Stoops says he will keep discussion with Boom “internal”

Mark Zerof
Photo by Mark Zerof

Mark Zerof

Photo by Mark Zerof

The big story of the morning was JoJo Kemp taking over the starting running back job from Boom Williams, and Mark Stoops’ comments about it. Stoops told reporters during today’s press conference that JoJo earned the opportunity, and that he wanted to meet with Boom today to discuss some things. The latter remark came when Stoops was asked about Williams reportedly leaving the field after the game in lieu of celebrating with his teammates.

On Mark Stoops’ radio show tonight, Tom Leach asked Stoops for an update.

Leach: “You mentioned you were going to talk to Boom about something, anything more to add to that?”

Stoops: “No, there’s nothing more to add. I’m going to keep that internal.”

That doesn’t exactly sound positive to me, but who knows. The radio show’s still going on, so click here to listen to the rest.

13 Comments for Stoops says he will keep discussion with Boom “internal”

1. Duuuuuude
    6:42 pm September 28, 2015 Permalink

In and of itself, this story would not bother me. Throw in the drama surrounding stories around Booms father and I begin to wonder. This is why Stoops gets paid the big bucks though. I certainly would not know how to deal with these kinds of problems.

2. SCCat
    6:49 pm September 28, 2015 Permalink

We will see how it manifests this Saturday and next Thursday. I expect Boom on the field unless there is disciplinary action for some reason. He’s plain and simple our best offensive threat…

3. FreeBOOM
    6:55 pm September 28, 2015 Permalink

much like Towles after Florida, i see a rebound/breakout game this weekend 🙂 TOUCHDOWN #18!

4. Katya
    7:10 pm September 28, 2015 Permalink

I think Boom was just disheartened by not playing well. I’d imagine the talk they had regarded maturity and being a team player and he’ll come out for the better this Saturday.

• Luther
      1:48 am September 29, 2015 Permalink

Boom was simply outplayed by JoJo and acted imaturely about it. Be a man, Boom…

5. TKAT
    7:57 pm September 28, 2015 Permalink

Time for BOOM to make Lemonade out of Lemons.

6. GroundControlToNumber9
    8:04 pm September 28, 2015 Permalink

Was the it the blitz that Boom missed on 2nd and then 3rd down on the opening drive of the 3rd quarter?

Rewatching the game to try to see where things could have gone wrong as it’s missed assignments that tend to get running backs in the dog house.

7. Seriously
    8:29 pm September 28, 2015 Permalink

This state is just one big Topix forum. A little gossip gets out, and everybody runs with it, embellishes/fabricates details, and blows what could be a minor thing into a bigger issue than it should be.

• Towles' Man Bun
      9:25 am September 29, 2015 Permalink

Exactly. This is a non-issue and speculation is asinine. A guy has a bad game, gets upset about it for whatever reason, and you’d think he’s the most selfish player in the history of Kentucky football? Give it a rest, people. Enjoy the games.

8. GroundControlToNumber9
    8:36 pm September 28, 2015 Permalink

Seriously – Our team. If it truly needs to be kept internal then fine.

But if it’s a visible action in the game and the growing pains that we all went through (or at least som eof us) then it’s part of the story.

Certainly Stoops should handle some things on the inside…. but that’s ‘seriously’ nothing for you to be the one who determines.

• Hey
      8:46 pm September 28, 2015 Permalink

Shouldn’t you be whining about and boycotting the new logo?

9. 8 god
    8:38 pm September 28, 2015 Permalink

Would Barker have attitude problems? We won’t know until we try. #BarkerForTailback2015

10. Iremeberharrylancaster
    10:46 pm September 28, 2015 Permalink

I think this will all work out. but, sounds like Stoops needs to introduce Boom to the word…..TEAM. As for me, I have been a UK football fan since the mid 60’s and old Stoll Field. I don’t care who pads their stats or who leads the team in this and that….heck, we’ve seen that before. I just want some W’s and this TEAM can provide that.