Take a Look at the New Commonwealth Stadium

CHz2lTvUsAArDk0

You have probably been hearing a good deal recently about drones. I admit that I know little about them except that I hope one day to use them as a way to not have to go to the grocery store or mall. But until that day comes, we will have to settle with this use of commercial drones. Triple Crown Drones (a company in Kentucky) used a drone to showcase the state of the new Commonwealth Stadium renovations. They sent the drone over Commonwealth and filmed what it saw, creating the You Tube video below. The video shows the stadium is gorgeous, but also not yet done (and I am told some parts won’t be done yet by the Opening Game). Still it looks great and it is going to be a fun year…and as far as the drone…well, It is a brave new world we live in.

Article written by Matt Jones

6 Comments for Take a Look at the New Commonwealth Stadium

1. KSR Faithful
    11:20 pm June 28, 2015 Permalink

I wish you guys would keep the damn sports nonsense off here, I come here for politics and politics only! You leave me no choice but to threaten to never come back here again!

See you tomorrow!

2. Shmikey
    10:11 am June 29, 2015 Permalink

Ew. That drone footage is pretty awful, clearly not a professional video outfit. Over-exposed footage and photo, and half the video is just the drone ascending.

3. Denny
    11:00 am June 29, 2015 Permalink

Did not show the side with new boxes. Poor video

4. Bama Cat Fan
    12:34 pm June 29, 2015 Permalink

I think they were focusing on the finished field, which looks pretty badass. Can’t wait to make the trip for a game.

5. TCD
    12:37 pm June 29, 2015 Permalink

Pretty sure they were trying to get footage of the finished field… since the rest of Commonwealth is not finished – the new boxes don’t even look like boxes, since it’s NOT finished. Do I need to say it again… not finished…. but with all of that being said, GOOOO BIG BLUE!

6. Mad Catter
    1:31 pm June 29, 2015 Permalink

Agreeing with all. Drone flyer didn’t do a test run first. Overexposure kills all the detail. After it zoomed down on the field, the field looked like a cheap tablecloth. I don’t care if the boxes aren’t finished. Show them anyway! And why not a peek at the new concourse?