Pro Football Focus named its Top 30 Offensive Linemen Returning To College Football In 2020, and three of them will be blocking for Terry Wilson and the UK backfield next year. That’s crazy.

Even crazier: Landon Young is not one of them.

PFF listed Darian Kinnard, Drake Jackson and Luke Fortner among the best O-linemen in the country next fall. The website cites its own database, which is used by all 32 NFL teams and 70 FBS programs, for the projections.

Here’s what was said about each Cat:

12. DARIAN KINNARD, KENTUCKY
Kinnard’s run-blocking at right tackle was on another level this year — his 89.1 run-blocking grade was the fifth best at his position. When the Wildcats ran inside zone, Kinnard was making plays left and right and raised his run-blocking grade to an FBS high 93.4. All-in-all, Kinnard finished the year with the fifth-highest WAA among right tackles and was the highest among sophomores/freshman.

18. DRAKE JACKSON, KENTUCKY
Jackson has been Kentucky’s starting center since Week 8 of his 2017 redshirt year and has produced a PFF pass-blocking grade above 76.0 in each of his three seasons. Like his teammate Luke Fortner, Jackson adjusted to the offensive change nicely, producing the ninth-best run-blocking among centers this year.

26. LUKE FORTNER, KENTUCKY
Fortner primarily has played at right guard for the Wildcats, but he could plug in anywhere, at any time, and still have success. Among all offensive guards, Fortner produced the 18th-best PFF grade. He’s allowed just eight pressures on his 377 career pass-blocking snaps and was an integral part of Kentucky’s switch to the run-heavy offense with Lynn Bowden midseason.

Again, that is THREE of the top THIRTY in the entire country, plus Landon Young and more.

You kidding me????

[PFF: Top 30 Offensive Linemen Returning To College Football In 2020]

Article written by Drew Franklin

12 Comments for Three of PFF’s 30 best offensive linemen are on the Big Blue Wall (and Landon Young isn’t one of them)

1. Wild Turkey 101
    2:14 pm January 22, 2020 Permalink

What time is kickoff!!!

2. antiquefurnitureandmidgets
    2:23 pm January 22, 2020 Permalink

That’s UK 3
    Rest of SEC 1

• ukkatzfan
      11:33 pm January 22, 2020 Permalink

And that is one from bama behind all 3 of ours. How much stock do we put into that SEC ratio.

3. Bluebloodtoo
    2:51 pm January 22, 2020 Permalink

Yeah, too bad those people running the AP and coaches polls don’t know about that. You’d think we would be ranked…

4. KentuckyRob
    3:11 pm January 22, 2020 Permalink

Kentucky will no doubt have the best offensive line next year in the SEC, and probably the best in the nation along with Notre Dame. Just wait folks . There is a beast in the east that will makes itself known soon. It’s hibernating right now, but when it wakes up it’s going to be hungry. God help those who stand in it’s way! CATS!!!!!!!

5. WKY Cat
    3:53 pm January 22, 2020 Permalink

I just don’t understand why a big time running back won’t commit and want to run behind the O line we’ve recruited. I love the backs we have but still surprised a big time 4 star hasn’t committed.

• KentuckyRob
      4:09 pm January 22, 2020 Permalink

Michael Drennen out of Ohio. He’s a 4 star who is down to UK and USC with UK as the leader.

• RAGE
      5:05 pm January 22, 2020 Permalink

I honestly don’t know with our offense and coaches why we don’t have a line of 5* RBs lined up waiting in line for an offer… Now QBs and def WRs is a completely different story… If I had a son that was a pocket passing QB or a WR i probably wouldn’t want my kid to even consider UK even if I lived in Lexington

• RAGE
      5:08 pm January 22, 2020 Permalink

And this isn’t a shot at our coaches or the university.. Before anyone says that I ain’t a true fan.. I love our cats… However coach Stoops doesn’t like to pass the ball and it is just his style.. Not saying there is anything wrong with it just the way he prefers to play the game…

• RAGE
      5:11 pm January 22, 2020 Permalink

As a matter of fact when me and my buddies use to play the old college football video games I used the same strategy and won many championships lol.. I know it ain’t the same thing but just wanted to plug the old college football video games.. Ole man those were good times.. I wish they would bring the games back lol

6. UoKFB PHAN
    1:58 pm January 23, 2020 Permalink

Okay, I’ll come out and ask the question; is PFF saying of all the college football offensive linemen returning next year in the FBS division only 4 of the top 30 play in the SEC? We all know the SEC has some weak teams but it also has top teams like Georgia, Florida, Auburn, Alabama and LSU. Yes, all those teams are losing o-line men early to the NFL draft (think Bama right guard and Lexington native Jedrick Wills, Jr.) and others to graduation but I have a hard time believing the SEC has only 4 of the top 30 o-linemen. If you didn’t look at the article, PFF also says the Big10 has 7 of the top 30 o-linemen and Notre Dame as a single team has 4.

Does anyone know much about PFF? I like the fact PFF looked at other conferences but what kind of metrics are they using to build their list?

DISCLAIMER: Before anyone starts throwing stones at me… NO, I am not a college football expert and I am not claiming to be one. Also, I really really like the positive press and the progress the Cats have been making over the last few years. I personally believe we currently have the right coaching staff in place to continue moving towards the top tier of the SEC east. GBB!