Southern Miss almost doubled Kentucky up in total snaps

IMG_4140

It’s tough to win football games when the opposing team gets almost twice as many looks on offense. That was the case Saturday night when Southern Miss ran 95 plays to Kentucky’s 50 in the entire game. Time of possession? 40:32 to 19:28.

If those numbers aren’t ugly enough for you, what if I told you Kentucky had two first downs in the second half? Or that the Cats have been outscored 58-0 in the second half in the last two home games. Or that 57,230 people showed up for the game and maybe half of those people will be back in two weeks.

Be right back I’m going to go bang my head against the wall again.

Article written by Drew Franklin

7 Comments for Southern Miss almost doubled Kentucky up in total snaps

1. BluKudzu
    12:51 am September 4, 2016 Permalink

Fire Elliot, fire stoops, fire Gran, fire Barnhart.

• UK Big Board Update
      11:15 am September 4, 2016 Permalink

You love this!!! LOL You are so happy you have something to cry about!!! LOL

• Billy Hill
      11:38 am September 4, 2016 Permalink

BluKudzu can’t handle his liquor, everyone. He’s THAT guy.

2. UKPROF
    1:40 am September 4, 2016 Permalink

Honestly, there are no words. But I sure would like to know what was said (or NOT said) in that dressing room at half time!

3. UK Maine-iac
    3:09 am September 4, 2016 Permalink

The next time John Short calls in, predicting UK will win anything at football, Matt, Ryan and Shannon should laugh in his face and then hang up.

4. Falco
    6:21 am September 4, 2016 Permalink

Nit blaming Elam but one of many observations: Every time I keyed on watching Matt Elam, he seemed to back off the line of scrimmage when the ball was snapped.
    How is that supposed to help the defense? It allowed the So Miss offense to in effect have an additional blocker up front; and seemed to make it difficult to see around his wide body as to what was happening up front cause he was more in the defensive backfield in a high stance rather than establishing any push up front – I wish these damn coaches would get a f###### clue and make necessary game time adjustments during game.