Significant Changes Made to Kentucky’s Pre-Florida Depth Chart

The Wildcats are making changes to the depth chart after a 60-point loss at Alabama.

Ten players did not make the trip to Tuscaloosa. Of the significant absences, maybe the most important one, running back Chris Rodriguez, has been left off Kentucky’s pre-Florida depth chart. Justin Rigg is also absent after missing last week’s game. Wide receiver DeMarcus Harris also appears to be out after suffering a head injury.

There are some important players back on the depth chart this week: offensive guard Luke Fortner, punter Max Duffy and linebacker Jamin Davis.

UK made a few changes on defense as well. J.J. Weaver is set to get his first career start against the Gators, replacing Jordan Wright. Instead of Kordell Looney, true freshman Octavious Oxendine is now backing up Josh Paschal at defensive end and Qua Mahone has moved up the depth chart behind Phil Hoskins.

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

22 Comments for Significant Changes Made to Kentucky’s Pre-Florida Depth Chart

1. Pensacola_Cat_Fan
    12:09 pm November 23, 2020 Permalink

I for one will not be watching Saturday. Why should UK football ruin my weekends anymore? I would encourage others to stop watching this product as well until changes are made.

• bigbowdennation
      12:14 pm November 23, 2020 Permalink

That’s fine, we won’t miss the fair weather fans.

• Pensacola_Cat_Fan
      1:11 pm November 23, 2020 Permalink

I’m not a fair weather fan. I want to watch every game and plan my weekends around watching. The only thing that has proven to make Barnhart take an interest in the football program is for fans not to show up (Vandy game with 10k fans). I want Stoops to explain why our offense will be improved next year. I want him to admit that his philosophy is wrong and his coordinators are not up to snuff for this job. I want him to promise fans that he will not hamstring his new offensive coordinator. If this doesn’t happen, we will lose a ton of players and recruits over the winter and will be at Vandy level in 2021. I feel like I’m a loyal fan that demands more than what we are getting, and I don’t think that’s unreasonable.

• CatfaninCinci
      12:23 pm November 23, 2020 Permalink

Not interested as long as TW is the starter.

• cats646
      12:43 pm November 23, 2020 Permalink

Hate to tell you, but TW is our best QB. Gatewood stares down receivers worse than Terry and can’t even run as fast as me. Allen looks decent, but isn’t as good a TW yet.

• CombatMedic_98
      3:15 pm November 23, 2020 Permalink

LOL. This is the most laughable statement ON HERE.

• CombatMedic_98
      3:15 pm November 23, 2020 Permalink

646 you can’t be serious…!

• kydrummer
      3:38 pm November 23, 2020 Permalink

Agree 100% TW gives us the best chance to win right now.

• ClutchCargo
      4:49 pm November 23, 2020 Permalink

cats646 is right at this point in time, CombatMedic. That doesn’t mean TW is great, it just means the other two aren’t ready to step in and take over yet.

2. Wade
    12:13 pm November 23, 2020 Permalink

Let sawyer smith play he has unfinished business against Florida. A holding penalty and a missed fg derailed that game. I don’t get why sawyer doesn’t play when he was good when healthy and all we have is complaints about the other guys. I know he wants to be a coach but he can play. Kinda like towels maybe better .

3. dhard
    1:36 pm November 23, 2020 Permalink

Screw changing the depth chart and change the freaking offense to something more than 1950 gave us. Some imagination would be really welcomed. Defense, try blitzing and stop playing soft with our great zone.

4. ukyelecteng
    1:45 pm November 23, 2020 Permalink

Lipstick on a pig

• blueblood80
      2:53 pm November 23, 2020 Permalink

UK football was overhyped all summer by KSR and other sports media – and we took the bait. We have no QB who can zip a pass downfield. Doesn’t matter, the receivers can’t create separation, much less catch the ball anyway! Now, with basketball teams Tenn., Fl., and Miss. all postponing this weeks games, it looks like there will be NO COLLEGE BASKETBALL SEASON. Hey, we are always top 5 in rifle season so there’s something to look forward to – oh crap, I forgot that sport was cancelled in March. What a nightmare Covid has created…..

5. TERIDACTAL1961
    2:03 pm November 23, 2020 Permalink

All these people who call themselves analysts and well informed, and this question has yet to be asked: In the first quarter against Alabama, we were shifting all over the place on offense, and guess what? It was working. we had Alabama totally confused. Then second quarter comes along, and we go back to stale Granny ball. Why did we get away from the shifts? Did we get too tired. Why haven’t any of the so called KSR experts asked this question.

• Bluehender
      2:21 pm November 23, 2020 Permalink

Stoops pulled back on the reins, Terry dactal. He’s the jockey on this horse…

6. WILDCATS1968
    2:07 pm November 23, 2020 Permalink

Pensacola Cat if the coach is handcuffing the current OC, how do we know we need a new one ? Maybe if he didn’t handcuff THIS current OC, we wouldn’t need to replace with a new one and hope he doesn’t get the same treatment ? I am confused ? IS the coach handcuffing the OC or not ? If he is, we don’t need a new one, just stop doing it with this one.

7. gasman01
    3:38 pm November 23, 2020 Permalink

All Ai know is this is not the same offense Gran ran at Cincy, so something is strange.

8. gasman01
    3:39 pm November 23, 2020 Permalink

I know..

9. UKinIN
    3:55 pm November 23, 2020 Permalink

I think the question of whether or not Stoops is holding Gran back is answered by Gran’s presence on the coaching staff. With all of the criticism Gran gets, why would he stay if Stoops wasn’t letting him call the game he wants?

10. IndianaSucks
    5:41 pm November 23, 2020 Permalink

I see TW still #1 at QB so not much has changed. At least not much that really matters. At this point in the season with no glimmer of hope, why not start Beau and play him the entire 1st half at least. Gatewood second half of nothing gets going. At the end of the day, we have 1 receiver it seems so I’m not sure that it matters.