Someone took a bite out of Commonwealth Stadium

@UKTix

With the season over, construction can really take center stage at Commonwealth Stadium. Check out these pics that UK tweeted out earlier today.

@UK_KFund

Buh-bye bleachers, hello club level.

10 Comments for Someone took a bite out of Commonwealth Stadium

1. ReedyCreekBuc
    2:44 pm December 5, 2014 Permalink

For those of you in the club level, I hope you enjoy my 50 yard line seats that I waited 40 years to get. Guess I will be dead before I can get back over there.

• JoeMoney333
      3:07 pm December 5, 2014 Permalink

I hate when people get online, whine, and play the pity card about nonessential things. #FirstWorldProblems

• UKnowMe
      3:24 pm December 5, 2014 Permalink

You know there was 50 yard seats on the other side of the stadium? And if you have had tickets for 40 years you should have had enough points to get somewhere between the 40’s unless you have given the bare minimum over the years. I have only had season tickets for 10 years and given an extra $100 here and there along with some baseball tickets and was inside the 7000’s on priority ranking.

2. Bluebloodtoo
    2:52 pm December 5, 2014 Permalink

Is it just me or does one of those load bearing beams look like it’s sagging/cracked? Kinda scary….

• jrdh13
      3:03 pm December 5, 2014 Permalink

Yea it does look like it’s sagging but it looks like it’s one of the ones being torn down

• JoeMoney333
      3:05 pm December 5, 2014 Permalink

They look cracked because they aren’t one single beam. It’s 3 separate beams. They also aren’t sagging they are just angled independently of each other to get the seating angle.

3. RealCatsFan
    3:14 pm December 5, 2014 Permalink

Wow, almost makes you wonder if it would have been easier to just tear the whole thing down and start over. Doesn’t look like they are that far off from doing that.

Renovating Commonwealth is one thing, but when they ever get around to re-doing Rupp Arena, it is going to be much trickier. I am wondering why they couldn’t just install a modern scoreboard / jumbotron in the place of “Big Bertha” in the meantime. Maybe add some laser light boards around the inside of the arena too to make it look more modern. That place looks antiquated by today’s standards.

• kyle heavy
      4:37 pm December 5, 2014 Permalink

You’re kidding about them not being far off from tearing the whole thing down and starting over, right?

4. memphis
    3:29 pm December 5, 2014 Permalink

Can you guys look into how many people were screwed over by the renovations? I was lucky enough to keep my season tickets but I know several people in my section who lost their seats when it was time to pick. Makes you wonder if anybody dropped their season tickets because of it.

5. wu slang
    3:31 pm December 5, 2014 Permalink

I guess the bleachers will be sold for scrap. I hope they aren’t just thrown out. I’d take one.