The football team is already hard at work

Earlier this morning, we told you about UK’s plans for a new $45 million training facility for the football team.  The Board of Trustees will vote on the project, which will be privately funded, on Friday afternoon.  It’s huge news for the future of the program, which continues to look bright, just in time for next week’s Signing Day.

Meanwhile, the football team is already hard at work in spring training over at the Nutter Training Facility.  KyWildcatsTV posted this video of the first week of workouts, in which you can see some of the new guys getting their first taste of the Erik Korem high performance training program.

Now, drop and give me 20.

14 Comments for The football team is already hard at work

1. smid
    11:22 am January 28, 2014 Permalink

Word

2. Ronny
    11:35 am January 28, 2014 Permalink

They better be working, have you ever seen the University of Kentucky’s football team??

3. Seth
    12:01 pm January 28, 2014 Permalink

I hope they really focus on the strength of our linemen. Thats was a major weak spot for us this year. Twas men among boys at times when we played other SEC teams.

4. slappy
    12:19 pm January 28, 2014 Permalink

Didn’t they give us a bunch of videos last year of all the guys busting their asses in training? I’m not saying, I’m just saying…

5. MustangCat
    12:50 pm January 28, 2014 Permalink

Why are some of the guys wearing black bra’s outside of their T’s??? Looks a little weird. If theyare gonna wear a bra, wear it UNDER your shirts guys. Not sure what all that is about?! Doesn’t look good for Elam…..can’t believe he’d go to Bama, but then, yea i can. But we really need him. May not want him after we get him, but we need him. But, the fact that he’s doing the announcement in the school library all but says he’s going to Bama.

• Meds ran out
      12:59 pm January 28, 2014 Permalink

Are you ok? And should I refer to you as Dr Jekyll or mr Hyde?

• KYCatsAddict
      1:01 pm January 28, 2014 Permalink

Its obviously some sort of measurement device. Your comment makes no sense and seems a bit on the troll side. Maybe you are young, but that doesn’t change the fact you are clueless.

• Talent on the common wealth
      1:07 pm January 28, 2014 Permalink

How about keeping a guy who hasn’t committed to anywhere out of the spot light of current players busting their a$$es and working hard. Time and place for everything man! These guys don’t care what happens in the library of some high school.

6. JoeMoney333
    12:58 pm January 28, 2014 Permalink

And the KSR commentators never fail to disappoints! Congrats 1 through 5!

7. Bubba
    1:06 pm January 28, 2014 Permalink

JoJo Kemp is massive!

8. Bubba
    1:08 pm January 28, 2014 Permalink

love the M.a.a.D City by Kendrick Lamar….stuff gets me hype!

9. Diary man
    1:29 pm January 28, 2014 Permalink

I thought the new guys were still at mid court at Rupp during the basketball game. Maybe the golden 7 can play the entire season by themselves. Can you just black out the rest of the players so I can spot the new guys, since the old guys don’t count. Geez……….

10. WakeUpBBN
    2:20 pm January 28, 2014 Permalink

Black Bras?? You people are clueless. The vests are heart rate monitors and GPS trackers. These are one of the new training items that Korem brought to the table. It can tell if you ‘re not giving your max effort. Welcome to the new age.

11. MustangCat
    4:22 pm January 28, 2014 Permalink

You guys need to get out the brown paper bags! Breathe slowly……into the bag. You should be calming down now. Any minute. I guess most of you on here can only handle spell it out humor!? I thought that was pretty good!? And you guys took that seriously?! Ok…..I like jokes that make me think some. Obviously, many of you don’t. Sorry about your life. And, I was just agreeing with most of the comments i read on here yesterday about the library deal?! It’s a wonder some of you woke up this morning. I hope the kid picks up that blue hat, cause one of my best friends is born and bred Bama. Winning a recruiting battle with them over a top recruit is almost as good as beating UL. It just don’t look good right now on that front. Shoot! I went and did it again! Bet 3 heart monitors flat-lined right then. If they didn’t make them look like male sports bras, that might not happen. lol. No, i see no sense in TELLING some of you that that was a joke…And, stop using the troll lines every time some of us UK fans don’t process thought like you do. You just can’t use the same material 1,000 times and it not start to sound a little dated. Just saying.