Speculation on New Offensive Coordinator Continues

6BKi97UJ_400x400

If you were around during the last UK coaching search (the one that yielded Mark Stoops), then you know that KSR is the place to get all your coaching gossip. So with that in mind, one little tidbit from this afternoon. A couple of UK players have started following ECU OC Lincoln Riley on Twitter. This started today and includes some of the offensive guys. Does that mean anything? No…but it gives us something to consider when sorting through all the smoke.

For the record, he is my top choice

Article written by Matt Jones

11 Comments for Speculation on New Offensive Coordinator Continues

1. Bullitt County UK fan
    6:03 pm December 2, 2014 Permalink

From what i’ve read on this site, I like Miami’s OC James Coley the best. Would like to see more of a pro-style instead of the typical 5 play playbook.

• Gowcats
      6:24 pm December 2, 2014 Permalink

Per earlier reports on this sit Coley is not a candidate any longer.

• Gowcats
      6:26 pm December 2, 2014 Permalink

…on this site, not sit. Darn touch keyboard!

2. KevinM
    6:22 pm December 2, 2014 Permalink

Is this the OC that won’t be beneficial to Damien Harris? That is my concern.

I would personally like for Stoops to take a look at Hugh Freeze’s QB coach……A Freeze motto: “Win the first down”….Matt Luke is the current co-OC at Ole Miss.

3. Bluebloodtoo
    6:53 pm December 2, 2014 Permalink

Wow, if you guys have time to sort through college players’ twitter activity feeds, you need a real job. HA! (this coming from the guy posting on a sports blog while on the clock at work)

4. ChanceyPantz
    7:09 pm December 2, 2014 Permalink

I would have loved to see James Coley at Kentucky next year. He would have been the best guy to get Damien Harris here as well. He runs a pro-style offense (Damien Harris is quoted earlier this year saying he preferred this style of offense), He is one of the absolute best recruiters in the country, and based on the pictures I’ve seen of him, he is the definition of swag!

If not Coley, than I think Lincoln Riley is the best option based on his offensive track record at ECU and his Air Raid offense. I also like Eddie Gran a lot but that is a long shot.

5. BeastCat
    8:02 pm December 2, 2014 Permalink

I wish I could get rid of all these ads that are on KSR without downloading something that could possibly be another virus!

• chardun20
      9:32 pm December 2, 2014 Permalink

Try Adfender, it gets rid of most ads and most web pages open faster, plus no viruses.

• BeastCat
      12:12 am December 3, 2014 Permalink

Thanks chardun20.

6. Rixter
    8:29 pm December 2, 2014 Permalink

We are a society that would rather speculate than kiss a pretty girl. Why don’t we wait to see who gets the job, then discuss the hiring.

Speculation is such a waste of time.

7. chardun20
    9:35 pm December 2, 2014 Permalink

Lincoln Riley is my first choice, followed by Hatcher. UK is 2 years in with Air Raid recruiting, shouldn’t turn back now.