Shannon Dawson said a plan is in place at quarterback

Darrell Bird | 247Sports

Following today’s practice, UK offensive coordinator Shannon Dawson told reporters he and the staff have a plan at quarterback and they will stick to the plan.

He did not elaborate, however.

Dawson did say the reps for Patrick Towles and Drew Barker are about 50/50, but that’s nothing out of the ordinary.

Sounds like we’re not going to get a ton of info on the QB position this week.

More to come from today’s practice…

Article written by Drew Franklin

18 Comments for Shannon Dawson said a plan is in place at quarterback

1. Long Dong Silver
    6:49 pm November 10, 2015 Permalink

I sincerely hope so. Let me guess, bad play calls at bad times. Predictability and lots of Towles hair shaking and winks.

2. mozes520
    6:50 pm November 10, 2015 Permalink

Why don’t they just come out and say that they’re not changing QBs? They’re obviously going to start Towles so they need to quit beating around the bush. All of this “plan” talk is just BS.

• Jester
      7:22 pm November 10, 2015 Permalink

They don’t just come right out and say it, because if they do, they’ll lose even more fans. We know they aren’t doing anything different than they’ve done all season, and they won’t do anything different, for any aspect of the game not just QB; but if they actually admit it, they may lose even the koolaid drinking fanboys like Matt Jones.

• UK Big Board Update
      8:39 pm November 10, 2015 Permalink

I agree. It’s OBVIOUS Stoops doesn’t have any desire whatsoever to win any more games from here on out…………

Stoops just wants to collect his pay for the next three games before the fans of BBN fire him and hire Nick Saban and/or Bill Belichick to right the ship.

• Bluebros
      9:14 pm November 10, 2015 Permalink

^^^ This guy just went Full Retard. You NEVER go full retard!!

• UK Big Board Update
      10:10 pm November 10, 2015 Permalink

sat·ire
      ˈsaˌtī(ə)r/
      noun
      the use of humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people’s stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues.
      synonyms: mockery, ridicule, derision, scorn, caricature;

• Bluebros
      1:01 am November 11, 2015 Permalink

Thank you for the clarification. I missed the joke and I’m glad you didn’t go full retarded… because you never go full retarded!!

3. oldcatsfan
    6:52 pm November 10, 2015 Permalink

A thought; QB’s go through spring practice, spring game, & fall camp never getting hit. It’s much easier to read coverages, stay in the pocket, & step up to throw without the fear of getting hit. It takes a special young man to do these things while facing a live pass rush. I understand why we practice this way & I know our pass protection has not always been the best, but do we have one of these special young men? One that will stand in the pocket, make the reads, & step into the throw.

4. wildcat451
    7:18 pm November 10, 2015 Permalink

Lemme guess, Patrick has had a really good week of practice, he’s focused, lots of energy, looks and feels good. Patrick is gonna be our starting quarterback. But i want to get Drew some reps if we are able to. Blah, blah, same ol same ol.

• inside info2
      8:45 pm November 10, 2015 Permalink

Lol. Stoops couldn’t have said it better himself

5. Leroy Bird - 00
    7:40 pm November 10, 2015 Permalink

You know Auburn and UGA both pulled this same disguise on us the week leading up to the game. I am sure their fans were just as disgruntled. In the end, it really didn’t make that much of a difference.

I believe we will go to Vandy and win. Period.

GBB.

6. Bluebros
    9:13 pm November 10, 2015 Permalink

^^^ As if any of you ding dongs know better than Coach Stoops… He is there every day. He knows the situation at QB and if he sticks with Towles its because he is the best option to win now. Some of you folks need to pull your head out the cornhole and join the rest of us living in reality.

I’m more concerned for the future. If Towles really is the best option at QB then UK football isn’t looking so bright over the next few years. I understand this is a team game but you can’t win in the SEC without at least an average QB. Hartline would have been a better option this year. Quick short throws and a solid run game. Darn…

7. @sethlieber
    9:19 pm November 10, 2015 Permalink

#firedawson

8. FunkyMonkey
    9:27 pm November 10, 2015 Permalink

No creativity in play calling at all,… not even a flea flicker, pitch out, reverse, Dawson is brain dead. Towels is a good runner so of course Dawson has shut that down. WVU knew what they were doing when they kept Dawson from calling the play. Lincoln Riley was the hire.

9. UKinIN
    9:55 pm November 10, 2015 Permalink

One thing that everyone needs to remember is that there is no value for Stoops and Dawson in playing the “wrong” quarterback. If the UK job is a steppingstone for the coaches then they need to have as much success as possible to get opportunities at bigger schools. If they want to stay at UK, they benefit in salary and recruiting by winning as much as possible. I’ve enjoyed the games since EKU as little as anyone, and I don’t expect Barker to even get a sniff of the field Saturday, but before the season I was hoping for a bowl game and that’s still within reach. If, after 12 games, even if we didn’t enjoy the journey, UK is going bowling, this season is an improvement over 2014 (just like 2014 was an improvement over 2013). OK, now tell me I’m drinking the Big Blue Kool-Aid in 3, 2, 1…

10. ScoggDog
    9:59 pm November 10, 2015 Permalink

“As if any of you ding dongs know better than Coach Stoops…”

This is why I have two UK Polo Shirts in the Goodwill pile. The last of my gear.

I’m tired, really sick and tired, of the portion of this fan base that insists on unquestioning support of this program. I’ve never been a lemming. I don’t intend to start now.

Y’all have at it.

• UK Big Board Update
      10:18 pm November 10, 2015 Permalink

Bye, Felicia!! 😉

• Bluebros
      1:04 am November 11, 2015 Permalink

If you build it… they will come!! Stoops Troops!!