SEC announces scheduling rotation through 2025

BFbE6OzCYAA6a2f

These days, the SEC only does things in a BIG manner, so it’s no surprise that the league announced the football scheduling rotation through 2025 this afternoon. No, that is not a typo. Here’s Kentucky’s:

2014 at LSU
2015 vs. Auburn
2016 at Alabama
2017 vs. Ole Miss
2018 at Texas A&M
2019 vs. Arkansas
2020 at Auburn
2021 vs. LSU
2022 at Ole Miss
2023 vs. Alabama
2024 at Arkansas
2025 vs. Texas A&M

Kentucky’s permanent league opponents are Georgia, South Carolina, Vanderbilt, Mississippi State, Florida, Missouri and Tennessee. In 2014, they’ll play Georgia, South Carolina, Vanderbilt, and Mississippi State at home; and Florida, Missouri, and Tennessee on the road. These will alternate home and away through 2025.

Which game are you most excited about? For me, it’s at Alabama in 2016. I’m sad it will be another 8 years before we play at Ole Miss…by that time, even Drew Franklin will have slowed down. A little bit.

18 Comments for SEC announces scheduling rotation through 2025

1. thats budda
    4:33 pm May 19, 2014 Permalink

With you on the road trip to Ole Miss. Memphis and Ole Miss weekend is the best

2. stoops poops ice cream
    4:35 pm May 19, 2014 Permalink

Went to Bama in 2008. Just an awesome place and such nice people down there. It is a great trip.

• paducahfan
      4:53 pm May 19, 2014 Permalink

I went to Legion Field one time and the fans were pretty nasty. I figured they would be kind to us because our team posed no threat, but I decided that the schools who expect to win don’t take kindly to the enemy, even if harmless.

• UK Fan22
      11:12 pm May 19, 2014 Permalink

I was there for that one too and the Bama fans coulnd’t have been nicer

3. JT
    4:37 pm May 19, 2014 Permalink

We are going to kick the snot out of Bama in ’23!!

4. Uktailg8er
    4:42 pm May 19, 2014 Permalink

Do you realize how awesome our 2015 home schedule is????

Auburn, Florida, Tennessee and UL. That is a great way to open it up.

• Uktailg8er
      5:22 pm May 19, 2014 Permalink

Oh yeah, and Mizzou

5. Thank Goodness
    4:53 pm May 19, 2014 Permalink

I’m just glad we didn’t get a tough rotation. I’d predict an undefeated run but with the ups and downs of football you’re somewhat likely to drop one or two to these dogs. Overall I’d say we’re good to go. No hurdles here high enough to stop what will be our annual run to the playoffs.

6. The Loco Pollo
    4:56 pm May 19, 2014 Permalink

It stinks that there’s basically 12 years between trips to those west schools. From a competition level standpoint, I guess it’s good we have Miss St as a permanent opponent but from a fan travel standpoint it’s the worst.

I’ve always wanted to see a game at LSU. Couldn’t make it a couple years ago. Hope I can this year, otherwise I’ll be in my mid-40s by the next time it happens and that’s basically old as dirt.

7. Platinum Unis
    5:28 pm May 19, 2014 Permalink

Looks like we play Ole Miss in 2017 and again in 2022. Where’s the 8 year gap?

• The Loco Pollo
      5:46 pm May 19, 2014 Permalink

She’s saying it’s 8 years from now that we play @ Ole Miss next.

8. ushouldno
    5:53 pm May 19, 2014 Permalink

Last Saturday at the SEC track championships at UK I tell my old roommate let’s plan on a road trip the next time we play at Ole Miss. I will only be 72 then, I say let’s do it, GBB.

9. Ukcatzfan
    6:02 pm May 19, 2014 Permalink

Too bad there are no wins listed there

• delusional
      6:36 pm May 19, 2014 Permalink

thems is AWL wins, loser! we got the stOOPS, in case ya furgot!

• 502 CARD FAN IN YO FACE!
      6:37 pm May 19, 2014 Permalink

word dawg.

10. CardFan502
    6:41 pm May 19, 2014 Permalink

we the most proffitable .

11. I have been to all the SEC stadiums (except for Texas A&M) at least once, the trip I most look forward to is to Oxford to play the Ole Miss Rebels. I will go in ’22 Lord willing. Oh my gosh, The Dealer will be 72 for the next trip THEN 84, OOOUUUCCCHHH!!!!

12. Boudreaux
    12:55 am May 20, 2014 Permalink

If you get a chance go to LSU. I’ve been to games all over, and nowhere compares to Death Valley for a night game. It was even better when we beat them there. Thank you Tim Couch and company!