Peter Burns doubles down on UK/Florida prediction

After last season’s heartbreaking loss, I think most of us are done picking Kentucky to beat Florida, but one SEC Network analyst believes it will happen this year. For the second time in two weeks, SEC Network’s Peter Burns said he believes the Cats will knock off the Gators in the Swamp, snapping the 31-game losing streak.

“I will tell you this, they have a chip on their shoulder, something I haven’t seen in Lexington in a while, that could be scary,” Burns said. “I think they go ahead and beat Florida coming up early in the season to end the streak.”

In an age where Kentucky still gets zero respect from the national media, Burns is high on Mark Stoops’ group, picking them to go 8-4 a few weeks ago:

SEC Network Predicts an Eight-Win Season for Kentucky Football

That prediction was surprising then, but the fact that Burns is still standing by it?

That blue Kool-Aid is looking tasty…

[mobile_ad]

23 Comments for Peter Burns doubles down on UK/Florida prediction

1. cats646
    1:38 pm August 23, 2018 Permalink

He’s right. I’ll be in the swamp to rush the field when we do. Anyone want to join me????

• nbarks88
      1:57 pm August 23, 2018 Permalink

I will be right there with ya!

• USMC5150
      2:25 pm August 23, 2018 Permalink

I have tickets and will be at the swamp!

• cats646
      4:53 pm August 23, 2018 Permalink

Seriously though. How many fans will we have to have there for it to be appropriate to storm the field?? Because I really am all for it.

2. maximumscott
    1:53 pm August 23, 2018 Permalink

I mean we were up 13 heading into the 4th Qtr and failed to cover receivers 2 different times and still only came up a few yards short. If anything 1 year of growth closes the talent gap for us. Hope their hydrated. It will be a close game but i can UK getting a 10 point victory in the Swamp. Leading by 3 with 4 minutes left and Bowden gets loose and puts it away.

• ClutchCargo
      2:15 pm August 23, 2018 Permalink

Agree. UK has beaten themselves many times in recent years when they had a chance to put UF away. If we didn’t shut down our own offense in the 3rd quarter, there was nothing UF was going to be able to do to stop it.

• cats646
      4:54 pm August 23, 2018 Permalink

The refs beat us in 2014.

• Unfortunately I still don’t see us winning in the swamp, esp. now that they have a good coach. I hope I’m wrong.

• cats646
      8:00 pm August 23, 2018 Permalink

Chris I don’t think I’ve ever hoped more that you are dead wrong. Ha.

3. Nick
    2:28 pm August 23, 2018 Permalink

I really thought this was going to be one of those “how are we gunna win when we can’t guard the receivers” post…

I agree it should be a good game, hopefully with as many guys KY had return they remember how bad that lost hurt and get a little extra motivation.

• ClutchCargo
      2:45 pm August 23, 2018 Permalink

It will only matter if the coaches also learned not to take their foot off the gas in the 3rd quarter like they did so many times last year. I’m hoping that having more weapons on offense will make a difference in that regard.

• Nick
      2:56 pm August 23, 2018 Permalink

Yea, I think lack of depth was an issue. There’s a happy balance of not exhausting your players late in the game and keeping the offense in stride

4. Luether
    2:34 pm August 23, 2018 Permalink

My sources say 6 – 6…

• Cokely53
      4:25 pm August 23, 2018 Permalink

We’ve learned from the past your sources suck. You need new one.

5. dismore
    3:51 pm August 23, 2018 Permalink

I don’t think many people are considering Dan Mullen is now coaching FL. VERY good coach. Between the swamp and Mullen I think our chances are slim. But that’s why you play the game.

• Cletis75
      3:55 pm August 23, 2018 Permalink

Mullen is my worry too. If we don’t do it this year, it could be a while.

• Cokely53
      4:26 pm August 23, 2018 Permalink

What’s a while when we haven’t won in 31 years? We will get them one of these days.

• dismore
      4:50 pm August 23, 2018 Permalink

A while will be when Dan Mullen is no longer coaching at FL.

6. ScottGreene22
    6:49 pm August 23, 2018 Permalink

I sure hope so

7. zoupman
    9:04 pm August 23, 2018 Permalink

If it ever was going to happen, it would have last year. Basically zero chance, Cats beat Fla ever

8. unbiasedfan
    1:31 am August 24, 2018 Permalink

Write it down!!!! I’m not picking no certain games but I’m calling 9-3 possibly 10-2. I promise everyone reading this your going to be surprised what our team looks like when they take the field. Our players will look like Florida players. Never been able to come close to saying that. It’s took recruiting and weight room development and that’s a credit to Coach Stoops and his staff. Boy will some readers hate to read that. Sit back and enjoy!!!!

• jagard3
      11:32 am August 24, 2018 Permalink

I’m just glad this was posted by an unbiased fan so I can believe it

9. CombatMedic_98
    11:56 am August 24, 2018 Permalink

Well. As long as we don’t leave receivers wide open and the refs don’t forget what “00” means at the end of the game…we might just pull this off finally!