Stoops: “This is where my heart is… I want to be at Kentucky.”

On the morning of Kentucky’s game against UT Martin in Lexington, a report came out saying Mark Stoops met with officials from Florida State in Cincinnati last week. According to 247 Sports, the interview went well; however, Stoops does not consider himself a candidate for the job. “We can take Mark Stoops off our coaching hot boards,” the Florida State site wrote.

After the game against UT Martin, Stoops did not deny the meeting happened, but said Kentucky is where he wants to be.

“I’m not going to get into specifics, but, Florida State, I had a great experience there,” Stoops said, when asked about the reported meeting in Cincinnati. “It afforded me the opportunity to be here and I love it here. I’ve been very fortunate and I have great administration. Dr. Capilouto and Mitch Barnhart, they’ve been so good to me. The fans, our players, recruits — this is where my heart is. This is where I want to be. I want to be at Kentucky.

“I was answering too many questions with recruits and I just felt like it was time to answer those questions directly, and be honest with them and this is where I want to be and this is what I want to do.”

So there ya go. You can put your Stoops to Florida State worries away.

Article written by Drew Franklin

12 Comments for Stoops: “This is where my heart is… I want to be at Kentucky.”

1. BowdenQB4ever
    7:25 pm November 23, 2019 Permalink

Lol ok.

2. WKY Cat
    9:01 pm November 23, 2019 Permalink

Power move to get more money. Smart.

• makeitstop
      11:39 pm November 23, 2019 Permalink

I believe him. He’s not a guy u hv to parse words with.

3. Corder
    9:35 pm November 23, 2019 Permalink

I think he is being genuine when he says this is where he wants to be. He has seemed like a very stand up guy since he has been here and very loyal to this program. The university has also been very loyal to him and I think that goes a long way. Considering FSU just let a coach go after a year and half seems to me like FSU might be going down the same rabbit hole as Tennessee did thinking that are something they were decades ago.

4. ukkatzfan
    10:22 pm November 23, 2019 Permalink

Jones stays at KSR and Stoops stays at UK. Thanksgiving is going to be overflowing like always.

5. notFromhere
    11:04 pm November 23, 2019 Permalink

GREAT news! Hope we can finish the season, the bowl, and the recruiting class out STRONG! We’ll need to do that to win the SEC East and move up into the preseason sights of voters for 2021

• My Dixie Wrecked
      8:27 am November 24, 2019 Permalink

This is his best recruiting class. It’s 11th in the SEC. We’re only better than Missouri, Vandy, and Arkansas. How are we going to compete for the SEC with that?

6. Thetruthshallsetbennyfree
    1:34 am November 24, 2019 Permalink

Youngstown is right around the corner the only team that I’ve ever said scared me was if OSU went after him, which I don’t see happening considering his philosophy.

• My Dixie Wrecked
      8:29 am November 24, 2019 Permalink

OSU? A team that can have just about any coach it wants. Would ever want Stoops? No way.

• 4everUKBlue
      8:47 am November 24, 2019 Permalink

Have to be a coach that enables criminal activity to coach for OSU, like say Urban Liar.