Stoops on Bunchy Stallings’ ejection

Offensive lineman Bunchy Stallings was ejected from today’s game for touching an official, although the replay suggests the referee initiated the contact. After the game, Stoop said he hasn’t had time to review the tape, but knows Bunchy didn’t mean any harm.

“I really don’t think it’s wise for me to comment on that,” Stoops said. “Again, if he — I don’t know. I didn’t see anything. I have no idea. I’ll put it this way. I know Bunchy’s heart and he’s an emotional guy and I don’t think he wasn’t trying to be disrespectful. But if he put his hand and tried to grab or for whatever reason, you can’t do that. Again, if he did that, if he touched him in any way, even if he’s emotional — I don’t think he meant it in a disrespectful way, let’s put it that way. I know Bunchy, I know where his heart’s at. The rule is the rule. I didn’t see it.”

Thankfully, unlike his teammate Darius West, Bunchy will NOT have to sit out the first half of next week’s game at Tennessee. Phew.

[mobile_ad]

22 Comments for Stoops on Bunchy Stallings’ ejection

1. dhard
    7:48 pm November 3, 2018 Permalink

Let me comment for you coach, the refs are idiots. There, you can keep your money and the truth is still out.

2. Blue Bill
    7:51 pm November 3, 2018 Permalink

That call was worse than Benny’s.

3. Underdog
    7:52 pm November 3, 2018 Permalink

Clearly IF Bunchy even touched the ref, it was very minor if not just a slight brush, hardly worthy of a quick flag.

A good analogy is a cop giving a ticket for going 56 in a 55 mph zone.

That would be a bullsh!t ticket, just as the ref, being supposedly the mature one on the field, should be an example of “cooler heads prevailing.”

Adrenaline is flowing out there. The ref physically bumps Bunchy, playing the instigator, then Bunchy’s hand apparently grazes the ref.

EJECTION!

BS!

4. WizardWCN
    8:03 pm November 3, 2018 Permalink

The SEC is hiring PAC 12 officials now? How about a rule where the officials can’t touch the players? First time, you loose your paycheck, second time, you are ejected from the game, and have to sit out the next game.

5. Miller45
    8:07 pm November 3, 2018 Permalink

Wtf did he even do? I’m looking but not seeing

6. zoupman
    8:09 pm November 3, 2018 Permalink

I’m tired of white officials charging st black players and then tossing out the player for not bowing down.

• Catscats23
      8:28 pm November 3, 2018 Permalink

Shut the hell up. Got nothing to do with being black or white. Tired of the poor me I’m black bullsh$t.

• Blue Bill
      8:52 pm November 3, 2018 Permalink

Wow. Now it’s race. Greeeeat.

• Bobbum Man
      10:32 pm November 3, 2018 Permalink

I’ve seen some dumb… really dumb comments on ksr over the years. I think this takes the cake

7. peaches76
    8:10 pm November 3, 2018 Permalink

Put that dumbarse ref on the sidelines next week…then fire him.

8. Thetruthshallsetbennyfree
    8:15 pm November 3, 2018 Permalink

The SEC said nope, Vegas(mob) said the payout is to big if the games close and way to big if they win, and the NCAA backed them up. So under the table these refs just git a nice fat thanksgiving bonus.

9. blueblue
    8:18 pm November 3, 2018 Permalink

To be fair, if there’s any justice from the SEC office, this ref will be suspended. He totally initiated the contact and I really can’t see how that’s even questionable.

10. dhard
    8:26 pm November 3, 2018 Permalink

The sec has a lot to be proud of, football officials is not one of them.

11. jccuk
    8:33 pm November 3, 2018 Permalink

Wow, so Bunchy tries to walk away, turns and barely touches the ref and he gets his feelings hurt and throws a flag! Refs have to realize they are not the reason why we come to see games, it’s about the players! And yes, this was a worse call than Benny’s.

12. That was a bullcrap call.

13. Underdog
    12:24 am November 4, 2018 Permalink

The ref jarred Bunchy when bumping into him. You can clearly see the ref impacted Bunchy.

I really couldn’t notice or detect Bunchy ever touching the ref. Very hard to make out.

Then the ref threw the flag directly at Bunchy with such great force that it bounced off Bunchy and richocheted into the air.

Anywhere else, legally speaking, that is probably a form of assault. It’s an act of violence. The ref oughta be disciplined. The REF, not Bunchy, was out of line. The ref had a little temper tantrum.

14. Thetruthshallsetbennyfree
    12:37 am November 4, 2018 Permalink

Bunchy helped kentucky march down the field and the ref saw(created an excuse to remive him)

• Thetruthshallsetbennyfree
      12:38 am November 4, 2018 Permalink

Remove

15. ky1988
    1:00 am November 4, 2018 Permalink

Everyone knows SEC never wanted Kentucky to win. They wanted to set up UGA vs Alabama round three.

16. BBNBRIAN
    6:19 am November 4, 2018 Permalink

The red should be suspended for throwing the flag AT Bunchy if no other reason. A few years ago an NFL player was hit in the eyeball by a weighted flag and lost his eyesight. After that incident officials were instructed to throw flags in the general vacinity of the player, NOT AT THE PLAYER.

17. Ez21
    8:51 am November 4, 2018 Permalink

I was worried that Benny was finna be thrown out early in the game for doing the same thing he did previously, pushing the refs hand back. Did anyone see that? But yeah these refs egos are screwing up the game.

18. BlueDew
    12:03 pm November 4, 2018 Permalink

Looks to me like umpire shoulder chucked him, wheaten he meant to or not. Barnhart needs to take the league to task for this incident. If I’m not mistaken we have not hade the top 2-3 Crews all season. This game should had the number one or two crew for this game. Not that it would make any difference in the outcome. UGA has plenty of talent. But, we deserve a quality SEC crew working this game.