Ryan Flannigan will NOT play Saturday

Andy Lyons | Getty Images

Andy Lyons | Getty Images

Well crap.

Stoops announced today that senior linebacker Ryan Flannigan is out Saturday against Louisiana-Lafayette. Khalid Henderson and Jordan Jones, a true freshman, will have to fill his shoes against the Ragin’ Cajuns. A starter hasn’t been determined between those two.

When asked if there’s a mindset of holding Flannigan back to preserve him for later, Stoops said, “If he is ready to play, he would play. I don’t make those decisions and I don’t influence anybody. Doctors tell me if they can play. I don’t go anywhere near those decisions.”

So there ya go.

Article written by Drew Franklin

7 Comments for Ryan Flannigan will NOT play Saturday

1. aengr
    5:51 pm September 3, 2015 Permalink

Thank goodness…..if we can’t beat the cajans without him it doesn’t matter

2. Brian
    5:55 pm September 3, 2015 Permalink

I thought “insideinfo2” said that coaches sway doctors all the time, tho…???

• fatbrat
      6:24 pm September 3, 2015 Permalink

Some coaches do try to influence team doctors. I am glad that Stoops is not one of those low lives. When Flannigan is ready he will play but in the mean time good experience will be built up by others.

• inside info2
      6:45 pm September 3, 2015 Permalink

I said what fatbrat said I said. thanks fatbrat.

3. BAdams
    6:28 pm September 3, 2015 Permalink

We could use him this game, but it’s going to be more important to have him healthy for the SEC conference games instead of ULL and EKU.

4. fatbrat
    6:33 pm September 3, 2015 Permalink

What do you think the team doctor said to Bill Curry when Billy Jack was playing with that messed up shoulder? https://youtu.be/cJrvOi6gDJc

5. inside info2
    6:44 pm September 3, 2015 Permalink

Drew, just an FYI to your web guy. This site acts weird with the new Windows 10 Edge browser. Enough to make me not want to visit the site as much. You may like that since it will curb my criticism of you when you make the half-hearted morning post after a long night out that you sometimes make.