Spotted: Fan with UK tattoo wearing Louisville jersey at “College Gameday”

There’s no denying it: Louisville is really, really good at football right now. And, Lamar Jackson is really, really fun to watch. Try as we might, even the most hardcore Kentucky fans can’t ignore that fact that Louisville is coming off quite possibly the best weekend their football program has ever seen. From preening in the national spotlight on “College Gameday” to routing #2 Florida State to their new #3 ranking, the Cards are flying high, which makes Kentucky’s issues this season even more frustrating.

So frustrating, it seems, that some Kentucky fans are apparently giving up their UK fanhood to jump on the Louisville bandwagon. Check out this picture of a fan with a UK tattoo wearing a Louisville jersey at “College Gameday” on Saturday morning:

I know the Cards are good right now, but that’s no excuse for any self-respecting UK fan to put on a Louisville jersey, right? Especially one that loves UK so much he got the team’s logo tattooed on his leg.

Appreciate from afar, but don’t sacrifice your fanhood for it. Big Blue Nation might not let you back in.

46 Comments for Spotted: Fan with UK tattoo wearing Louisville jersey at “College Gameday”

1. AllBlueAllDay
    1:30 pm September 19, 2016 Permalink

Hey looks it’s Claude from the show today haha sentenced to a life of line beards.

2. secrick
    1:37 pm September 19, 2016 Permalink

Believe it or not i have some friends that like both teams, i don’t understand it at all. I hate the cards and hope that win Sat. doesn’t turn out to be as big as it looks . Sorry i know thats probably wrong.

3. Rixter
    1:42 pm September 19, 2016 Permalink

Casual fans can absolutely like both teams.

• CatsFan4Life
      3:33 pm September 19, 2016 Permalink

Not sure a person that gets a tattoo can be classified as a casual fan.

• keiths
      4:40 pm September 19, 2016 Permalink

Only if they are casually retarded

4. cats paw
    1:42 pm September 19, 2016 Permalink

i think the bigger story here is that a fan was not embarrassed of having a UK tattoo on his body, at a football game!

• cats paw
      3:24 pm September 19, 2016 Permalink

and that fan is my son who suffers from feetal alcholol syndrome, it would be wise not to make of him!!! but im sure the cheerleaders will

• cats paw
      5:50 pm September 19, 2016 Permalink

“Is in a realtionship” with UKBigboard update. meaning….i own him!!! lmao

5. Big Blue Shawn
    1:45 pm September 19, 2016 Permalink

Someone posted about this on another board. He is actually a UofL fan. His mom was the only uk fan in the family. She died from cancer and he got this tattoo for her.

• secrick
      1:51 pm September 19, 2016 Permalink

That’s great.

6. Ohio Cat
    1:51 pm September 19, 2016 Permalink

Obviously a Louisville fan by the cargo shorts

7. Mathlete
    1:52 pm September 19, 2016 Permalink

Even at UL’s GameDay festivities, blue gets in.

8. HarlanBlue
    1:57 pm September 19, 2016 Permalink

We have always had a portion of the population in southeastern KY who are TN fans… now that number is growing. Most kids see no reason to cheer on BBN in football, so TN is semi-local and much better then UK. BBN is losing fan base they will not get back.

• az1006
      2:03 pm September 19, 2016 Permalink

I disagree. If Kentucky were good for 3 or 4 years in a row, you can be sure you’d see some bandwagon jumpers. Just like basketball…There are Kentucky fans coming out of the woodwork in the last 4 or 5 years, that were “hardcore” (insert other school here) fans before Cal made Kentucky basketball the coolest program in America. Football would be no different.

That being said, if your fandom is only based upon the win/loss column, then you’re not a true fan, as far as I’m concerned.

• HarlanBlue
      2:09 pm September 19, 2016 Permalink

az1006, you make some good points, but in parts of the state (like border areas) you are now into 2nd and 3rd generation of converts away from KY Football… these issues are not new, but just a continuing cycle. The latest football woes are just causing more people who where “True Blue” to give up and look for a team they can at least watch in a bowl game every now and then.

9. Biglaw Dawgin'
    2:01 pm September 19, 2016 Permalink

This seems to be bandwagoning at its finest. But with a camera like that, he could possibly be a media member or something right? I guess it’s ok if it’s for a job? We need to get an explanation from this mystery fan. Chances are, someone on KSR knows the identity of the guy. I mean, he has a marlin right below it. I think it’s time for some investigative journalism here before we hammer this fella.

10. Rixter
    2:01 pm September 19, 2016 Permalink

How do you know that’s a man? This is U of L fans, remember. Could be a woman.

11. DelrayCat
    2:10 pm September 19, 2016 Permalink

As someone who lives out of state, in ACC country, it is very easy to root for both. I bleed blue first an foremost, and so does all the UK fans I know in my area. But we all also root for UL and like it when they beat up on the FSU and Miami in Football and of course Duke and UNC in roundball.
    You can’t tell me most UK fans DON’T root for UL when they play Duke???

• Bozferatu
      2:21 pm September 19, 2016 Permalink

I root for a stadium colapse

• RealCatsFan
      3:13 pm September 19, 2016 Permalink

Giant meteor…

• J-Dub421
      3:25 pm September 19, 2016 Permalink

Godzilla attack.

• Mathlete
      3:30 pm September 19, 2016 Permalink

ISIS

• CATandMONKEY
      7:36 pm September 19, 2016 Permalink

Space-time vortex.

12. CapitalBlue
    2:10 pm September 19, 2016 Permalink

Appears to be a Nikon lens on a Canon DSLR body, too. Take your conventions and shove ’em.

13. BCO
    2:18 pm September 19, 2016 Permalink

Im not gonna lie, seeing Louisville be this good at football while we are mired in misery makes me want to puke. They just demolished the second ranked team in the country with recruits that we supposedly have beat them out of the last 3-4 years.

I hate Petrino as much as the next person…but good God did we royally screw up not hiring him. Honestly, we have no room to be on our high horse and say “Im glad we didnt hire him as least our coach is ethical blah blah…” You know who that sounds like? Louisville basketball fans. Pathetic.

I want a winner. I’m tired of the excuses…we’ve ran out them. Whats worse than watching our team suck so bad is knowing the talent we have on it. Brand new facilities, renovated stadium….lipstick on a pig. The only excuse now is coaching.

And for our AD to be so STUPID to construct a contract that basically binds us to sub-mediocrity for the next couple of years…he needs to be shown the door as well. I know he’s done a great job making other sports better but guess what…no one gives a crap about womens water polo. Football and basketball are the priority because they make the money because those are what the vast majority care about.

Sorry, just venting. Im not gonna lie, Im jealous as hell of Louisville and although I was probably one of the ones that was against hiring Petrino at the time….me and a lot of others are eating those words now.

• RealCatsFan
      2:25 pm September 19, 2016 Permalink

BCO, since you cut and pasted your post in another article, I am going to cut and paste my response again here:

“Honestly, we have no room to be on our high horse and say “Im glad we didnt hire him as least our coach is ethical blah blah…” You know who that sounds like? Louisville basketball fans. Pathetic.”

No, Louisville fans say stuff like “So who cares if the guy cheats on his wife and exposes the university to bad publicity, public embarrassment, and potential legal action, as long as we win some games, I don’t care.”

Same type of character as the guy who says, “So what if I cheat on my taxes, it’s my money and the government has no right to it.”

I hate where UK’s football season is right now too, and yes, it sucks to see Louisville getting all the positive attention right now. But just like the sun coming up, you can count on Louisville being mired in another humiliating scandal. It’s just a matter of time. Remember when their basketball program was flying high after winning the title in 2013? Didn’t take long for them to get in another sex scandal, did it? How long to you think Bobby will be able to keep it in his pants, now that he is on top and brimming with hubris again?

• BCO
      2:57 pm September 19, 2016 Permalink

That being said, that guy deserves his BBN card revoked. Disgrace.

• scorpiocard
      8:10 pm September 19, 2016 Permalink

I’ve posted this before, but since there is such pervasive delusion about this I will again. uk actually has much more of a history of scandals than U of L does. The moral high horse is a joke. U of L has its share of dirty laundry to be sure, but even with our recent whore issues we have not caught up with uk. You youngsters need to do some research. I make plenty of rivalry jokes, but faCT is both programs have skeletons in the closet. uk historically has more. So cool your jets on the moral superiority. It’s laughable.

14. Souf beach Lou
    2:56 pm September 19, 2016 Permalink

I will be honest, as a CAT fan that only cares about the cats the rivalry with UL is a bit overblown on this site there are many that are fans of both. I understand in basketball it being a thing, but in football it’s not so much. It just seems to me that the UL thing is more a personal issue with Mr jones and the folks on the site just see it as a way to create interest by fabricating this vitriol that to be honest not many outside of the hardcore fans have. Stop trying to create something that just isn’t as big a deal as you think. The UL rivalry for me is mostly contrived started by Matt jones who didn’t even go to UK. Let’s not let some transy/duke grad dictate what Kentucky fans should or should not care about. Louisville football is on another level right now, a level that UK can only dream about. KSR is happy for us just to get to a bowl and that’s the ceiling M.Jones has approved for us to want to have. Some of us would rather win the SEC. Let’s focus on that

• secrick
      3:05 pm September 19, 2016 Permalink

Wrong, We not all but a lot of us hate the cards, no matter what sport. Sure you can yell for both that way you never lose. Hell pick a team and have some fun with your rivalry.

• RealCatsFan
      3:17 pm September 19, 2016 Permalink

Lou, by your username I am guessing that you live out of state, but correct me if I’m wrong. If you grew up outside the metro Louisville area, I can see how you might not think the UK/UL rivalry is that much of a thing, but if you grew up in Louisville, like I did, you would know that it is REAL, and it has been going on as long as I remember. It is definitely more of a basketball thing, but in the last 20 years the rivalry has been heating up quite a bit in football, and in other sports too, although to a much lesser extent. So no, there is no way that this is something “contrived” by Mr. Jones.

• Billy Hill
      3:21 pm September 19, 2016 Permalink

Souf Beach says a lot of dumb shit. It will continue.

• Souf beach Lou
      9:40 pm September 19, 2016 Permalink

The reality is football is king, everybody wants to hide behind basketball and claim it is equivalent. Well, it’s not, not even close. Kentucky fans can say “wait until basketball” but the reality is no one outside of Kentucky cares, especially not in the SEC. Oh and by the way teams like Florida already had major success in basketball, even had a 30 for 30 on it. College basket ball is niche. Football is where it’s at. Louisville having a big time football team will pay greater dividends over time than Kentucky having success at basketball with a horrendous football team. It’s great for Kentucky fans, they can hang those basketball banners, but nationally no one cares about basketball outside of hardcore fans and gamblers. So that’s great we have a rivalry Louisville , well how’s that working out? They’ve won a national championship in basketball more recently than we have and their football team has beaten us 10-11 years in a row. They’ve also beaten Florida recently, so has Vandy, so has Georgia Southern. It’s a dark day for UK, yeah I know basketball will be here soon, we can go through another 38-1 also ran season, wow lucky us. time to stop worrying about Louisville and worry about our own house. Kentucky will never have the national spotlight like Louisville is going to get should they keep on this trajectory. Football is king.

15. UK Big Board Update
    3:13 pm September 19, 2016 Permalink

Thats what they call “a douchebag” on the streets.

• cats paw
      5:48 pm September 19, 2016 Permalink

can KSR automatically bold all of bigboards comments so he doesnt have to sign in under 5 names to “like” all his comments?? between liking all his own comments, making posts under my name, copy/pasting everyone’s past comments and crying over UK loses….he needs time for a life

16. jman3715
    3:24 pm September 19, 2016 Permalink

UofL can suck it. Period. I live in Louisville and if you think for one second any UofL fan would ever wish for anything but the worst for UK, you are wrong. I have tried to be nice to these people and you will never hear a kind word about UK come out of any of their mouths. Any UK fan that ever roots for anything to do with that school might as well grown a line beard, order some crown royal and start saving money for hookers.

17. Howdy Doody
    3:31 pm September 19, 2016 Permalink

My UL Grad Brother in Law swears there are at least 100 UK Fans at every home game. He says the beer lines are slow because they all stare in awe of legal booze in a NCAA Stadium.
    I believe him. Passing by Papa Johns and you will see UK Flags on motorhomes.

• cats paw
      4:00 pm September 19, 2016 Permalink

and thats becasue there aren’t 100 UL fans out side of Jefferson Co or they’d be at UK events!!!

18. BLUEVADER
    3:57 pm September 19, 2016 Permalink

Sorry but cant blame the fan. He probably wanted Petrino as well! Bobby should of been the hire now Briles better fet the call. Oh I forgot Kentucky is to high and mighty plus to righteous to hire someone like that! My bad HOORAHHH Lets dwell in the cellar of the SEC!

• Billy Hill
      4:01 pm September 19, 2016 Permalink

Are you able to find employment with grammar like that?

• Mathlete
      4:08 pm September 19, 2016 Permalink

BlueEmperorPalpatine doesn’t mind his grammar, BlueVader is strong in the force (and BlueEmperor can easily kill him if he starts getting uppity).

• Billy Hill
      4:11 pm September 19, 2016 Permalink

Well, he IS from Ohio, which explains a lot.

19. GoBigBlue
    5:08 pm September 19, 2016 Permalink

I have a question, So what is the difference between Coach Cal’s baggage coming into UK than Petrino’s baggage going into Louisville? Only difference is Coach Cal is our coach (we love it) and succeeding and Petrino went to Louisville and succeeding so we make fun of him.

20. Billy Hill
    5:09 pm September 19, 2016 Permalink

…and by being from Ohio, I mean he is better educated, more creative, and has a higher quality of life. He can come up with unique user names without having to copy awesome names and pictures from others.

21. BluKudzu
    9:46 pm September 19, 2016 Permalink

Pretty righteous of the dude if he did it for his mother’s memory. Good for him. I am just glad to find out, either way, it wasn’t because he lost a bet.