Saturday’s game is a BLACKOUT

As expected, Kentucky will wear its black unis for the Tennessee game on Saturday. Some of the players took to social media today to let fans know it will be a #BlackOut in Commonwealth Stadium.

Black Cats come out at night. See ya Saturday at CWS. #BlackOut

A photo posted by Patrick Towles (@patty_ice14) on

Maybe Tennessee will brings its orange unis and we can get real Halloween in there.

Beat the Vols.

Article written by Drew Franklin

34 Comments for Saturday’s game is a BLACKOUT

1. Poppschmidty
    12:06 pm October 28, 2015 Permalink

WHEW! All is right in my world. Go Cats!

#Tennesseehateweek

Q: What’s the difference between Neyland Stadium and a cactus?
    A: The cactus has its pricks on the outside

• Elmer Skaggs
      12:14 pm October 28, 2015 Permalink

Last year Vols scored 50 points by the middle of the third quarter

• Poppschmidty
      12:28 pm October 28, 2015 Permalink

Looks like Elmer belongs in Neyland…

• Booby Petrino
      12:50 pm October 28, 2015 Permalink

yeah Elmer is a prick who belongs on Card Chronicle. Long time troll, there. How’s that 3-4 record you guys have going working out for you? nothing to talk about on your sites except hookers and sucking at football, so here you come trolling.

• Elmer Skaggs
      12:59 pm October 28, 2015 Permalink

Booby I don’t want to go on Card Chronicle because it’s depressing. Not as depressing as I’ll be when the Cayuts beat us in football this year though.

2. CatsBy80
    12:14 pm October 28, 2015 Permalink

Will the matte black helmets be unveiled this week?? Definitely need to go buy some new black gear to bring good vibes.

• Ha!
      12:20 pm October 28, 2015 Permalink

Unfortunately, helmets and uniforms will not prevent another blowout

• Badboy
      12:29 pm October 28, 2015 Permalink

I like the chrome domes better.

• Louisville Troll
      12:51 pm October 28, 2015 Permalink

I had a blowout in my pants earlier.

• pithuahua
      1:03 pm October 28, 2015 Permalink

Rumors that black helmets will be worn.

• CatsBy80
      1:09 pm October 28, 2015 Permalink

how do you like the chrome helmets better when the team has never worn the black helmets? Also we’re 0-2 this year in chrome. time to shelf those bad boys…

• za
      2:34 pm October 28, 2015 Permalink

Black would be awesome. Chrome is atrocious IMO

• Ha!
      3:04 pm October 28, 2015 Permalink

Looks like some Tard [email protected] stole my name again. I must have really struck a nerve with them!! 🙂

Anyway, we are still glad to report that our football team has a winning record seven games in and our basketball squad is preseason #1, and completely hooker free!!

Its always a great time to be a CAT.

#LittleBrothel
      #L1CWHORE
      #EveryoneIsDisgustedByYourProgram
      #L1C7
      #L3C8

3. Elmira Hutchins
    12:27 pm October 28, 2015 Permalink

I guess the message lately is that college sports are so boring to watch all on their own, we need constant flow gimmicks now, to get people to give a ****. I find that sad.

• RUPPS_rhetoric
      12:59 pm October 28, 2015 Permalink

Do you see that rock you climbed out from underneath there beside you? Yeah, that one. Why don’t you do us all a favor and pick that rock up and start hitting yourself in the head with it until you knock yourself out, okay? Thanks, and have a good day.

• Dude
      3:08 pm October 28, 2015 Permalink

If that’s the case, then Louisville’s teams must be REALLY boring….

4. Truth Hurts
    12:28 pm October 28, 2015 Permalink

49-28 Tennessee. Can’t stop Dobbs, will not be able to run the ball for more than 1 Qtr., and Patrick will throw one costly interception (at least). Hope I’m wrong.

5. john wall
    12:29 pm October 28, 2015 Permalink

Upset win, towles throws all over a bad UT secondary. Or at least i hope

6. Keith Hernandez' mustache
    12:33 pm October 28, 2015 Permalink

Hopefully we ditch those chrome helmets. Superstition, but we play like garbage whenever we wear them.

• john wall
      12:37 pm October 28, 2015 Permalink

but we havent worn them with the black unis yet! las time we did we beat south carolina

7. Halobrad
    12:44 pm October 28, 2015 Permalink

Kind of tired of all the blackouts, redouts, whiteouts. Was fun for a while…now it seems silly.

Although, maybe they could put those white “blank” body suits on over their helmets and pads and fans could do the same. That would at least be different.

8. catfan4life
    12:59 pm October 28, 2015 Permalink

Have Ya’ll heard the story of why the vOLS choose to keep wearing the orange jumpsuits er uniforms I mean. Well, it goes something like this: A few years back it seems there was a prison detail with 11 jailbirds working close by Neyland stadium when they suddenly made a run for it toward the stadium on game day. The ticket takers thinking they were current players opened up a lane and cheered as they let them run right into the stadium. By the time the deputies arrived the convicts were in the bleachers cheering the team on. So what could they do to arrest them, but they did…..

After the game was over the incident took center stage on the news with the host asking the smiling deputy how he was able to recapture the convicts dressed in vOL colors so easily? The deputy said it was very simple: “I just looked for the only 11 men who didn’t have a pompom in both hands thinking they were cheerleaders”!

Couldn’t possibly be true or could it!? I don’t know about the convicts, but with all those “MEN” holding pompoms waving wildly is factually true, ha, ha!

• MP
      2:04 pm October 28, 2015 Permalink

I’m not reading that

9. RUPPS_rhetoric
    1:01 pm October 28, 2015 Permalink

So I’m assuming they’re asking the fan’s to wear black as well?

• Kat 308
      1:07 pm October 28, 2015 Permalink

That would be why its called a blackout.

• RUPPS_rhetoric
      1:32 pm October 28, 2015 Permalink

Usually marketing specifically asks the fans to wear it and is pretty obvious about it. Nothing is hinted in the UK tweet about anyone wearing black. No hashtag #WEARBLACK. There were pretty adamant for the Florida game about people wearing blue. In fact I just saw this tweet from Jon Hale: “Told UK will wear black uniforms Saturday, but is leaving any “blackout” up to players and fans.” So I think my question is a fair one and apparently I’m not alone in asking it.

• Carolyn
      1:43 pm October 28, 2015 Permalink

RUPPS, They were so adamant about the Florida game because a rumor got started on campus about it being a blackout, and theyhad to really promote the blue to stamp that out. There were people as late as Saturday morningg still thinking it was a blackout.
      As for this one, if the team wears blackout, in my eyes, it’s a blackout. Not like we wear black often so I will assume black unis = black in the stands. Also if they’re saying making it a blackout is up to players and fans, then YEs, it is. Whole team wants it a blackout. Especially Pat, and I know at least the students do whatever he says lol

• Carolyn
      1:44 pm October 28, 2015 Permalink

And sorry about the typos. On my phone. 🙂

10. Hello
    1:42 pm October 28, 2015 Permalink

I still want to see blue pants and jerseys with a black helmet. That would be dope

11. Blueboy
    1:48 pm October 28, 2015 Permalink

Towels starts he probably will have an interception for every Vol TD. Long night in Lexington. Don’t understand while he is the QB we should just put one receiver out there because that’s all he would look at.

12. Bluegirl
    2:41 pm October 28, 2015 Permalink

Maybe you could start by spelling our QB’s name correctly Blueboy … Towles. Patrick Towles. And don’t end that sentence in a preposition.

13. Dustin
    2:46 pm October 28, 2015 Permalink

Can we get some matte black helmets instead of chrome?