So Kentucky should probably make Mauk throw to his right

maty-mauk

Last I checked, I’m no defensive coordinator, although I only give up 13.7 points per game on the new Madden. But outside of that, my real life defensive scheming is very limited.

That being said, I think Kentucky should encourage Maty Mauk to throw to his right on Saturday because he hasn’t accomplished anything on that side of the field, statistically.

According to Brandon Kiley of The Sports Wire in Columbia, Mauk has thrown for four touchdowns and zero interceptions to his left. To his right, Mauk has thrown for zero touchdowns and four interceptions.

Of course, until we see film of all of his throws, which I do not plan to do before Saturday, it’s hard to grasp why the statistics are so lopsided from one side of the field to the other. But on numbers alone, I prefer Mauk chucking it out to his right.

Then again, Missouri’s team passer rating of 96.9 currently ranks 112th out of 128 teams in college football, so maybe Kentucky lets Mizzou throw it anywhere on the field. Mauk has always been one of America’s best at throwing it into the arms of the other team. He was among the leaders in interceptions thrown last season and he’s off to a good start in 2015, ranking eighth with four picks this year.

It could be a big day for the Kentucky defense. They better come to play.

Article written by Drew Franklin

10 Comments for So Kentucky should probably make Mauk throw to his right

1. Poppschmidty
    1:01 pm September 22, 2015 Permalink

Pretty impressive Madden numbers.

2. Mike Hunt
    1:26 pm September 22, 2015 Permalink

Drew can you confirm the rumor that CJ Johnson had a 30 lb bowel movement?

• Ben Dover
      1:55 pm September 22, 2015 Permalink

No report yet, but we can confirm that Louisville is on a 4 game losing streak, dating back to last year.

3. CatsBy80
    1:27 pm September 22, 2015 Permalink

To be frank, I’m not concerned about our defense at all. Missouri’s offense is atrocious, as evidenced by their dismal showing against UCONN. What I care about is our offensive production. Missouri has generally had a rock solid defense over the years and I would imagine that they are more than capable again this year. We desperately need a good offensive game to generate some confidence & I expect the entire offensive unit to bring it this week. Another offensive stall and I’d imagine some changes might happen against EKU.

• Rick
      4:28 pm September 22, 2015 Permalink

Thank you CatsBy80!!! I wondered if anyone else that Mizzou looked as bad in that game , as I did. I know they are better than that. But, I also think UK can beat them. We have to clean up our mistakes though.

• Jaws2
      8:21 pm September 22, 2015 Permalink

If we can’t contain Mauk, we’re dead Saturday. Bank on it.

4. kyjohn
    1:49 pm September 22, 2015 Permalink

UK will probably make Mauk look like the number one draft pick in the NFL draft.They seem to have a penchant for making bad quarterbacks look great as evidenced by UL in the final game last year,and the first 3 games this year.

• Wow
      1:57 pm September 22, 2015 Permalink

Are we supposed to take you seriously, when you cannot even grasp the simple concept of basic punctuation?

5. Jaws2
    7:58 pm September 22, 2015 Permalink

If we can’t contain Mauk, we’re dead Saturday. Bank on it.

6. Jaws2
    8:20 pm September 22, 2015 Permalink

If we can’t contain Mauk, we’re dead Saturday. Bank on it.