Tailgate like a true VIP in UK’s new 1865 Club

The Kentucky football program has been doing its best to catch up with the rest of the league in terms of facilities and game day environment the past few years, and the latest addition sounds pretty awesome. This fall, fans can tailgate in “The 1865 Club,” luxury tailgating suites that can accommodate up to 30 guests.

Each private suite will have approximately 300 feet of indoor entertainment space, with a kitchen, four high-definition televisions, heat and air, a full-size refrigerator, and half-bath. Each suite — located outside the southwest corner of Commonwealth Stadium in the green space adjacent to the President’s Pavilion — will also have an outdoor entertainment space with a television and exterior awning.

Standard tailgating food and drinks — hot dogs, hamburgers and soft drinks — are included with 1865 Club rentals, which last for 12 hours. Additional and premium food and drink, including alcohol, are also available for purchase. No setup is necessary. All you have to do is show up and party.

Interested? Tailgating suites are available for both single-game and full season rentals. Rentals come with 30 passes per suite, but game tickets are not included. Contact Elizabeth Briggs at [email protected].

So…who’s inviting me to The 1865 Club?

UPDATE: As noted in the comments section, the pricing is as follows:

• Non-conference game: $6,000
  • Conference game: $8,000
  • Full season: $50,000

16 Comments for Tailgate like a true VIP in UK’s new 1865 Club

1. Mathlete
    2:16 pm April 18, 2016 Permalink

How much do they cost? This might be worth looking into for a fun fall party!

2. Smitty4UK
    2:23 pm April 18, 2016 Permalink

The same company is at Miss State. There pricing is on the website. $39,000 ($185 per person) for the season and $14,000 ($200 per person) for 2 games.

3. easyedc
    2:42 pm April 18, 2016 Permalink

Is it me or does this look like Fixer Upper – The Mobile Home Edition?

4. Catsby80
    2:43 pm April 18, 2016 Permalink

If it is 14,000 for 2 games, lets just assume its 7k for one game. that’s 233 bucks a person assuming you get all 30 people there. that 233 bucks doesn’t include alcohol. that’s a hard pass for me. too rich for my blood.

5. jhnny
    3:14 pm April 18, 2016 Permalink

They also just took out some prime grass tailgating areas for people who have passes in those lots (especially green passes). This looks like it will be good for corporate interests who want to entertain their guests…

6. JoeBlacko
    3:25 pm April 18, 2016 Permalink

The pricing in the comment above is incorrect. A full season rental is $50,000. You can also rent on a per game basis. An SEC game is $8,000 whereas an non conference game is priced at $6,000.

• Catsby80
      3:43 pm April 18, 2016 Permalink

So a non-con game is 200 bucks per person assuming you get all 30 people to join and a conference game is 267 a person assuming you get all 30 people to go… Call me crazy but I don’t think they’re going to get a lot of action on these things until they start putting a better product on the field. I appreciate that they’re trying to make the facilities and the atmosphere top tier; but now it’s time for them to put a top tier product on the field. I’m not asking for SEC championships, but I’m asking for a bowl game consistently and the occasional 8-9 win season. That is not unrealistic when the Vandy’s, Missouri’s and South Carolina’s of the world are down.

• DelrayCat
      5:03 pm April 18, 2016 Permalink

I think you can bet on OPPONENTS renting these if UK fans do not.

7. jhnny
    3:59 pm April 18, 2016 Permalink

They sure have done a lot for the corporate fan- nice club seating with a club area that sells alcohol, now these corporate houses for tailgating. I wonder if the corporate interests will still pay for these amenities when the regular fans stop showing up for the games?

8. Duuuuuude
    4:00 pm April 18, 2016 Permalink

It would not take too many weekends of this and you could just buy your own RV.

9. bennyp
    4:39 pm April 18, 2016 Permalink

That is a ton of money to dish out. I can see top games for high rollers or companies with money to burn. Take a look at this years home games and there are several that would be a tough sale.

Sept. 3 SOUTHERN MISS

Sept. 17 NEW MEXICO STATE

Sept. 24 SOUTH CAROLINA

Oct. 8 VANDERBILT

Oct. 22 MISSISSIPPI STATE

Nov. 5 GEORGIA

Nov. 19 AUSTIN PEAY

10. DACats86
    5:24 pm April 18, 2016 Permalink

It was a bad move putting the Georgia game in November. Folks down here love their Dawgs (and Keeneland)…

11. Rsn2GoBlu
    10:00 pm April 18, 2016 Permalink

Looks like we are trying to keep up with little bro down the street. Should have just admitted it and went with blue cabooses. It would have looked better.

• LexJim
      1:20 am April 19, 2016 Permalink

That was my thought too. I had some friends who used to rent a caboose down on Herrington Lake for a summer house. I was stunned at how much room there was inside. And it wouldn’t look like you are in a double-wide either.

12. Jester
    9:37 am April 19, 2016 Permalink

So now you can rent a single wide trailer for $6000-8000 per game? Classy.