Saturday Down South predicts 5-7 for the Cats

towles zimbio

Saturday Down South is rolling out its game-by-game predictions for the teams of the Southeastern Conference and Kentucky’s hit the internet today. The popular SEC website projects a 5-7 season for the Cats, with wins in its final three games to get there. That includes a win over Louisville in the finale.

Here’s the summary:

The Lowdown: If the Wildcats can win one of the four games they’re not supposed to this season against Florida, Mizzou, Auburn or Tennessee, this team will go bowling with the necessary win total. It’s an uphill climb for Kentucky whose schedule only takes a breather following a road trip to Georgia in November. Unlike last season when the Wildcats started 5-1, the first half of the year this fall could result in four losses.

I think Kentucky is going to be much improved in 2015, but a five-win season is still a likely scenario. I have them winning six and going to the first bowl since Birmingham in 2010.

Check out each game prediction over at SDS.

Article written by Drew Franklin

18 Comments for Saturday Down South predicts 5-7 for the Cats

1. Leuther
    7:04 pm August 4, 2015 Permalink

6 and 6 would be great with the schedule we face…

• Leuther
      10:59 pm August 4, 2015 Permalink

But I’m not holding my breath. 2-10.

2. SCCat
    7:13 pm August 4, 2015 Permalink

I realize this might be blue tint – but I actually like our schedule. Columbia has been a tough place for the Cats during Spurrier’s tenure, but he simply doesn’t have the same team this year.

Further, I love our chances at home against a Florida team lacking offense with a new coach – call me crazy(i’m sure some will) but I think we’re flat better than Florida, just like last year.

Let me say this – we get off 3-0 and I think 8-4 is a possibility. I think Miss St. and Vandy are also road wins, and we beat L’ville for 8.

ULL – W
    SC – W
    UF – W
    Mizzou – L (hate that and still not convinced, but Mauk/Hansborough are tough – but they lost alot of defense)
    EKU – W
    Auburn L
    Miss St – W
    Tenn – L (not ready to give that up either but Dobbs is a beast)
    GA – L
    UNCC – W
    Vandy – W
    Lville – emphatic W

BIG YEAR!!! I am keeping the faith.

• Aaron Osborne
      8:09 pm August 4, 2015 Permalink

I agree with this completely except I’d swap Miss St. and Mizzou. More convinced we beat a decent Missouri team in Lexingon than beating Miss St on the road. 8-4 regular season and we’ll surprise a lot of people

3. Stevem
    7:35 pm August 4, 2015 Permalink

Sounds about right.

4. Billy Hill
    7:43 pm August 4, 2015 Permalink

5-7 or 6-6. No bowl or embarrassingly crappy bowl. Doesn’t matter. Basketball season isn’t far.

• Billy Hill
      11:00 pm August 4, 2015 Permalink

And we get to watch another smackdown of the Cards!

• CardFan502
      12:28 am August 5, 2015 Permalink

We got stomped by the SEC in Georgia last year in the Belk Bowl. Pump the brakes, homie.

DUDE PUT UP 266 RUSHING YARDS ON US!!!!

5. RightForTheFight
    7:52 pm August 4, 2015 Permalink

We’re going 7-5 or 8-4. We finally have the speed to hang in these games. I know it’s hard for people to believe this given our history, but the gap is closing.

ULL- W
    SC- L (Too early in the season and Spurrier won’t hold anything back. Will still be close)
    UF- W (Offense is still shoddy and we now have have enough weapons to win)
    Mizzou- W (Will be overly confident going in and complacent. We hit them in the mouth and win big)
    EKU- W
    Auburn- L
    Miss St. W/L (Tossup. Lost a lot on defense, but it’s still a road game in the West)
    Tenn- L (Offense will be in great sync this year. Too many weapons for us)
    UGA -L (If healthy, far too many tailbacks for us to keep up for 60 minutes)
    UNCC -W
    Vandy- W
    UL- W

BOWLING!

6. Reality Speaks
    7:56 pm August 4, 2015 Permalink

Anything less than 7-5 and a mediocre bowl trip is a step backward. I love Stoops and his staff’s energy, but if you aren’t improving, you’re regressing.

• Whutt
      8:08 pm August 4, 2015 Permalink

6-6 and any bowl appearance would be a step forward. There’s no way you can say otherwise…

• Whutt
      8:10 pm August 4, 2015 Permalink

I would take that statement for the 2016-2017 season, but not this one.

7. BigBlueTrue
    8:06 pm August 4, 2015 Permalink

We must win 6 regular season games and go to a bowl to keep the momentum going. If we do, watch out!

8. Jeffrey
    8:46 pm August 4, 2015 Permalink

I’m saying 7-5, its optimistic yet realistic.

ULL — W
    UNCC — W
    Vandy — W
    UL- W

But they have chances to rack up some more wins against MSST, UT, and Mizzou

• Bama
      9:20 pm August 4, 2015 Permalink

You must be what they call a sunshine pumper.

• theSkinny81
      12:32 am August 5, 2015 Permalink

I think we will lost at USC. I’ll take 6-6, however. And that’ll get us bowling. Hopefully, we’ll be able to keep most of the class together. If so, things really start to take off.

9. Billy Ray
    9:18 pm August 4, 2015 Permalink

I was thinking 4 and 8. So, I’ll take 5 and 7. Hopefully, we can make a bowl in a couple years.

• CardFan502
      12:33 am August 5, 2015 Permalink

Nah. We’ll be fine. The ACC is down this year.

#ACCTakeoverStartsNow