Stoops says his players are “bouncing around” in practice this week

Chet White | UK Athletics

Chet White | UK Athletics

Chet White | UK Athletics

Kentucky must beat Louisville on Saturday to clinch a postseason berth, a fact Mark Stoops says he’s not shying away from this week in practice. On today’s SEC Coaches Teleconference, Stoops said his team is aware of what’s at stake and he’s been pleased with how they’ve been “bouncing around” in preparation for Saturday’s showdown.

“Certainly I’m not just going to stay away from it,” Stoops said of the fact that the team MUST win to ensure bowl eligibility. “I think it’s a very important game and they know that. What matters to me is how we go about our business starting on Monday. I’ve seen really good preparation on Monday and Tuesday, guys bouncing around and having good practices and we need to continue that the rest of the week.”

“I do talk about it just briefly and then we move on because I’m not trying to hide from it either. Our players know what’s out there and what’s at stake.”

Beat Louisville, go to a bowl. Beat Louisville, and it’s a party.

6 Comments for Stoops says his players are “bouncing around” in practice this week

1. dean winchester
    2:59 pm November 25, 2015 Permalink

Beat little bro and the season is a success….2-10, 5-7, 6-6 (maybe 7-6)…progress in the only stat that matters

• inside info2
      3:08 pm November 25, 2015 Permalink

Not a success. As planned. Big difference. Win or lose against Louisville, this season has been way too frustrating. Too many coaching mistakes. Little to no player development. Not decidedly better progression from last year. IF we make a bowl game we had to play 3 cupcake teams to do it and were VERY close to losing one of those.

If we don’t make a bowl game this year and see the same mistakes next year, Stoops will be square on the hot seat.

• dean winchester
      3:17 pm November 25, 2015 Permalink

Dont agree….has the season been frustrating…of course it has….but to go from Jokes to a bowl….any bowl…in three years….with honestly 3 weeks to throw together a recruiting class the first year….a success. Now even if we go 7-6….should everyone on staff be safe? No….but I still think 6-6 is a success when you are building a program coming off of Joker and having to restock virtually every position.

• Howdy Doody
      1:14 pm November 27, 2015 Permalink

So, you headed to the 5-7 Bowl IF Hooker U punches us in the mouth…AGAIN ?

2. catdaddyd
    1:09 pm November 26, 2015 Permalink

When or lose, as long as the players keep dancing, that’s what really matters.

3. Howdy Doody
    1:13 pm November 27, 2015 Permalink

I hope they stop dancing and start playing football for a change.
    I do believe Hooker U will prevail.