The average draft takes under five minutes, so you’re in and out in no time. Just pick 5 players and cheer for them in real-time as you watch the winnings rack up.
For a limited time, our readers will receive a FREE $3 Entry with first deposit. But you have to use the promo code ‘KSR’. That’s right — play a real money game for free just by using the promo code ‘KSR’!
Just search DRAFT in your app store or go to playdraft.com/ksr. Come play free right now with promo code ‘KSR.
There’s a reason DRAFT is the highest rated fantasy football app on Android and iOS. Join now and claim your free entry!
– Kentucky Football (@UKFootball) October 5, 2017
- 3:30 — The KSR Pregame show begins at the Bluegrass RV Lot
- 4:30 — LexTran shuttle services start from downtown to campus.
- 5:15 — The Cat Walk
- 5:30 — Countdown to Kickoff with Freddie Maggard & Christi Thomas
- 5:35 — Magnolia Vale Concert at the Gate 12 plaza
- 7:30 — Kickoff on the SEC Network
Opening Weekend at Keeneland
You can pull off the first of two Keeneland/Kentucky football doubles today with a little help from LexTran. It’s only $1 each way, starts at 11:00 a.m. and ends at 8:00 p.m. You can find shuttle times, the pick-up and drop-off locations here.
How to Watch/Listen
Tom Hart, Jordan Rodgers and Olivia Harlan are on the call for the SEC Network. If you haven’t memorized where to find America’s favorite television channel…
- Cable: 516, 517
- AT&T UVerse: 607, 1607
- DirecTV: 611
- Dish: 408
If you’re stuck on the road and can’t watch, there are multiple ways to listen to Leach and Piecoro.
- AM: 840 WHAS, 630 WLAP
- FM: 98.1 WBUL
- Satellite: XM-191 and Sirius-138
- Online: iHeart Radio
It’s Homecoming Weekend
No, there’s not a dance, but one couple will wear a crown at halftime. Other than that, I don’t really know what homecoming means for a college football program. If you have any insight to share, I’d love to be enlightened.
Rain, Rain Stay Away
The forecast is clear throughout the day, but you will probably leave Kroger Field wet. Storms are supposed to move into the area between 8:00-10:00 p.m. and dump an inch of rain overnight.
Neither team has played a game in the rain this year. It’s extremely important for Kentucky to get an early lead. The rain will make it difficult for Mizzou to pass and the Cats can kill Mizzou’s momentum by running it out down the defense’s throat that surrenders 194.7 rushing yards per game (11th in the SEC, 102nd in the nation).
Mizzou’s First Road Trip
It is the first weekend of October and the Missouri Tigers are just now playing their first road game. A team that relies on an uptempo offense, the Kroger Field crowd could cause communication problems they have yet to face this season. If their offense can’t get rolling, the Cats could beat their Eastern Division opponent for the third consecutive year.
Unlike the last night game at Kroger Field, you don’t have an extra three and a half hours of pregame coverage on WLAP. Fend off boredom by catching up on KSR podcasts. There’s a new hilarious Funkhouser podcast, UofL talk with Matt and Dr. Ricky Jones and a trio of football podcasts.
- The Depth Chart
- The KSR Football Podcast
- Free Money
- The Funkhouser Situation: Episode 5
- The Matt Jones Podcast with Dr. Ricky Jones
Today’s College Football Schedule
- Noon: Penn State at Northwestern on ABC
- Noon: Georgia at Vanderbilt on ESPN
- Noon: Ole Miss at Auburn on SEC Network
- 3:30: No. 23 West Virginia at No. 8 TCU on FS1
- 3:30: No. 13 Miami at Florida State on ESPN
- 3:30: No. 21 Notre Dame at North Carolina on ABC
- 3:30 LSU at No. 21 Florida on CBS
- 3:30: Minnesota at Purdue on ESPN2
- 4:00: Arkansas at South Carolina on SEC Network
- 7:15: No. 1 Alabama at Texas A&M on ESPN
- 7:30: Michigan State at No.7 Michigan on ABC
- 8:00: No. 11 Washington State at Oregon on Fox
- 10:45: Cal at No. 6 Washington on ESPN
KHSAA Football Scores
To all my Twitter followers, sorry not sorry for bombarding your timeline with subpar CAL trash-talk. Probably not my smoothest move, but the Colts won, so I think it’s safe to say it worked.
- DeSales 21, CAL 3
- Danville 37, Somerset 26
- Henry County 40, Bardstown 31
- Male 37, Bryan Station 6
- Mason County 54, Harrison County 48 (2OT)
- Ballard Memorial 74, Crittenden County 70
- Ryle 34, Cooper 14
- St. X 56, Manual 34