Terry Wilson posted the 2nd highest QB grade in Week 5, per PFF

UK Athletics

UK Athletics

A lot went wrong on Saturday afternoon at The Kroge, but Terry Wilson was on point.

According to Pro Football Focus’ grading scale, the Kentucky quarterback posted the second-highest number (92.0) among his position in Week 5 of the college football season, finishing just 0.3 points behind BYU’s Zach Wilson.

In the ‘Cats heartbreaking overtime loss to Ole Miss, 42-41, Wilson produced across all areas of the gridiron. He threw for 184 yards and zero interceptions, completing 14 of his 18 pass attempts for a QBR of 84.0. On the ground, he was busting out big plays against the Rebels defense all game long, running for 129 yards and three touchdowns. Overall, he was productive from start to finish and totaled up 41 points on offense; Kentucky fans couldn’t ask for much more from Wilson. He even outplayed Ole Miss quarterback Matt Corral on the grading scale, per PFF.

But bad luck and poor decisions in typical Kentucky Football fashion cost them a winnable game against Ole Miss. UK is now 0-2 to start the season, but Wilson is far from the issue.

Article written by Zack Geoghegan

Covering all things NBA and UK Hoops. Follow me on Twitter: @ZGeogheganKSR

15 Comments for Terry Wilson posted the 2nd highest QB grade in Week 5, per PFF

1. Pensacola_Cat_Fan
    1:09 pm October 4, 2020 Permalink

Terry was pretty good yesterday. Our defense is terrible though so it’s kinda a moot point. We need to get our younger guys on the field and start building for next year because there is a 0% chance we win more than 3 games this year at this point – of course this won’t happen and we’ll be rebuilding all over again in 2021.

2. dcforuk
    1:11 pm October 4, 2020 Permalink

Circumstances, people, things and worry steal joy. Looking at that impressive QB rating by TW and seeing #3 on that list, the circumstances of Ole Miss’ QB having nearly as good a QB rating, AJ Rose’s early Faux Pas X 2, the missed extra point, the missed FG, the TOs last week, the “great video review“ last week (NOT) and a few other things have all combined to make us 0-2! This sucks. Would you rather be as close to 2-0 as we are or have gotten throttled in both? I have to choose the former not the latter!

• dcforuk
      6:40 pm October 4, 2020 Permalink

I missed the beginning of the game and am just now seeing the fumble by Rose. That also was a TD. Daggum it. That is two weeks in a row!

• dcforuk
      6:42 pm October 4, 2020 Permalink

I sent this email to the SEC last week. Sending another one for the Rose play would appear like whining after Rose held up the deuces. HOWEVER, IT WAS A TD THAT WAS TAKEN AWAY AGAIN AND IT CLEARLY MATTERED. THAT SUCKS!

• dcforuk
      6:43 pm October 4, 2020 Permalink

They aren’t letting me post the letter (as of now)

3. dcforuk
    1:18 pm October 4, 2020 Permalink

Rough start. I told my son at the beginning of the year that we could finish anywhere from 4-6 to (an outside shot at) 8-2. There is tremendous pressure now because that 8-2 mark (which was unlikely) likely has a ceiling now of 6-4. 4-6 would be a success at this point. 5-5 would be thumping. If ifs and buts were candies and nuts we could have one heckuva party, but if we can right the ship against MS St and someone upset GA or TN, then five is possible. The new season starts this weekend! Support the Stoops and his troops. Hope inspires endurance. Time to be hopeful right?

4. JohnnyCat
    1:23 pm October 4, 2020 Permalink

There’s just no room for error this year. When you have a run-heavy, clock controlling offense, then every possession is huge…especially if your defense sucks. This team cannot get behind and cannot have stupid turnovers. Stoops and company have won most of their close games the last couple of years, seemingly turning the program around…but it looks like we are reverting back to historical form. Except for RB and the O-line, I personally see a significant talent differential across the board again versus the SEC big boys. I am beginning to wonder if all this perceived recruiting success the last couple of years was a mirage as these younger guys are beginning to be forced into action…particularly along the defensive front and secondary. I hope I am wrong or it will be a long season.

• mashman 93
      1:28 pm October 4, 2020 Permalink

If we try to play ball control offense with the defense we have it will be ugly against Alabama, Florida, Georgia and Tennessee. Please tell me I’m wrong!!! I want to be wrong!!! GO CATS!!!

5. 2andToodleLoo
    1:27 pm October 4, 2020 Permalink

The losses are not Terry’s fault. Clearly the defense is the problem.

6. Headhurts
    1:29 pm October 4, 2020 Permalink

We stayed with #8 auburn until the 4th on the road and played an Ole Miss team that scored 35 on #3 Florida, took them into OT and our kicker choked so it’s really not that terrible but the team now needs to find a W.

7. Bluehender
    2:51 pm October 4, 2020 Permalink

Terry was fine. He made a mistake on 4th and 8, which really is on the coaches for their decision to do that. The other was an intentional grounding, which really wasn’t, but he missed a receiver wide open down the middle of the field. One other mistake was a pass where he put a little too much air under the ball when he had a receiver open down the field, but really that ball could have been caught. The real problem is on defense

8. BigBluSoTru
    2:54 pm October 4, 2020 Permalink

@HH you do realize Missispi has one of the worst defenses in NCAA and thats a proven fact.

• runningunnin.454
      6:01 pm October 4, 2020 Permalink

If you’re trying to abbreviate Mississippi, it’s MS; if you’re trying to spell it…go back to school.

• dcforuk
      6:02 pm October 4, 2020 Permalink

And our offense put up 35 points against them and one of the best offenses in the country put up 51 against them. So we scored 70% of the points that Florida scored. What you shared is factual but it’s not necessarily correlating to the discussion.

• dcforuk
      6:11 pm October 4, 2020 Permalink

Obviously, you can’t celebrate the start to the season of 0-2. But, really reading and listening to most of the fans on this blog gives me the same feeling that I got as a young boy observing and watching Bobby Knight. I honestly sometimes felt like he wanted his team to lose. Maybe that was a desire for excellence and maybe that was a demonstration of his ultra competitiveness? I’m really not sure but my strengths carried to extremes are weaknesses and so are everyone else‘s. Perhaps most of you actually like that comparison that you remind me of Bobby Knight. Perhaps you are just ultra competitive which competition and a competitive fire is not really a bad thing. But if you want the team to fail and you want to be negative all the time then that is a bad thing. If you have a desire to see your program go to the next level then just say it and say that it sucks to be 0-2 especially when you thought that you’d be 2-0 as a possibility to start the year. I really think that that is the description for most of you although I think SoBlu is just wasting his time pretending like he’s a fan. I have never once read anything positive come out of his mouth. You really do sound like Charlie Brown’s teacher all the time so I’m just calling you out for what it is. You have never once said anything positive! Nothing but sarcasm. I feel sorry for your wife and kids if you have any. Are you that way at home? Seriously, are you a UK fan or are you going to continue to passively hide behind your sarcasm?