Sundy Best will headline the grand reopening of Commonwealth Stadium

sundy-best

Sundy Best will headline the pregame concert in the parking lot of Commonwealth Stadium, taking the stage after Matthew Mitchell and the Go Big Blue Band. Coach Mitchell teased the concert on this morning’s KSR radio show and now we know who will share his stage.

Mitchell and the Go Big Blue Band will go on at 3:00 pm in the lot adjacent to Gate 1. Sundy Best will take over at 4:00 pm, pausing for the Cat Walk at around 4:45 pm.

Inside the stadium, a choir composed of singers from each of Kentucky’s 120 counties will perform the national anthem. The game ball will be delivered by the United States Army Parachute Team, the Golden Knights.

It’s almost here!

Article written by Drew Franklin

30 Comments for Sundy Best will headline the grand reopening of Commonwealth Stadium

1. DylanG
    4:10 pm August 4, 2015 Permalink

They couldn’t have done any better? Sundy Best is like listening to nails on an iron board. C’mon.

• thrtzn
      4:12 pm August 4, 2015 Permalink

Feel free to not go. Because you have that option, you know

• DylanG
      4:15 pm August 4, 2015 Permalink

I’m a season ticket holder. Unlike some of you.

• thrtzn
      4:17 pm August 4, 2015 Permalink

So am I. And I know there’s plenty of places to tailgate not in the green lot.

• DylanG
      4:26 pm August 4, 2015 Permalink

I don’t know if you noticed this or not but there’s construction going on. No there’s not.

• Capt. Obvious
      4:36 pm August 4, 2015 Permalink

You’re an idiot. You do have a choice in the matter. Guess what? You choose your attitude. Yours sucks. Go Cats!

• thrtzn
      4:51 pm August 4, 2015 Permalink

Not sure if you’ve noticed this either but there are other places to tailgate that aren’t in the parking lots directly outside the stadium. Be creative or don’t tailgate in the green lot if you hate sundy best. Pretty simple choice if you ask me.

• Self-CenteredMuch?
      6:10 pm August 4, 2015 Permalink

Because every single amenity at the stadium should be cleared through you and your particular taste in the arts because you’re the one season ticket holder. Maybe they should’ve chosen one of the countless Kentucky rock, pop or rap groups to reach some level of notoriety. Get over yourself.

• youmissedthatone
      6:37 pm August 4, 2015 Permalink

Your saying is wrong it is fingers on a chalkboard. How old are you season ticket holder or are these your dad’s tickets. I agree you have an option where you want to be.

2. Will
    4:14 pm August 4, 2015 Permalink

They should have booked C2 & the Brothers Reed instead

3. Catsby80
    4:33 pm August 4, 2015 Permalink

I was hoping it would be Drake… wrong sport I guess…

• Leuther
      4:39 pm August 4, 2015 Permalink

Sundy Best is more conservative than that liberal, Drake…

#RightPower!

• Catsby80
      4:58 pm August 4, 2015 Permalink

I was honestly just kidding… I couldn’t care less about the concert. I’m going to the game for football and the tailgate. If the music isn’t near the orange lot, then I won’t be going to the concert… Go Cats.

• Leuther
      5:00 pm August 4, 2015 Permalink

11-0 baby!! Remember where you heard it first.

4. RickInTx
    4:36 pm August 4, 2015 Permalink

Some people will complain about anything and everything. UK doesn’t HAVE to have anyone there. And, as far as the parking lots go, be patient! There’s more than 4 weeks before kickoff.

• Wilber
      4:55 pm August 4, 2015 Permalink

Sure they do! It’s not like anyone actually goes to watch UK football.

5. DuaneLee
    4:47 pm August 4, 2015 Permalink

I agree, poor choice. Just think…..this will REALLY pump up the recruits on their visit

• thrtzn
      4:57 pm August 4, 2015 Permalink

Yep, we’re doomed in recruiting because of this decision. Some people cannot be pleased.

6. Lambardi
    4:59 pm August 4, 2015 Permalink

Great choice! These guys are always repping Kentucky sports and the majority of UK fans love them. And to those haters commenting, keep in mind that bad publicity is still publicity, so keep right on talking.

• Slick Willie
      5:13 pm August 4, 2015 Permalink

Bet your like your steaks well done…

7. Brock
    5:25 pm August 4, 2015 Permalink

Great choice! They love UK sports, and oh yeah, their music is awesome as well. Nothing can make some of y’all happy. Must be a pretty miserable life.

8. Ball Sack
    5:50 pm August 4, 2015 Permalink

I’ve heard better noises in the bathroom.

9. cats in '15!
    6:20 pm August 4, 2015 Permalink

Some would gripe about not getting 2 million dollars when they were given 1 million

10. bthendren
    6:58 pm August 4, 2015 Permalink

Come on man….you can’t buy anything with a million these days.

11. Matt Jones' Barber
    9:57 pm August 4, 2015 Permalink

Well it could be worse guys, they could have picked Florida/Georgia line.

12. Bear Wilkinson
    10:06 pm August 4, 2015 Permalink

The musician on the right has an interesting UK football background. His grandfather, Wilbur “Shorty” Jamerson caught 2 TD passes in the win against Oklahoma in the 1950 Sugar Bowl. No joke

13. GoCayuts
    9:15 am August 5, 2015 Permalink

Not only does Nick, the lead singer have lineage with Shorty Jamerson playing for the Cats in the 50’s he played football at the University of Pikeville here in Kentucky. As big Kentucky fans, young men doing there best to chase a dream, and drawing GOOD attention to our state I think its obvious why they were chosen. Because they were deserving. GO CATS

14. UKPricks
    11:43 am August 5, 2015 Permalink

It’s got to the point on here where a UK fan/season ticket holder can’t have an opinion if it’s not positive. Sunday Best? Not my cup of tea, probably not 95% of the players cup of tea, probably not 70% of the fans cup of tea. Lets just hope they don’t take the recruits that will on campus over to watch this band. I like the fact that Sunday Best are big UK fans but there are several other Ky groups that they could have reached to. And I definitely don’t think it should be a country-pop band. But that’s just my opinion and I’m sure some of you tools will troll on me for voicing my opinion.

15. BelowMe
    6:46 pm August 5, 2015 Permalink

I’d rather listen to a bunch of baboons bludgeon this band to death on stage than actually listen to the band blast their shitty country music all over the parking lots.

16. RogeredOmnibus
    6:50 pm August 5, 2015 Permalink

Who cares if they have UK connections? Their music is just crap. So many better options out there to open with, but I bet this was the only option available to UK on a budget. Release the baboons!