The Gameday Crew Continues to like Kentucky

IMG_1020

It wasn’t long ago that Kentucky wasn’t even worth College Gameday’s time.  Now, for the third week in a row more people are picking Kentucky than their opponent.

Desmond Howard likes the Cats by two touchdowns, citing the speed and athleticism the defense gains with the return of Ryan Flannigan.

Lee Corso once again stayed away from UK, but Kirk Herbstreit believes in Patrick Towles: “I think Patrick Towles last week just played horribly.  I think he bounces back this week after a better week of practice, gets his team ready to go.  I like Kentucky.”

This week’s celebrity picker, Triple Crown Trainer Bob Baffert, has had some success in Kentucky.  He thinks Kentucky will have similar success today.

“You heard of the Kentucky Derby?  I could never go back if I go against Kentucky.”

The SEC Nation crew agrees.  All four analysts pick the Cats to win at home.

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

21 Comments for The Gameday Crew Continues to like Kentucky

1. Matt Jones
    12:15 pm September 26, 2015 Permalink

Lee is wiser than us all. Having said that, I heard he sleep on an old mattress, while he could be sleeping on a brand new mattress from Sleep Outfitters

• Jeffrey
      5:02 pm September 26, 2015 Permalink

Lee is badluck and most of his picks lose.

2. Kyle
    1:02 pm September 26, 2015 Permalink

Only way the CATS win is for Patrick to be injured early so Barker can finally take over his rightful spot as UK qb.

• chris
      1:15 pm September 26, 2015 Permalink

If you’d prefer barker to start than say that he should start. It doesnt matter if you’re just here to troll, or whet ever you motive is. You just make yourself like like a total ass by saying someone should get hurt. Now go cheer for your 0-3 team and pray they dont lose again

• Batcat
      1:38 pm September 26, 2015 Permalink

Chris has reading problems, he don’t understand what he reads.

• theSkinny81
      1:40 pm September 26, 2015 Permalink

Time to take out the garbage, KSR…..

• chris
      2:44 pm September 26, 2015 Permalink

Explain how i have reading problems when he said the only way the “rightful” qb plays is because of an injury

3. Kyle
    1:18 pm September 26, 2015 Permalink

I never said I wish Pat would get hurt, I said the only way the CATS win is for him to get hurt because thats the only way Drew gets in.

• Troll Slayer
      1:39 pm September 26, 2015 Permalink

Troll is trolling under different names, again. This isn’t the first time he’s wished injury. Classless.

Kyle
      Jason
      Derek
      etc…..

4. BIGBLUESOUL
    1:22 pm September 26, 2015 Permalink

Its sad but true, I think the coaches still want to punish Drew for his off the field issues, which is B.S.. Barker is by far the better qb hell most qb are better that PAT. I am with you, I think the only way he gets in is with an injury to pat.

• CATandMONKEY
      2:25 pm September 26, 2015 Permalink

Based on what, exactly? If you base it on HS, which is all we currently know of Barker, Pat was the better QB in HS. Drew might be incredible but we don’t know how he will perform in the SEC (yet). If Pat screws up the first half then you folks will likely get your wish in the second, which would probably be the appropriate time to bring in Drew.

• KES
      2:29 pm September 26, 2015 Permalink

You are wrong as hell and have no idea what you are talking about. i watched them both since pee wee ball. Barker will be recruited over and NEVER play here. trust me….

• CATandMONKEY
      2:35 pm September 26, 2015 Permalink

Hope that reply was for Big Blue because I am the last person you will see on here hanging off of Barker’s jockstrap. I dont see him playing either except. Just throwing out a hypothetical to the rabid Barker parade.

• CATandMONKEY
      2:37 pm September 26, 2015 Permalink

…except in case of injury. Which I do NOT want to see. Would like to see the Pat that played FL and Miss State last year…except with victories in both.

5. chris
    1:38 pm September 26, 2015 Permalink

I think barker will be a very good qb when his time comes. But im sure the coachs will play the better qb. They do get paid more for more wins.

• I think you meant
      2:32 pm September 26, 2015 Permalink

I think you meant they get paid more PER win.

• chris
      2:41 pm September 26, 2015 Permalink

And i think you ment that they get paid the same amount no matter how many wins. They get a bonus for each win after a certain amount of wins see we said the same thing but different ways of saying it

6. Ha!
    4:36 pm September 26, 2015 Permalink

Imma sure hopin the big guys no what they be sayin….imma ‘fraid were in for a whuppin today. Just hope little bro loses to samford so that we dont look too bad bros. Imma so tired of bein owned n being the cuck boi.

7. Mark perkins
    5:59 pm September 26, 2015 Permalink

T

8. Bluethroughandthrough
    6:13 pm September 26, 2015 Permalink

Some should be ashamed re: comments on Barker

With Patrick Towles struggling mightily, going 2-9 in his last 11 starts, I’m in the camp to give Barker a shot. It reminds me of buying a Porsche 911 and then keeping it in the garage and not even testing the car out to see what it can do on the track. Why people are second guessing this guy is beyond me after he created a lot of excitement after committing to the Cats not that long ago.

With many calling for a change at the QB position, I find the comments made by Matt Jones and Jared Lorenzen appalling. They continue to focus on 2 minor instances that made news that any of us could have been involved with at the age of 18 as a freshman in college. They continue to say that PT is the best QB in practice and that Barker doesn’t practice well. That couldn’t be farther from the truth. Ask any player out there. I have.

I’m not sure why the coaching staff continues to go with Towles. He ranks dead last among all QB’s in the SEC. Dead Last! We should have easily won the worst FL team that we have faced in many years. Maybe it’s political since PT’s grandfather is a HOF baseball player and former Senator. Let’s not forget what Barker has done for the program even though he hasn’t set foot on the field in a live game. He attended camps all over the country while in high school and convinced many of the current receivers to de-commit and come to UK. They came to KY because they wanted to play with Barker. Garret, Bones, Baker – all are here because of Barker’s convincing. Barker had 37 D-1 offers and turned 36 of them down to play for his home state.

Lorenzen continues to treat this young man poorly by saying his last game was a loss against Franklin County in high school. That’s a lie. His last game was the Army All-American Bowl where Barker was 4-for-6 passing for 54 yards. He completed his first four pass attempts – three for 15-plus yards – and led the West to its first two touchdowns in San Antonio’s Alamodome. He did this against the best DB’s in the country.

At Trent Dilfer’s Elite 11 camp at Nike HQ’s in Oregon he finished at #7 QB in the country against the best DB’s in the country. During the early drills Barker ranked near the bottom of the 18 invited. Once the 7 on 7 game competition started his accuracy was top notch and he quickly rose up the rankings. This was against other top QB’s in the country who are playing such as Kyle Allen at Texas A&M, Sean White at Auburn, Jerrod Heard at Texas, and Will Grier at Florida. rivals.com ranked Barker the #5 QB pro-style QB in the country and then Ky sent him 115 hand written letters in one day. Have we forgotten this??

He finished with 60 passing TD’s for 5,800 yards and 50 rushing TD’s with 3,800 yards in high school. Granted this wasn’t the SEC, but the guy is a gamer and knows how to win. He could be starting at many schools right now and my biggest fear is that he transfers to another SEC school if he doesn’t at least get a shot when Towles is playing so terribly. It would be a damn shame and a big loss for the Cats. Just sayin’

• Bluebros
      12:24 am September 27, 2015 Permalink

^^^ You are dumb. Please never post again… Your points are thrown out the window… Towles was nearly perfect… Proving the coaches know a SHIT TON more than the fans.

Ps. I’m serious.. Please never post again.