Texas A&M opens as 6.5-point favorite over Kentucky

Once again, Las Vegas does not have faith in the Kentucky Wildcats.

The early line has been set, and Texas A&M has opened as a 6.5-point favorite over Kentucky in their matchup set for next Saturday evening.

Kyle Field is a hostile environment and A&M is a very solid football team, but come on. How often does the No. 13 team in the nation enter a game against an unranked opponent as a touchdown underdog?

I guess winning three solid SEC opponents by double-digits doesn’t mean much to those out west.

#FreeMoney

Article written by Jack Pilgrim

Follow me on Twitter: @JackPilgrimKSR

30 Comments for Texas A&M opens as 6.5-point favorite over Kentucky

1. kentuckybackupplayer
    4:44 pm September 30, 2018 Permalink

I just saw the line for the Middle Tennessee game and Kentucky is a three touchdown underdog according to Vegas.

• k3ntucky_jer
      4:49 pm September 30, 2018 Permalink

Loving that Vegas is getting rich off Kentucky!!! Anything to help keep this team motivated is acceptable to me. #GetUp #LetsGo #BBN #Snell_YeahPOY #Allen41DPOY

2. rlburd2
    4:47 pm September 30, 2018 Permalink

I hope their wrong but I think Vegas has this one pegged.

3. maximumscott
    4:49 pm September 30, 2018 Permalink

Our team performs best under Stoops on big stage road games like this one. This team thrives on the underdog role. This is perfect for them.

UK by 10

4. k3ntucky_jer
    4:50 pm September 30, 2018 Permalink

5. bigblue98
    4:53 pm September 30, 2018 Permalink

Great news – love when we’re the dog cause right now we’re biting back. Go Cats!

6. Wade
    4:57 pm September 30, 2018 Permalink

Like Benny said names stars politics, that’s all it is! We feed on it! Hope we’re healthy. They said lt darrian kennard might get some reps for watkins.He’s 6’7 359. Wow. Big challenge this week on the road. I like my team!Go cats!

7. CKTermy23
    5:26 pm September 30, 2018 Permalink

I actually agree with the spread A&M has an extremely explosive offense lead by Mond. Thier linebackers are very Stout and athletic. Their secondary really attacks you in space. However the main reason I think UK will really struggle in this one is the 12 man of College Football (Kyle Stadium. That place other than Tiger stadium at night or the Horseshoe at night is probably the most hostile environment UK has ever experienced especially at night. This team will have a hard time getting use to the environment and the d will have trouble adjusting to the up tempo style of offense run by one of the hottest and fastest rookie QBs in the nation especially without Kash Daniels in the middle at the start of the game after his hit that got him a targeting call. This game likely ends up in a offensive shoot out and the better physical offense will win the game right now I think that is A&M because they score quick and never take thier foot off the gas pedal.

• wyatts1
      5:35 pm September 30, 2018 Permalink

Have you seen our defense this year?? Yes cash being out for the first half hurts but if you was gonna draw up a team to give a strong offense fits then it would be these wildcats!! Stingy defense, and a very bad azz and time consuming run game is all it’s gonna take, and that happens to be our bread and butter. This is the sec and some folks will always say exactly what your saying, and they also said the same against miss state, and Florida, how’d that work out? Big blue by 10 against Texas a&m

• mashburnfan1
      5:57 pm September 30, 2018 Permalink

wyatts…we got some huge breaks vs USC on dropped passes. Edwards was WIDE open for a long TD but QB under throws it and he stops to wait on it and drops it, no defender close. Also later in the game he got behind Baity for a long td, pass was right there and he dropped it. Also their #5 hd an easy 3rd down catch that would have been 1st down that he dropped. Not taking anything away from our D, they made big plays and have played well this season but I don’t see A&M dropping those. Also their QB is the fastest we will see so that worries me. Just gotta keep believing and hoping this magical ride continues, these kids and the staff deserve it. Still gonna have to show a deep threat or our offense will get shut down vs UGA. The USC defense is not good but just stacked the box all 2nd half with no worries about us throwing long, the result was less than 100 yards of oddense and ZERO points {that against a weak D.} Other will take notice as even Benny was shut down in half 2.

• kydrummer
      6:53 pm September 30, 2018 Permalink

Well said

• wyatts1
      8:14 pm September 30, 2018 Permalink

I’m definitely drinking the kool aid but only because they’ve shown that they are capable in big game and big moments. I do think Texas a&m is a solid top 20 team, but I don’t believe their home field is as hostile as what the swamp was. Their offense is legit but their defense is definitely not as talented on the other side of the ball. Our special teams is what worries me in this game, not our ability to move the football in this game. They are gonna score some but as long as it’s in the 14-20 point range I truly believe we will have enough juice to hang 25 points on these guys, especially if our secondary has some interceptions like the last game. The dropped passes and penalties or overthrown balls is more because of our defense bothering them then our previous opponents lack of skill. Or at least I hope so anyways

8. michaelb
    5:44 pm September 30, 2018 Permalink

Well got news for you a&m blowhards . That Aggie offense won’t see the field very much . This game is gonna go down just like the s Carolina game .

9. BigTimeOwen
    5:57 pm September 30, 2018 Permalink

After watching them struggle against Arkansas I think we’ll be fine.

10. gwhittle
    6:11 pm September 30, 2018 Permalink

So that means uk would only be a 0.5 pt favorite at home against A&M… Wow. I’m not saying A&M shouldn’t be favored, but that margin is more blatant disrespect. Vegas is just mad that the cats have beaten the spread in all 3 SEC games this year.

• Harveyww
      6:38 pm September 30, 2018 Permalink

I thought it would be .5 dog. Isn’t it just 6

• gwhittle
      8:20 pm September 30, 2018 Permalink

I thought it was 7, but I could be wrong. Either way, I disagree with the spread.

11. JPGott2
    6:23 pm September 30, 2018 Permalink

In totally agree w this. Hear me out. UK against USC had:

1.) Penalties: UK had 110 yards in penalties against USCjr. Similar to the UF game. Can not come close to doing that at A&M.

2.). 2nd half play calling: I do not care who you are, but u cannot put up 73 yards of offense in the 2nd half (-3 in the 4th quarter!!!!!!!!)

3.). We are not built to get down by 14 or more and comeback: UK eats clock and runs the ball methodically. Our pass game has shown little life in asserting itself.

4.). A&M is a very hostil place to play.

So what happens when our defense has an off night, or takes time to get going??? We have ridden their coatiails this year.

Hope the team hears about the spread. Let’s go!!!!!

• gwhittle
      1:09 pm October 1, 2018 Permalink

I don’t disagree necessarily, but with that logic, I could go point out a lot of bad things A&M did to barely best Arkansas. We have a lot to clean up, but so do they.

12. CKTermy23
    6:32 pm September 30, 2018 Permalink

No A&M is favored because of how hostile Kyle Field at night is going to be combined with the ESPN Primetime exposure and extreme pressure form fan to live up to increasingly higher expections Could be too much to handle for this young talented team. Remember this team is still learning how to win and they still have a tendency to commit stupid penalties and shoot themselves in the foot at the most crucial moments in the game I really hope UK pulls it out if they do they like finish either 11-1 or 10-2.

13. tree_gardener
    7:41 pm September 30, 2018 Permalink

That’s a fair spread. We’ll win though

14. friendsofcoal
    10:13 pm September 30, 2018 Permalink

We win at TAMU then I’ll go all in with his team. We ARE really good but I’m not buying into 11 wins yet. I’ll stay conservative and be thrilled with 8 wins.

15. CombatMedic_98
    10:55 pm September 30, 2018 Permalink

This win should break the Bear Bryant Curse…

16. Kat4Life
    11:06 pm September 30, 2018 Permalink

The good news is, if this spread offends you you can take action against it by wagering. And for the record I’m going to do precisely that before sanity prevails and the spread swings back to a more reasonable number….like even

17. Commissionersteele
    11:18 pm September 30, 2018 Permalink

Because theyre losing their asses on UK games this year. They want people betting evenly

18. Urincatland
    3:53 am October 1, 2018 Permalink

That’s good! Let them keep us as the underdog and the BOYS IN BLUE will be fired up. Go Cats!

19. cats646
    5:33 am October 1, 2018 Permalink

6-0 after next weekend!! Shut’em down cats!! Go big blue!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. UKfanman01
    5:59 am October 1, 2018 Permalink

A&M barely beat Arkansas, which is dismal. Also Stoops was Jimbo’s defensive coordinator for years at Fl St, which means hes very familiar with his offensive play style. Get ready Cats fans!

21. TJY
    8:52 am October 1, 2018 Permalink

Most of you really don’t know how the spread works. Vegas isn’t losing big on the Cats this year. They set the line so there is a near even amount of bettors on each side. They win on the juice they are taking, they don’t care if any team wins or loses. Now how can they get hurt? On bets like going 40-0 and the team actually goes 40-0. If there isn’t enough bet in the pool of other teams to cover the large payout, then it could hurt them. I love reading non-gamblers take on Vegas. I bet on UK+14 vs Fla and have been reaping the benefits since. I got them at +1 and +2 this past weekend vs USC and have already taken them at +6 and hoping the number goes higher. GO CATS!