Tavin Richardson confirms he will transfer from UK

Last week, it was reported junior wide receiver Tavin Richardson entered the football “transfer portal” and wished to leave the University of Kentucky. A new tweet from Richardson confirms the news:

The video shows Richardson’s best moments as a Wildcat inside Kroger Field. During his final season in the blue and white, Richardson totaled 13 receptions for 114 yards. His biggest games, ironically, came in Kentucky’s losses – he had 26 yards against Georgia and 37 yards against Tennessee.

His sophomore season was much stronger than his junior season – that year, Richardson had 27 receptions for 371 yards. But during the 2018-19 year, the Cats’ offense was built around the run game, largely thanks to Benny Snell, of course. And although Snell wouldn’t have limited Richardson’s opportunities come next season, the former Wildcat must have thought UK was no longer his best option.

Richardson hasn’t yet announced where he intends to go next season, but the BBN wishes him the best.

@MaggieDavisKSR

Article written by Maggie Davis

10 Comments for Tavin Richardson confirms he will transfer from UK

1. Smyrna_Cat
    7:08 pm January 30, 2019 Permalink

Best of luck to him.

2. RondoTheDonThough
    7:50 pm January 30, 2019 Permalink

Yep. Won’t miss 13 catches. I’d trust our punter more.

• mashburnfan1
      10:48 pm January 30, 2019 Permalink

13 catches was not all his fault. I think he has SEC ability but like all our WR’s they are not used properly. Don’t blame him but really hope we actually throw the ball down the field instead of across the field next year.

• notFromhere
      10:53 pm January 30, 2019 Permalink

He dropped passes and caught passes. Most college offenses are built on yards after the catch. If the WRs can’t turn that corner on SEC defenses until the game is out of reach, we better have a good run game again

3. JASUN74
    8:54 pm January 30, 2019 Permalink

It’s sucks to lose that much experience, time wasted on development of this kid and after all we’ve put into getting him ready for a big senior year, he quits on us. Hey, I’ll wish him well and will hope for no injuries, but would’ve much rather had him in Blue and White. It’s not like he has several guys ahead of him and we didn’t need him! Ohh well. Go do you kid. I did think he was going to help us a lot this year, we’ll need someone to take over and be able to block, run the correct routes and catch when needed. I’m sure we’ll be fine but I expected a big year for him.

• Luether
      9:50 pm January 30, 2019 Permalink

When the going gets tough, the tough get going and the others transfer out…

• east-ky-boy
      10:58 pm January 30, 2019 Permalink

Can’t blame him. We don’t throw hardly. I blame our Scheme

4. notFromhere
    10:58 pm January 30, 2019 Permalink

If Lee comes, we won’t miss TRichardson much. I hate it when kids do the grass is greener thing, but nothing to be done about it. Dont know how else to see the lack of loyalty. Badet and Richardson aren’t Wildcats to me anymore. It wasn’t about the QB or the offense, either. Badet didn’t do any better at OK. We’ll see if TR can, if I ever see his stats after today

5. bddfromcincy
    11:06 pm January 30, 2019 Permalink

Why transfer after the semester has begun? Why not do it after the bowl game or wait until summer? I had the same question last year when Ware transferred after the spring game. Why waste the time? Makes me wonder if there is more to this.

• notFromhere
      10:08 am January 31, 2019 Permalink

Has to be, but he never redshirted. Leaving to leave