The Best Practice of the Stoops Era

stoops-600x450

Saturday might end up being a day that we all look back upon as a major moment in the history of the Mark Stoops era at Kentucky. In the midst of year three, a pivotal season for the future of the program, Saturday saw the worst and the best of UK Football practices and a roller coaster with potential far-reaching ramifications. Saturday started with what was supposed to be the final scrimmage before the beginning of the regular season and chance for the players to get kicked into gear before real play began. Much like the third preseason game in the NFL, the scrimmage 2 weeks before the season is the final time for the starters to showcase that they are ready for what is upcoming and to bring their “A” games. Needless to say, Kentucky didn’t. What followed was a practice that one onlooker told me was “the worst of the last two seasons.” Kentucky was out of sorts, made errors left and right and most significantly to Mark Stoops, showcased far too little effort for a team that was about to hit the big time. As one source told me, “it was the kind of performance that would get you massacred in the SEC.”

Stoops complained loudly about it at the press conference afterwards and most assumed he was trying to send a message to his players. And in fact, that was likely the goal. But then Stoops went back to his office, watched the tape of the proceedings and decided a media message wasn’t enough…they would have to hit the practice field again. And thus even though Saturday night was a scheduled night off for players and staff, Stoops called them all back. A second practice was to be held in the middle of the night, with fixing the lack of energy in the first the primary goal. Because of an event for incoming students at Commonwealth Stadium, Kentucky had to practice at their facility in near darkness. They went to the grass fields that were only lit by secondary lights far away and in a scene that one source told me was “just this side of total darkness”, UK practiced again…and things turned around.

Obviously I wasn’t in attendance, but virtually everyone who was that I spoke with said the same thing…the practice Saturday night was a special event for the UK Football team. Whether it was the energy, the embarrassment of the earlier poor play or the night atmosphere, players, coaches and staff all praised what followed as an example of football at its best. Multiple coaches said it was the most special practice of their coaching lives and players hit social media to talk at length about what occurred. One source told me, “Matt, if we could have played that next day, I would have taken us against anybody.” The excitement was universal and there is a real belief among those around the program that it could be the turning point the team needs going into the last two weeks of practice. This has been a good summer camp for UK Football and the coaches have been generally pleased about the progression. But everyone also believed that UK needed to get over that one final hump to be ready for the season…whether that was going to happen was up in the air, especially after Saturday’s scrimmage.

However now the vibe is different. Now there is a sense of belief all around the team, including those that are often less spirited that this team can take a positive step. It will be important to carry on over the last two weeks but optimism is higher right now within the UK team than at any point of the Stoops era. Can that all be the case of one amazing practice? Maybe not, but it was clearly a huge moment and one that we may look back on as being a crucial step towards an important season.

Article written by Matt Jones

49 Comments for The Best Practice of the Stoops Era

1. HaganHall
    11:39 pm August 23, 2015 Permalink

Pass the blue Kool-aide around Matt. Now everyone drink . . . Maybe they can play games in the almost total darkness too, ya think??. . . smh . . Bowl or Bust Stoops. Period.

• Oooooooooh...
      11:49 pm August 23, 2015 Permalink

you told him! Someone alert Stoops to this guy throwing down the gauntlet. I bet Coach just called back to back, middle of the night practices out of fear of angering you. Do you even have season tickets?

• Andy
      12:00 am August 24, 2015 Permalink

Stick your comments up your own ass. I may get banned but it would be worth it for useless trolls like yourself.

• DylanG
      12:19 am August 24, 2015 Permalink

You’re the one fan that doesn’t go to games but feels the need to bitch about everything. SHUT THE F*CK UP!

12:44 am August 24, 2015 Permalink

HaganHall: Sir I am in support of you’re opinion. Just because you’re like me and tired of losing year in and year out, does NOT make you less of a fan. I think you have every right to press for change in the football program and by having the Bowl or Bust stance is a step towards change. I got called an idiot within the last couple of weeks because I offered a similar opinion about we’ll see if they’re ready and telling coach not to tank because the second half of the year was loaded and questioned his “genius” or lack there of because I feel if he and his staff were great, 6-6 was more than plausible last year and an upset could have occurred. Yes S.C. was down last season, but still an upset in my book when you’re 1- and life vs Spurrier previously. It’s refreshing to see someone tell the truth and not be on Coach Stoopy’s nuts. Be critical if you see faults. We all were with the basketball team at the end of Tubby’s tenure. In short, I think this was a fair comment until the football team proves something.

• Curious
      1:06 am August 24, 2015 Permalink

What faults do you see so far, CSS? And how do you suggest they are remedied?

1:53 am August 24, 2015 Permalink

While I see improvement in recruiting, the effort last year, especially in the second half of the season during games was severely lacking. I don’t know if you can teach heart or not giving up when things snowball out of control. Patrick Towles had severe accuracy problems during this portion of the year. I can’t speak on what the results will be, but I believe it is ok to take a let’s wait and see what happens approach and that’s pretty much what I’m calling for here before everyone gets excited and then their excitement gets stabbed in the face with a dagger. Every year we hear rhetoric of the team looking good in the spring, only to be fooled and destroyed in real games. I seriously think that UL game last year was winnable with them losing Bridgewater and other offensive talent before the year started, and I think they let getting screwed at Florida get the better of them as well. Mental toughness and heart are what I see was wrong last year.

• Curious
      1:59 am August 24, 2015 Permalink

I agree with everything you pointed out. But you still think its bowl or bust? You are agreeing with a troll UofL fan, BTW.

“everyone gets excited and then their excitement gets stabbed in the face with a dagger”

Maybe you take this stuff too seriously…?

Just my opinion.

3:35 am August 24, 2015 Permalink

@ Curious: The Troll UL fan though has a point about its Bowl or Bust. In football year 3 is usually the year to get a bowl game. Yeah they’re the enemy but sometimes the enemy can make a good point. At least you seem to understand what I’m trying to say (and read what I’m saying unlike DylanG) in the bigger picture and for that, Thank You.

While I may take this too seriously, at the same time, I still maintain I’m just tired of losing year in and year out in football. I guess I’m just the minority in that category.

• PW in KY
      11:40 am August 24, 2015 Permalink

You know who didn’t make a bowl in year 3? Rich Brooks. Our best coach in years. Stoops is obviously on the right track; all this bowl or bust talk by a few immature and shortsighted fans is useless blather. If we don’t make a bowl this year then sure, it should be bowl or bust in year 4.

We’re not a national football power and to have that expectation in year 3 says a lot about you individually.

12:31 pm August 24, 2015 Permalink

PW in KY: Coach Brooks also had to deal with probation thanks to the dbag before him so fact check #1 there. #2 Coach Brooks plateaued after the 3rd bowl game and then gave the keys to Joker, who was a crock at OC. How you take the ball out of Randal Cobb’s hands vs UT at Commonwealth that year UT barely won at the end is beyond me and in my personal opinion should have been a sign of things to come! I think anyone who’s tired of losing should have a 3 year plan and if you barely miss for some reason, you take a look at how close you were in games you lost and if it’s only by say 4 like the UL game last year, but over the course of every loss on the books, then you can say ok let’s try for year 4. Stoops and co got blown out in at least 3 of those 7 losses. You could make an argument they got screwed in Florida, but, the record book is what it is.

So I would say that Year 3 is where your benchmark should be but if it takes year 4 then so be it based on the above conditions, so you may have a point there. And forgive me for wanting results after a life time of this program losing, the majority of the time, I didn’t know that wanting to reach for better was a bad thing.

12:44 pm August 24, 2015 Permalink

What I’m trying to say is, let’s be Alabama in football. No excuses to why we can’t. It’s Stoops third year; I expect results.

2. Takashita Fakayama
    11:40 pm August 23, 2015 Permalink

Bigger, stronger, faster, quicker, deeper

3. WeareBBN
    11:52 pm August 23, 2015 Permalink

I see at least one idiot is still awake. While I do believe we make a bowl this year it is not an “or bust” season. 1. It takes time to build anything from the ground up as this staff had to do, and their first year they got started late due to the timing of the hire. 2. Throw in we are in the toughest conference means it takes that much longer. While we were getting top 30 recruiting classes it was usually like 9th or so in the conference. If we were in Big 10, ACC and for sure American or Big East we could get better quicker based solely on our record as I think the bottom feeders in those leagues are much worse. 3. Schedule does not give many breaks when you are in the SEC, even with a down SEC East it is still better than alot of other conferences and no matter who you draw from the West it will be tough.
    Bottom line is talented kids are coming here, kids that 5 years ago did not know UK played football. Our top players/producers are generally young, Soph and Freshman with a few Juniors. Stoops and staff should be given at minimum 5 years. My suggestion to Hagen is go elsewhere, BBN does not need you. I have a place in mind you could go but KSR will ban me for saying it.

4. Hartline
    12:06 am August 24, 2015 Permalink

Matt’s final night post

5. GroundControlToNumber9
    12:08 am August 24, 2015 Permalink

They talking about practice, man. Practice. They talking about… practice.

Let’s win an SEC game.

• DylanG
      12:17 am August 24, 2015 Permalink

Go F*ck Yourself…. UL fan…. Do you even keep up with your team or is it so boring that you have been on KSR for 24 hours of the day.

6. Craig Sager's Suits
    12:58 am August 24, 2015 Permalink

Hey DylanG, stop being all butthurt because someone tells the truth. #9 has every right to say let”s win an SEC game when our record has been piss poor over the last several seasons. He’s probably tired of the team losing year in and year out and quite frankly you should be too. Yeah the SEC is a tough conference and all but, if Stoopy is so great, it would be nice to see an upset or 2 happen and I’m not talking about winning over Vandy. Until the football team proves something, I got no issue with people being cautious and/or critical.

• Curious
      2:04 am August 24, 2015 Permalink

You must have missed that South Carolina game at CWS last year. I was there – it was a nice upset.

Oh, and it was an SEC win. 😉

• Correct me if I'm wrong....
      2:19 am August 24, 2015 Permalink

…but I would think going from 2-10 to 5-7 would typically be considered an improvement? We had two defeats that were snatched from the jaws of victory, which would have put us at 7-5.

That was against the 5th or 6th toughest schedule in the country. What were you expecting in YEAR TWO? The SEC East?

Oh, and I’m just gonna throw this out there as well: you wouldn’t call him ‘Stoopy’ to his face.

• DylanG
      2:52 am August 24, 2015 Permalink

LOL, this is how invested these UL fans are. They get on KSR and write paragraphs to makes us look bad. GET A LIFE… YOU PATHETIC POOR BASTARDS

3:30 am August 24, 2015 Permalink

Oh I totally would call him Coach Stoopy to his face. I’ve had live ammunition from assault weapons fly over my head, that guy doesn’t scare me. 5-7 was an improvement, but, at the same time if this staff was as good as everyone hypes ’em up to be, I think he could have pulled an upset in the second half of the season last year. I question his defensive acumen when they let UL score 44 on them after they lost Bridgewater and others from the year prior and then Tennesse score 50 on them after they had struggles. Mizzou was down and that game was a disaster. They had no chance against LSU, Georgia, and Miss State.

DylanG – I’m not a UL fan at all, I’m just a UK fan whose tired of losing every year in football.

• Catman4Life
      7:23 am August 24, 2015 Permalink

If faced with Coach Stoops, Craig would probably piss his pants. The only “live ammunition” he’s ever seen was at a paintball tournament in Fairdale. The little birdies are scared because they realize we finally have the coach who will get us to respectability, then greatness. They can say “I’m not a Loserville fan” a million times, but it doesn’t change a thing. A skunk can say it’s not a skunk a million times, but all you have to do is smell it to know what it is. Coach Stoops took us from bottom of the barrel and won 2 games when I expected 0 wins. Then, he won 5 games and had us in 2 others. I fully expect a 7-8 win season this year. You know how I know things are getting better? When all the trolls from other teams are on our FOOTBALL posts commenting. Go Big Blue!!

8:44 am August 24, 2015 Permalink

Hey Catman, would you like to see my DD-214 sir? And second I don’t live in Fairdale, so how dare you on that statement alone because everyone knows anything west of Exit 10 on the Gene Snyder is mostly crap with Fairdale and Shively leading the way. If you read my statements above, I am a UK fan. Why am I being bashed because I am tired of the football team losing all of the time? Rich Brooks lost more than he won, Joker just plain lost, and so far Stoops is sub 500 too. Yes he was left with crap but facts are facts. Every single one of us should be tired of losing all the time. Coach Stoops was given props in a comment above about the recruiting has gotten better or did you not read above? And if faced with him I would probably ask him why was UL allowed to score 44 and Tennessee 50 if his defensive acumen was so great? I think those 2 games alone should have been winnable (UL and throw in Mizzou while we’re on winnable) or at least competed better (UT) but it didn’t happen. Coach got this year to prove me wrong and I will come back and recant some of these questions and until then game on. And Catman I’m going to hold you to that 7-8 game ceiling and we’re talking regular season here too pal. I’ll make that bet. If UK football wins 7-8 reg season games, I’ll recant my remarks, if they don’t then you have to say I’m right. Just look for it in a football thread. -CSS OUT-

• Catman4Life
      8:56 am August 24, 2015 Permalink

I’ll be glad to compare DD-214’s with you, assuming you actually have one. You also apparently have a problem with intentional sarcasm and implied insults. I am well aware that Fairdale sucks.Hence the reason I used it as an example. You also appear to not understand what it takes to build a program. When left with MAC or worse talent, you don’t recruit one class and have a powerhouse. This isn’t basketball. In year 3 of what is basically a total rebuild, we should not expect more than 6 wins. I think that Stoops was actually ahead of schedule last year with 5 wins. Especially considering that he had us in most games. Again, your reading comprehension is lacking, in that you can call yourself a UK fan all day, but you are obviously a troll from the Loserville ilk. Coach Brooks had us on the right track, but handed the keys to the program to the wrong man in Joker. Had Brooks stayed and the right hire made after his retirement, I think that we would be a perennial bowl team and occasional SEC contender. Defensive acumen definitely exists, but when your players are not as good as the ones you are playing against, you can have the best gameplan in the world, but to no avail. I am here daily, so I will look for your recanting after we win 8 games.

9:24 am August 24, 2015 Permalink

Catman: just to understand the bet is 8 games, regular season. Bowl game win, if they win making 8 does NOT count because that is a bonus game and let’s be honest in pro football, playoff games aren’t added to the record tally officially. They win 8 you sir get an apology. If they get less, then I get one.

The point I was trying to make on the UL game last year was the fact he had an extra week to prep and they still hung 44. I’m sorry I disagree with everyone but I don’t think if you have an extra week to prep and they’re coming off a game the previous week, you shouldn’t allow 44 points even though i know they lost by 4 still was winnable.

And I do have a DD-214 with honorable conditions marked. Thank you for your service as well if you indeed have one.

• WhyAmINotSurprised
      11:32 am August 24, 2015 Permalink

you’re the type of veteran who had to wedge it into the conversation?

• PW in KY
      11:45 am August 24, 2015 Permalink

As if the football team needs to prove something to a doofus like you. Fortunately you’re in the minority here.

12:23 pm August 24, 2015 Permalink

WhyAmInotSuprised: Yeah I’m going to wedge it in when someone makes the charge, joking or not, that the only live ammo I’ve had fly over my head were paint balls in Fairdale. I only made the comment about ammo flying over my head to show that if Coach Stoops and I met in person I’ve had worse things in life happen, therefore I’m not scared of him. You should read the whole conversation.

As for PW in KY: The football team has something to prove to everybody. Every year someone in the local media says the team looks good in spring or any other types of training camp and practices and the team generally falls short every year. But if you’re into losing and want to keep tolerating it, then that’s on you. I’ve been watching this college football team since I can remember and we’ve lost more than we won and it’s just getting old. I think going to a football game should be more than just going for the drinking and tailgating, you should go for the product on the field and if it sucks one should be vocal.

• Wow
      12:32 pm August 24, 2015 Permalink

“Yes he was left with crap but facts are facts.”

“just to understand the bet is 8 games, regular season. Bowl game win, if they win making 8 does NOT count because that is a bonus game and let’s be honest in pro football, playoff games aren’t added to the record tally officially.”

“They win 8 you sir get an apology. If they get less, then I get one.”

This guy is a piece of….. work.

12:40 pm August 24, 2015 Permalink

WOW: I’m not the one who said they would win 8, he made the benchmark 8, I accepted the bet and laid out the rules to the bet for both parties understanding. Thank you for your insight though.

• J-Dub421
      12:47 pm August 24, 2015 Permalink

Craig, no one on here is tolerating losing. We just realize that you can’t possibly build a football program from the ground up in 2 seasons. Stoops more than doubled his win total from year one to year two. That is progress. When we first hired Stoops, he had six weeks to recruit, and managed to pull in the best recruiting class we’ve ever had. In six weeks. Think about that. We play in easily the toughest conference, so the build is even more arduous. We play in the SEC, not the AAC. We all want to win, but be reasonable.

• Wow
      12:52 pm August 24, 2015 Permalink

Craig Sager’s Suits: Care to expand on the “Yes he was left with crap but facts are facts” comment you made?

J-Dub421 nailed it.

1:56 pm August 24, 2015 Permalink

Love how a person before stole my name and put words in my mouth about Alabama. I never said we were them. Thank you.

J-Dub did nail it and didn’t result in personal attacks in his statements. Thank you for your comment and finally being one to come out and reasonably say they’re not tolerating losing. Stoops has made strides in recruiting, which was commented way above where I said I see improvements there. I have been arguing all morning let’s take a wait and see approach this year before hopping on the we’re gonna kick ass spree like most wanna do based on previous springs is all. I want them to prove me wrong so I owe Catman and everyone for that matter an apology. Again he made the 8 game benchmark, I accepted the bet.

WOW: What’s there to not understand on that comment? I admitted year 1 Stoops was left crap by Joker and lost because of that but year 2 I don’t understand how you can go 5-1 and then lose 6 in a row. I think it is fair to ask a question if he is as good as they say how come we couldn’t have pulled an upset on the back end of the schedule last year? I think its a fair question and have been attacked for it all morning. Lost to Mizzou by 10, which isn’t that bad at their house, but the one that gets me is the UL one where they give up 44 WITH a BYE WEEK and UL played during said bye week. Those are 2 games that I feel were within range of winnable.

• Wow
      2:21 pm August 24, 2015 Permalink

The last six games were:

AT LSU, where NOBODY wins. (62-9 under Les Miles)

Mississippi State, which was ranked first in the nation at the time. We were pretty competitve in this one.

At Mizzou in an ugly game from both sides.

Georgia, who trounced Bobby “TheOffensiveWizard” Petrino and his Cards 37-14 in their bowl game.

At Tennessee. Jones has gotten great talent since he’s been there, and its a tough place to play, but that one got out of hand.

AT Louisville, who had 12 players drafted to the NFL. We had it won and then we gave that game back to them.

Other than the UofL game, which ones did you expect us to win?

• Wow
      2:36 pm August 24, 2015 Permalink

IT WAS F#$%ING YEAR TWO!!!!!

7. Adam
    2:38 am August 24, 2015 Permalink

Head coaches just scream that a team is having a bad practice as an excuse to scream and motivate the team to grind even harder. It’s good that the Cats had a great practice. It must’ve been fun to have a late night practice that like that. Good to switch things up. Summer practice can be monotonous but champions are made behind the scenes. Attack Every Day

8. Aja
    7:14 am August 24, 2015 Permalink

Charlie Bradshaw also had a very special practice..

9. Yoda
    8:47 am August 24, 2015 Permalink

I don’t see a reason to get excited about a practice (We talkin’ bout PRACTICE!) that occurs 2 weeks before they suit up. I’m not suggesting they can’t be successful on the field, but I find hyped up “news” of a late night practice to be fluff and nothing more.

I’m as happy as the next guy that Stoops has raised our talent level, but our depth still isn’t enough to compete each and every week with the likes of the SEC big boys. I’m happy to eat crow and hope they prove me wrong, but I think this team maxes out at 6 wins IF everything goes right…

• Watson
      12:36 pm August 24, 2015 Permalink

No shit, Sherlock. Only over-optimistic fans are predicting 7-8 wins (and sure, it could happen, but c’mon).

Most websites and analysts have us at 5-6 wins. It takes time to get the depth and talent to compete with the big boys. ITS THE BEGINNING OF YEAR THREE!!!!!!

• Watson
      12:38 pm August 24, 2015 Permalink

Let me repeat: the third season has not even started yet.

And if KSR didn’t post this “late-night fluff”, everyone bitches that there isn’t enough football news.

10. sly cat
    8:50 am August 24, 2015 Permalink

I feel this team will be fine offensively, but on special teams and defense this team better do two things
    well,
    #
    1.tackling- tackle like your angry, don’t wait for the juke move, close-in fast.
    #
    2.defensive backs- keep your man within arm distance at all times, tug on the jersey when you can
    and play extremely physical. the good ones do this because their smart and know when and when not
    to be too aggressive. go cats!

11. ThaTruth
    9:12 am August 24, 2015 Permalink

Everybody chillllll:

2013: 2-10
    2014: 5-7 (two plays away from 7-5 – dropped INT v. UL and OT play clock v. UF.)
    2015: Best recruiting year in UK football history for the 3rd year in a row + a GENEROUS home schedule.

The Cats have a mature, experienced quarterback leading a DEEP pool of talented WRs and RBs. The defense is a big question mark, but traditionally UK can never keep up in high-scoring affairs. That won’t be the case this season. Last season UK played Miss St. and Tennessee coming off byes, and UGA and LSU coming off embarrassing losses with half the experience that we have this year. The schedule is set up in the Cats favor, and they will undoubtedly be taking advantage of that this year. Cats will go to a bowl. The only question is: “where am I going for new years?”

12:36 pm August 24, 2015 Permalink

You sir make a good point. Everyone should chill and respect each other opinions instead of resulting to personal attacks. All I’ve been trying to say let’s wait and see what happens before asking where are we going for new years. Too many springs have past where people say the team looks good then they fail so what’s wrong with caution? And what’s wrong with wanting to reach for better?

• theWilkman
      4:00 pm August 24, 2015 Permalink

No, CSS, you haven’t been saying “wait and see.” You’ve been saying “bowl or bust.” Two very different things.

• UK Big Board Update
      5:20 pm August 24, 2015 Permalink

CSS has been either miserable or a troll for a long time. Some of his work includes:

Craig Sager’s Suits August 13, 2015 at 11:58 pm | Permalink
      We’ll see if you’re ready Coach Stoopy. Just don’t start 5-1 and tank the rest of the year like you did last year because let’s be honest even though the back end was loaded, you still could have and should have pulled an upset, if you’re such a “defensive genius” and your OC at the time was this “offensive genius” good sir. I’m just being honest so if any fan wants to throw fire my way, I probably won’t see nor respond to it, but, rest assured, I’m right.
      ——————————-

RE: MKG in the NBA Playoffs

Craig Sager’s Suits April 20, 2014 at 7:12 pm | Permalink
      I kind of hope he gets bounced out of the first round. This kid is a liar and I quote “I’m going to stay and get my education… what are you all laughing at” — after the Vandy game of that year I believe… If you say you’re going to stay, you stay. I don’t care if he was drafted #2.
      ——————————-

RE: Jared Lorenzen being inducted to the UK Hall of Fame

Craig Sager’s Suits June 27, 2015 at 10:48 pm | Permalink
      Why, he lost more than he won. In his 4 years UK was 15-32.
      ——————————-

RE: Cal and his development of players

Craig Sager’s Suits June 27, 2015 at 10:42 pm | Permalink
      Ask Darius Miller, and countless others who also were drafted second round and are now playing in Europe or Asia instead of the league. Thank you for calling.
      ——————————-

RE: Lower season ticket sales

Craig Sager’s Suits April 27, 2014 at 5:21 pm | Permalink
      Stoops needs time? My question is, if he’s better than Joker, then why did he match Joker’s 2-10 instead of exceeding it? Yeah he had Joker’s “talent” but still if you’re supposed to be better than you should have a better result.
      ——————————-

And this gem….

Craig Sager’s Suits April 27, 2014 at 10:54 pm | Permalink
      If Stoops IS so better than Joker, then why did he match the result of 2-10? Stoops is supposed to be better at motivation, X’s and O’s, and all that jazz yet he yielded the same 2-10 result as Joker. Even if it was Joker’s talent, the fact that Stoops is supposed to be better, he should have done better than that mark in my opinion.

• UK Big Board Update
      5:52 pm August 24, 2015 Permalink

You can’t fix stupid.

11:37 pm August 24, 2015 Permalink

I’m a criminal for pointing out that MKG lied and said he was going to stay after a Vandy game? Ok.
      I’m a criminal for pointing out the Lorenzen lost more than he won and provided his record? Ok.
      I’m a criminal for pointing out that Stoops in year one matched Joker, and everyone hailed him as better? Ok.
      What’s the Darius Miller comment about? Oh yeah, letting players know that going pro early when you’re a second round projection is not a good idea. Miller, while he was a senior and didn’t have a choice, was a second round pick and is not in the NBA. What’s wrong with that? Case in point, Aaron Harrison didn’t even get drafted. Do I wish anyone ill will, no, but I think it’s fair to point that out about going early. If you’re goal is the NBA, you should work until you can up your stock into the first round and if by senior year you’re still second round, at least you tried like Darius did and in fact he should be in the league.

• UK Big Board Update
      12:42 am August 25, 2015 Permalink

“I’m a criminal for pointing out that MKG lied and said he was going to stay after a Vandy game?” No, you called him a liar and wished for him not to succeed at a turning point in his and his team’s career. Like a true UK fan would do, right? Lame.

“I’m a criminal for pointing out the Lorenzen lost more than he won and provided his record?” No, you threw one of the best QB’s in school history under the bus. His individual stats speak for themselves. Lame.

“I’m a criminal for pointing out that Stoops in year one matched Joker, and everyone hailed him as better?” You expected Stoops to do better with a shorter recruiting period and MACC/Sunbelt players, in hi first year, in the SEC? Lame. And in that time, hauled in one of the best classes we’ve ever had.

“What’s the Darius Miller comment about? Oh yeah, letting players know that going pro early when you’re a second round projection is not a good idea.” No, you specifically used him as an example (in fact, you literally named no one else) that Cal doesn’t develop players and get them into the league. Nice try, though. Lame. Let me refresh your memory again:

Craig Sager’s Suits June 27, 2015 at 10:42 pm | Permalink

“Could I have argued these points better, sure, but, they’re still valid points and questions to raise.” No, your either a troll or a miserable human being. Pick one. Either way, you are lame.