The first depth chart of the season is out

Read it and weep for joy that football is back.

Quick notes:

• Four true freshmen are starting: CB Chris Westry, RT George Asafo-Adjei, RB Sihiem King on special teams, and TE CJ Conrad. Redshirt freshman Denzil Ware is also getting his first start at defensive end/linebacker.
  • Eight true freshmen are listed in the two-deep, 12 redshirt freshmen
  • No Kyle Meadows, Alex Montgomery, or CJ Johnson. Transfer Courtney Love is also not listed (UK is still appealing his hardship waiver)

More coming from Stoops at noon…

12 Comments for The first depth chart of the season is out

1. Larry Cox
    11:13 am August 31, 2015 Permalink

Kyle Meadows is noticeably absent from the whole depth chart. He went from projected RG starter to unlisted on the depth chart. Is he still hurt or did he really fall all the way back to a reserve role?

2. wildcat502
    11:15 am August 31, 2015 Permalink

If I counted correctly, thats 21 RS or true freshmen on the 2 deep. Thats still not a good sign. I hope our coaches can develop the kids quickly. It takes about 3 years in a college weight room for full physical development, so we`ll see a few assignment mistakes this season and a few plays where we are physically out manned. I still think we`ll see 7 wins this season, but I have always looked at 2016 as our true breakout season.
    Lets take this season 1 game at a time and see how it plays out.

3. Kyblue34
    11:28 am August 31, 2015 Permalink

Looks good, but Montgomery is the surprise for me. Thought he would at least be third string WR if not second. Guess the injury is still bothering him?

4. Bob Kisler
    11:34 am August 31, 2015 Permalink

Why is Courtney Love still out? I thought he sat out last year after transferring.

5. Justin
    11:35 am August 31, 2015 Permalink

I am surprised to see J.D.Harmon returning kicks. He’s done well in the past, but we have some other explosive guys.

6. Andy
    12:06 pm August 31, 2015 Permalink

I know Kyle had migraine issues so that’s why he may not be listed and Alex maybe still recovering but no CJ? That’s weird.

• BigBlueBoom
      12:29 pm August 31, 2015 Permalink

Guess we know now…violation of team rules. Numbskulls.

• jcatron
      12:36 pm August 31, 2015 Permalink

^probably was too busy poopin and missed a team meeting.

7. JR
    12:38 pm August 31, 2015 Permalink

Elam still a 2nd string? With all the hoopla of keeping him from going to Bama he would be in the middle already

• NL
      12:50 pm August 31, 2015 Permalink

Stoops said he’d be a significant contributor. He’s playing behind a guy that will be drafted next year.

8. Jeff C