Stoops on whether the stadium will be done by Sept. 5: “I hope so”

We’ve been hearing some rumblings that the new Commonwealth Stadium may not be completely finished by the season opener on September 5th. I asked Stoops about that this morning, and while he didn’t give me an answer, there was a bit of anxiety on his face.

I hope so. You have to talk to Russ Pear on that,” Stoops said to laughter. “I did drive by there yesterday and walked in the stadium, took a look around. I saw progress.”

How often does Stoops check in on the progress?

“I don’t go in there too often, to be honest with you,” he said. “Once every week or two. I tried to stay away as they were laying the turf. I really wanted to see it when it was done, but I peeked in there a few times. Obviously it’s done now and settling in. The field really looks good and the stadium is coming together.

Now, can someone get us Russ Pear’s number so we can ask him?

8 Comments for Stoops on whether the stadium will be done by Sept. 5: “I hope so”

1. Kentucky Joe
    11:13 am July 15, 2015 Permalink

• J-Dub421
      11:15 am July 15, 2015 Permalink

So we agree that U of L fans are terrible.

2. Kentucky Joe
    11:23 am July 15, 2015 Permalink

My life is so pathetic, lonely, and sad, that all I can think of to do with my time is try to annoy people.

3. BluKudzu
    12:02 pm July 15, 2015 Permalink

Kentucky Joe July 15, 2015 at 11:13 am | Permalink | Reply
    Would be kinda fun to sit in unfinished stadium with the generators hoisted up to prevent theft by inbred meth addicted trailer trash.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    This, coming from a total loser in the back bedroom of his mother’s trailer, after crown and coke hangover from an allnighter at the local strip club in Louisville, where his sister works cleaning toilets, in between “performances.”
    Do yourself a favor, get a job, and stay off the phone modem and your mother’s computer.

• Kentucky Joe
      12:43 pm July 15, 2015 Permalink

At least I know how to use the reply button genius.

4. BluKudzu
    6:31 pm July 15, 2015 Permalink

Let’s begin with a specific reply to you, then, shall we?

It was to allow more people to specifically join my comment, not to be part of yours, Genius.

I am a genius, thank you for noticing, and this is response is specific to you; your comparitive IQ would make most people appear to be a genius, obviously.

Now get off your sister, you’re crushing her smokes, and she needs to go to work.

Toilets don’t clean themselves, and the tip money pays the rent of your mother’s trailer.

By the way, I did not see you at the last MENSA gathering. Lose your job doing the valet gig for our meetings?

5. Billy
    6:36 pm July 15, 2015 Permalink

(859) 257-1243

Office number.

6. Wayne
    10:36 pm July 15, 2015 Permalink

Lets just hope for better weather. If the rain and storms continue its hard to imagine that it gets completed.