SEC Nation Profiles Josh Paschal’s Road to Recovery

Three months after Josh Paschal was diagnosed with melanoma, he returned to the football field to start against Middle Tennessee State.

Before the outside linebacker recorded his first tackle, he first had to relearn how to walk.  Paschal was off his feet for two months.  Throughout the entire ordeal, his teammates and coaches had his back.

“JP on Three!” Those words motivated Paschal during his recovery.  Now healthy, he shared his story with the SEC Network.

[mobile_ad]

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

7 Comments for SEC Nation Profiles Josh Paschal’s Road to Recovery

1. Bill T
    12:42 pm November 24, 2018 Permalink

Coach Cal will never win another NCAA Championship. He’s coaches to what he wants and Coach K
    allows the players to play to their abilities. I am tired of excuses. Its time for a new coach.
    Bill T

• runningunnin.454
      12:54 pm November 24, 2018 Permalink

Wrong sport, sport. I’ll bring in another sport…you are way out in left field.

• Middy
      1:28 pm November 24, 2018 Permalink

The T must stand for Tard. This isn’t even a Hoops post! Paschal overcame a bigger than sports life threatening scare and you’re on here griping about Cal? Go see a therapist!

2. GoCats2019
    1:02 pm November 24, 2018 Permalink

This is about uk football and amazing comeback by just paschall. Not coach Cal

3. dcforuk
    1:02 pm November 24, 2018 Permalink

Good stuff! Thank you JP for your example that it is not what happens to us but our response to what happens to us that matters most. We are all approaching a storm, in a storm or leaving a storm and you, sir, are inspiring! Thank you for being more like the buffalo than the cow. When a storm is coming, a cow runs away from the storm and, therefore, spends more time in the storm. A buffalo runs at the storm and spends less time in it!

• JASUN74
      5:15 pm November 24, 2018 Permalink

Nice my brother. I actually live on Lower Buffalo!! I loved the reference and it very much describes Josh’s journey. What a great example of a young man that’s had to overcome way too much at such a young age. He’s smiling every time you see him and that’s says everything you need to know about him. He’s a great football player but even better person. You go get yours Josh, and I hope you get more than in life than you ever dreamed. Thank you to all the UK fans that have stuck with these guys all year. We have had the best season I can remember personally, and this has been the greatest time I’ve ever had being a fan. We really are JUST GETTING STARTED. !! I’ve been kinda sad this week just thinking about the season ending, and I can’t remember feeling this way before. Hahahaha. Thank God for letting me be born a KENTUCKY WILDCAT!!

4. GoCats2019