The defense won practice today

@RoushKSR

@RoushKSR

@RoushKSR

This morning, Mark Stoops opened practice to fans and the media, and Nick Roush was on the scene. He’ll have a full recap after the basketball game, but it sounds like the story of the day was the defense. The defense, specifically the secondary, “won” the practice, with cornerback JD Harmon picking off the QBs at least twice. And no, still no news about the QB race.

Nick will have a full recap later this afternoon.

10 Comments for The defense won practice today

1. Andy
    1:00 pm August 11, 2014 Permalink

Tyler,

Do you happen to know which QB’s got picked off? Thanks

• ikle757
      3:52 pm August 11, 2014 Permalink

Barker had one picked off i know.

2. Capt. Obvious
    2:52 pm August 11, 2014 Permalink

Considering our offense sucks and Stoops is making it worse by not picking a QB, it’s no big surprise the defense won. At least 12 out of the 14 SEC defenses would have won.

• Andy
      3:21 pm August 11, 2014 Permalink

Or maybe the defense made a really good solid plays? Why do you trolls come on here to bash without knowing the practice details. FYI neither LSU, AL, TN have decided on their starting QB’s as well so take it down a notch.

• CatsBalls
      3:39 pm August 11, 2014 Permalink

Andy, UK is not a program that resembles LSU or Alabama in any way. Your comparison is flawed, if one QB got all the first team reps, they would obviously gel and find a rytthm sooner than later. And as far as defense go, UK could improve drastically and still be a step or two from the bottom rung of the SEC.

• Andy
      5:31 pm August 11, 2014 Permalink

@ Cats Balls – You are correct in that UK is still not on the level of AL, LSU and so on but that does not change the fact that they are also going through a QB dilemma, which is my main point!!

• CatsBalls
      5:42 pm August 11, 2014 Permalink

Andy, I could play QB for LSU and they’d win half their games. UK just doesn’t have the talent to surround the ball yet.

3. Waddy Body
    3:38 pm August 11, 2014 Permalink

I was there. Defense looked great! Flying all over the field! Can’t wait for opening game.

• clancyhat
      6:09 pm August 11, 2014 Permalink

What did you think of the offense ?

4. Greg
    3:51 pm August 11, 2014 Permalink

I think I’ll put my trust in a man who has actually coached on a top team. Not some yahoo on the internet.